Eat Your Heart Out Marty McFly......AC's 1978-1989 Trip Back in Time (updates that go back to 1975 commenced on 3-12-15 )

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's head to the ole fashioned swimmin hole, shall we?   We start out with a classic Disney relic of the past:       I should stop right here and pick it up later.   Those pics deserve their own up

He's moving even slower than brown paint guy ...

And here we go:                       Do you remember this character experience?     Moving on in Future World:                         Was that a Commodore 64?   How about robot

Aaron-

What does the sign about the Maelstrom entrance say in this photo?:

IMG_3171_zps0a08rexl.jpg

It's not clear to me, but I'm pretty certain it doesn't say Maelstrom.

TCD

I believe it says Information but spelled Informasjon.   There is an arrow above the word pointing left.

Very cool!!!! Ya'll experienced a lot of World Showcase!! Lots of restaurants!!

Thanks Carol. I am glad you are still enjoying the old pics.  I think the best stuff is yet to come.

I have time for at least one more update........for all you BAH fans out there, you may not like this update.  I however, appreciate this magestic vista for all of its original glory:

IMG_3207_zpsdplziu7h.jpg

IMG_3208_zpsuz12vqbp.jpg

IMG_3204_zpsmdpwkgnk.jpg

Where is everybody?

IMG_3205_zpsfanoumzz.jpg

IMG_3206_zpsbvve1una.jpg

And now lets go backstage:

IMG_3209_zpsrfagtm2n.jpg

IMG_3210_zpstraupkey.jpg

IMG_3211_zpshfyhsb0p.jpg

IMG_3212_zps8hvsqya7.jpg

IMG_3213_zpspzamuk6s.jpg

IMG_3215_zps4wohor8h.jpg

IMG_3216_zpsjvsuoyoi.jpg

IMG_3217_zpsukn04rsz.jpg

IMG_3218_zpscppocng3.jpg

IMG_3219_zpsfbuv9n0z.jpg

IMG_3220_zpsha0lnn1e.jpg

IMG_3221_zps6kpgfqni.jpg

IMG_3222_zpsz0bkvfcv.jpg

IMG_3223_zpsoqvuwofe.jpg

Honey, I shrunk.....

IMG_3224_zpsfszizwas.jpg

IMG_3225_zpse5ebhj6p.jpg

IMG_3226_zpsvpkzgm86.jpg

No hat or wall:

IMG_3227_zpsum9dwfyz.jpg

IMG_3228_zpsqhkusfme.jpg

IMG_3229_zpsbux95smy.jpg

IMG_3230_zpsw0qqlooj.jpg

IMG_3231_zps8c4esxhr.jpg

IMG_3232_zpstppfpww1.jpg

IMG_3233_zpsds65k0vu.jpg

IMG_3234_zpsl9rtu6wy.jpg

Where will we go next?  You'll just have to wait and see now won't you?

Looking at the exteriors around World Showcase it's really surprising how, aside from some taller/fuller foliage, how little has changed in all these years.

Aw... back when the Backlot Tour was a real tour!  :)

Count me in the camp of those that like that view of the theater at ...well then, MGM.

Looking at the exteriors around World Showcase it's really surprising how, aside from some taller/fuller foliage, how little has changed in all these years.

Aw... back when the Backlot Tour was a real tour! :)

Count me in the camp of those that like that view of the theater at ...well then, MGM.

The backlot tour is a joke now. The sooner that and LMA meet Miley's wrecking ball and Star Wars Land et al. get built the better.

I remember Maelstrom opening was a big deal. Did Norway come after the rest of the World Showcase or just the ride? I remember the excitement of a ride in the World Showcase. 

Kitchen Kabaret! Good times. 

I had forgotten about World of Motion. 

I remember Maelstrom opening was a big deal. Did Norway come after the rest of the World Showcase or just the ride? I remember the excitement of a ride in the World Showcase. 

I know that Norway was not an original part of the World Showcase.  I believe that Maelstrom opened with the rest of the Norway pavilion.  I think Aaron is right that the door I referred to as the entrance is one of the doors off to the side of the entrance- where the old paper FP terminals used to be.

TCD

Kitchen Kabaret! Good times. 

I had forgotten about World of Motion. 

I think it would be cool to see that old stuff again once, but it would all be pretty dated, much like Universe of Energy and Imagination.  Obviously Wonders of Life is a worthless waste of space also.  FW is in dire need of some better attractions.

I know that Norway was not an original part of the World Showcase.  I believe that Maelstrom opened with the rest of the Norway pavilion.  I think Aaron is right that the door I referred to as the entrance is one of the doors off to the side of the entrance- where the old paper FP terminals used to be.

TCD

I had my informassjon correct?  Yes!!

Some of the Disney radio stations on Live365 play the attraction audio from this and a bunch of the other long-gone attractions like Horizons.

I have heard some of it too.  Pretty cool. 

Here is Horizons ride thru video from 1992:

https://youtu.be/qvOpTFZCaig

Here we are at old school Typhoon Lagoon.....

I honestly have no idea what has changed there because it has been forever since i was there.

I do remember there were intertubes or boards to lay on in the wave pool back then and I have heard those are no longer allowed.....maybe one of you can enlighten me.

Anyway, without further ado, here are some old TL pics:

IMG_3235_zpswh3rzfha.jpg

IMG_3236_zpsgzlpzzd7.jpg

IMG_3237_zpswl5so2bj.jpg

IMG_3238_zpsdfmbt8xc.jpg

IMG_3239_zpsvvwpgbua.jpg

IMG_3240_zpslzca6fza.jpg

IMG_3241_zpszmgyhznv.jpg

IMG_3242_zpslphtrisj.jpg

IMG_3243_zps50zzhlgh.jpg

IMG_3244_zpstuet6zcd.jpg

IMG_3245_zps2iik2qel.jpg

IMG_3246_zpsm5e7pz6y.jpg

IMG_3247_zpsomt9prpc.jpg

IMG_3248_zpsqnzdzvep.jpg

IMG_3249_zpsyxsw4kfv.jpg

Next we will have a pot-pouri update.....sort of like the pot-pouri category on Jeopardy where anything goes......Stupid Judy, Stupid Energy.

The big difference I see between Typhoon Lagoon now and from the photos is that the landscaping has really grown up since those photos were taken.

And, there's more to do now- like the Crush-n-Gusher water coaster.

Unfortunately, you can still see fat guys not from this land sporting speedos.

I see what you did there with the Stupid Energy!  Stupid Judy! comment.  Good one.

TCD

And now for a pot-pouri update that is guaranteed to have something you will like.......

Here we go:

IMG_3388_zpsthvjjn7g.jpg

Canada:

IMG_3251_zps1v3fdqrr.jpg

Nemo without Nemo:

IMG_3252_zpsza4a8uoz.jpg

IMG_3253_zpsdivvnmun.jpg

Fort:

IMG_3254_zpslhbf85c6.jpg

IMG_3255_zpsh4evyfql.jpg

IMG_3264_zpsphnusbfq.jpg

IMG_3265_zpslrfkxemz.jpg

IMG_3266_zps0qjpccmh.jpg

IMG_3267_zpsmy2b0gqu.jpg

IMG_3268_zps3py62rd2.jpg

At CR and From the roof? of CR:

IMG_3256_zps1arkxs8y.jpg

IMG_3257_zpsppjidfpj.jpg

IMG_3258_zpsnshdeyhg.jpg

IMG_3259_zps2a4isaiz.jpg

IMG_3260_zpsk1t76qwd.jpg

IMG_3261_zpszuhp7nqj.jpg

IMG_3270_zpswtugmvk9.jpg

A Luau pic:

IMG_3269_zps6dyhs4wh.jpg

And now the pinnacle of this update:

IMG_3263_zps5vehaev2.jpg

Many of you have seen the most recent pics of this spot in DIT's latest TR.  This is what that spot looked like in its heyday.

I still haven't even looked at 3 of the 7 slide reels I procured for these new updates.  I am hoping for a lot more Fort and RC on those.

Love all these old photos!

I loved the backlot tour...my favorite the Golden Girls House. To bad they got rid of the tour. 

I haven't seen the Living Seas with Nemo. I remember it the same as your pictures. Is it all Nemo theming now?  No more scuba guy in the tube?

I didn't like riding (or walking?) thru that tunnel surrounded by all those fish and sharks. Always scared the crap out of me. 

michele