Eat Your Heart Out Marty McFly......AC's 1978-1989 Trip Back in Time (updates that go back to 1975 commenced on 3-12-15 )

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's head to the ole fashioned swimmin hole, shall we?   We start out with a classic Disney relic of the past:       I should stop right here and pick it up later.   Those pics deserve their own up

He's moving even slower than brown paint guy ...

And here we go:                       Do you remember this character experience?     Moving on in Future World:                         Was that a Commodore 64?   How about robot

As the warrior poet, of both Kids Incorporated and Black Eye Peas fame, Fergie says,

Let's get it started...........in here.

So these are the new supplies I have attained today:

IMG_2952_zpsaopslaqt.jpg

IMG_2953_zpsfzp6dw22.jpg

IMG_2954_zpsakzx0zqs.jpg

In case you don't know, each of those slide reels holds 100 slides. That means I have somewhere between 600-700 old pics to share here. That means this might take awhile. It also means, there will be plenty of things you guys, especially Troll, will find AMAZING.

There was a lot of time, coordination, and effort put into making this happen. Picture your mom slaving away in the kitchen when you were a kid, with flour and powdered sugar all over her apron, clothes, and face. That is what I look like right now........minus all the food products all over me. So, anyways, I hope you enjoy this.

We will start out at a place near and dear to Those who enjoy old Disney lore..........

IMG_2958_zpssvppizxx.jpg

IMG_2956_zpso1zostrl.jpg

IMG_2957_zpssfiznivg.jpg

Peacock!

IMG_2967_zpsxkseqmtd.jpg

IMG_2975_zpsdeg57ryt.jpg

IMG_2959_zps5yjaw5ny.jpg

IMG_2963_zpstsp73ccb.jpg

IMG_2973_zpscaihki0s.jpg

IMG_2968_zpsxotgpzog.jpg

IMG_2971_zpspkzr63id.jpg

IMG_2960_zpsbxlvmqqg.jpg

IMG_2961_zpsf8rhiacn.jpg

IMG_2955_zpsvz6n5xdl.jpg

IMG_2962_zpstlka1nlg.jpg

IMG_2964_zpsdppinbu9.jpg

Peacock!

IMG_2965_zpsrzmaylag.jpg

IMG_2966_zpstji8nhu9.jpg

IMG_2969_zpso5ajofge.jpg

IMG_2970_zpsn5ipzflw.jpg

IMG_2970_zpsn5ipzflw.jpg

IMG_2972_zpsdhojreob.jpg

IMG_2974_zpsxo6ceuwd.jpg

And now for one of the greatest, almost lost treasures:

IMG_2976_zpseld4ec5v.jpg

IMG_2977_zps0saduvrf.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the first of many new installments.

The new pics I acquired are mostly from 1975 to 1982. There will be a few from MGM studios also. Most will be from the earlier end of this period though. The Discovery Island pics were on a slide reel labeled 1975-1978.

You weren't kidding!

AWESOME!

Thanks for all the work it took to bring these to us.

TCD

You're welcome!

Burned by Andrew!

I can't believe how many pictures you have. That's really cool.

It is cool. I love digging through this old stuff!

Wonderful, thanks Aaron!!!!!!!!!!

You're welcome. I take Yuengling for tips.

Outstanding!!

This thread has just reinstated itself as the best thread on the whole damn planet.

High praise coming from a great thread starter like yourself.

Very awesome!

Thanks Carol. Be on the lookout for old school pics of one of your favorite spots.

Great pictures! I don't remember the stream on Discovery Island.

Thanks Gwen. I remember water being there were the birds congregate and the flamingo area.....I don't remember a couple of the places shown in the pics though.

Aaron- I also meant to ask if you'd explain where this stuff came from. I assume it's from your mom and dad. It's Awesome that they went to the trouble of organizing and keeping all of these slides. Do your folks ever visit WDW anymore?

TCD

These pics came from a great family who used to take trips with us when I was a kid. They are practically family to us. I will make appearances here and there I believe. Stay tuned.

I remembered having slides of a lot of things before when I started this report, but never found certain things that I just knew we had. As it turns out, they were slides taken by the other family that went to Disney at the same time as us, which I probably watched on a projector a hundred times when I was a kid. That's why I remembered them. I hope that clears things up.

My folks do go to WDW once in a great while but don't stay at the Fort anymore. They usually stay at Pop or something along those lines.

Moving on in the DeLorean.....

We are headed to a place that was once called: the Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village.

IMG_2978_zpsvsb3gtdl.jpg

IMG_2980_zpstzp7wequ.jpg

IMG_2979_zpsyxoxaoeq.jpg

Now check these next two pics out. Did you know these were part of the old Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village area before Saratoga Springs was built? Well, now you do.

IMG_2982_zpsexjwsncf.jpg

IMG_2981_zpsedckdfxk.jpg

It is my understanding that these treehouses were supposed to be part of a residential development that would have included apartments, condos, and single family homes, and that the LBV Shopping Village was meant to be a retail center for those residents.

Then Disney realized that those residents may have voting rights regarding some Disney related issues, and scrapped the idea, but rented out the treehouses to guests and those going to the Disney institute.

Celebration was then built later using the same type idea that was originally planned for the LBV Shopping Village area.

I am sure there are some of you that know more on this topic than me, so please chime in if you have additional info.

Moving on to another great place from the past:

IMG_2985_zps3n2jxvx8.jpg

IMG_2983_zpsnhtjpl1y.jpg

IMG_2984_zpssycmzbnv.jpg

IMG_2986_zpsm6l68izp.jpg

IMG_2987_zpsamwoke0h.jpg

Interior pics including character breakfast:

IMG_2988_zpsrqntohww.jpg

IMG_2989_zpsrpxn6wl4.jpg

IMG_2990_zpsai2adhhe.jpg

IMG_2991_zpsv6jwn9lx.jpg

IMG_2992_zpszj5tcyx0.jpg

IMG_2993_zpsfybuyerc.jpg

The kid peaking out between my mom and dad would be me (pic above)

IMG_2994_zpsvas61jfh.jpg

Look how short Donald is:

IMG_2995_zpsrywv8n4x.jpg

That's it for this update.......I hope you are enjoying your ride on the AC clan DeLorean.

More great stuff.

Donald Duck sure has gotten taller since those days.

TCD

It's funny how the characters have changed over the years.

Thanks for the great pics!

You're welcome Gwen. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Those are so cool!

Thanks Carol. I am glad you are enjoying them.

I still remember going to LBV shopping district on the last day of our honeymoon in 1989. I think we ate at a BBQ place - Fireworks Factory maybe?

That's funny, we ate at Fireworks Factory on our honeymoon in 1990!

Unbelievable pictures, Aaron, am enjoying them so much. Back in junior high my friend stayed in one of those Treehouses with her family. We were all so jealous.

Thanks for your time in posting all these.

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to do this. 

Looking forward to more awesome photos.  

You're welcome!  I am glad you joined in.

Really loving this, Aaron!!

I am happy you are following along Dave.

Now go fix me a cinnamon roll please.

You get an up arrow for cranking up this epic thread again, but mostly for this line...

Lots of awesomesauce here - looking forward to more!!

I appreciate it Mo!  Since I am providing you awesomeness, maybe you can give me a MoBand?

I am certain it would work better than a magicband.

such amazing photo's and such vivid memories for me!  Thank you so much...I loved the old times...I hope to see some memories of the Marshmallow Marsh Excursion over at the Fort...hopefully you have those in there!

I am fairly certain you will see some old Fort stuff, but I am not sure about the MME.  I have not looked at 4 of the 7 reels yet.

I still remember going to LBV shopping district on the last day of our honeymoon in 1989.  I think we ate at a BBQ place - Fireworks Factory maybe? 

I remember going there too.  I don't remember the FF though.  Glad you are reading along!

That's funny, we ate at Fireworks Factory on our honeymoon in 1990!

Unbelievable pictures, Aaron, am enjoying them so much. Back in junior high my friend stayed in one of those Treehouses with her family. We were all so jealous.

Thanks for your time in posting all these.

Thanks!  I am glad you are enjoying them.  I would love to use our points to stay in a treehouse someday.  The only thing that has kept me from trying for a stay there so far, is the lack of dedicated bus service and we like being near the MK boat launches and monorail.

And now for your trip report touring pleasure.......

we will take a trip to Epcot Center circa 1982 thru 1986....

IMG_2996_zps9riw5shi.jpg

IMG_2997_zps4ngnejgl.jpg

IMG_2999_zpsscbitnwz.jpg

IMG_3001_zpsgujx5j4g.jpg

IMG_3002_zpsykomftue.jpg

IMG_3003_zpscn3ytvrw.jpg

IMG_2998_zpsflm6dwrz.jpg

IMG_3006_zpshkkrskjz.jpg

IMG_3007_zps5ujvrato.jpg

IMG_3008_zpskssrb39g.jpg

IMG_3009_zpshomkmvid.jpg

As you can see, the golfball was a HUGE deal back then.

But, so was Carol's favorite spot:

IMG_3005_zps6o3ehjfr.jpg

IMG_3004_zpsl6h1rx4y.jpg

IMG_3010_zps32y0v8kq.jpg

IMG_3011_zpsswrlbxwy.jpg

IMG_3012_zps4mcgfhnp.jpg

IMG_3013_zpsc6oapqpz.jpg

IMG_3014_zpsbv0kina8.jpg

IMG_3015_zpso5u2dct4.jpg

Remember when CMs rode in the boats?

IMG_3016_zpszxikgje2.jpg

IMG_3017_zpsvrje6xcj.jpg

IMG_3018_zpset49htdz.jpg

IMG_3019_zps7ghkhc3p.jpg

IMG_3020_zps1ixuqwly.jpg

IMG_3021_zps0jav9fk3.jpg

IMG_3022_zpse0ijpbzt.jpg

IMG_3024_zpsmcs8mbys.jpg

IMG_3025_zps1btlgl1r.jpg

IMG_3026_zpsarovqlcf.jpg

IMG_3027_zpsl5eakdwo.jpg

Next up....Fountains of Light and we will Journey with a Finder of Dreams.....