ImDownWithSpringAtTheFort

With the exception of the photo of your white legs, I've enjoyed everything about this TR so far, and will read every bit of the rest of it when you get a chance to post.

Don't give up- I'm sure there are a lot of folks who will enjoy reading your report.

And, I just scanned through it again, and got some useful information.  My oldest DD is now going to school at Auburn, and we were just up that way this past weekend.  So far, our trips there have been via Tallahasee, but on the way home I took a different route.  Google maps and other on-line resources told me to cut through Georgia via Columbus and Albany and catch 75 near Tifton.  A fellow we talked to in Auburn told me to head through Eufala and Dothan and catch 10 south of there and head east to 75 that way.  That seems to be the route you took.  I didn't want to go that way because it seemed that we were heading a bit to the west and would have a long drive on 10.  But I like 10, so  I think I am going to try that next time.

I know you've got a lot on your plate now- but please post on this TR when you can.  I enjoy your photos, and I always enjoy hearing about how each family here on Fort Fiends spends their time at the Fort.

TCD

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does anyone still read this tr? I've been too busy lately to work on it, but maybe tonight I can. Somehow my stuff doesn't generate much traffic :-\

Alright, glad you guys are still aboard.

Our next day was spent at the Fort and doing a little resort hopping.

My kids would live at the pool if we let them, so we had to do some swimming.

Bode liked the kiddie area.

20130319_173745_zps121071d3.jpg

20130319_173924_zpse138a8f2.jpg

After swimming we hopped on over to WL.

20130319_123717_zps9d09df9e.jpg

We love WL. We spent our honeymoon here, so its always nice to visit and reflect on how things have progressed with our family.

20130319_123416_zps259bdbf3.jpg

It is so relaxing to have a seat and people watch.

20130319_123421_zps8187cae0.jpg

We ate lunch at Roaring Fork. I had to get my salad fix. I was jonesing pretty bad.

After lunch the women folk strolled around a bit doing some shopping and pin swapping. I chilled.

We then hopped a boat back to the Fort.

There was some work going on by the CM only dock

20130322_084405_zps7e157fd6.jpg

Later I rode over there on my bike and found some work going on in the old RC booth. They were working on the phone lines in there. They also had some temporary power ran down to the dock area. It looked a 220V lead. I tried getting some info, but the CM's were not in a talkative mood, I guess.

I also spotted these guys. I think a few were civil engineers. How did I know? Well, they were acting civil, seemed to be nerdy and awkward around women, and I heard them talking about road width. They were also over by the 700 loop entrance looking at the road.

20130322_141537_zps24a68f17.jpg

Good update Blake.  I too am nervous about those engineers.  I think they are looking at widening Big Pine Trail into an expressway so the Four Seasons guests can easily access the marina.  Those damn Four Seasons people! 

You had a nicer honeymoon than INC and I.  I won't even tell you what we did...let's just say it was cheap. 

I think they are looking at widening Big Pine Trail into an expressway so the Four Seasons guests can easily access the marina. 

The last thing those people want is to have anything to do with the type of people that stay at the Fort, like you for instance.

Also those people will have door to door transportation and won't need no stinkin marina.

If those guys were civil engineers and didn't have CM name tags, they may have been there for RCID as they are responsible for water management, common roads and bridges, and utilities.

Great update!

Love the pics of Bode in the splash zone.  I think you need to take a picture there every year so we can watch him grow.

I wonder what they were doing to the CM dock?  I will have to stop by there some time soon.

Those civil engineers make me nervous.  What could they have been up to? Nothing good.

TCD

That's a good idea. I do that with the girls at the teacups.

I looked at the dock and didn't see anything exciting.... maybe erosion repair?

Good update Blake.  I too am nervous about those engineers.  I think they are looking at widening Big Pine Trail into an expressway so the Four Seasons guests can easily access the marina.  Those damn Four Seasons people! 

You had a nicer honeymoon than INC and I.  I won't even tell you what we did...let's just say it was cheap.

Motel 6?

The last thing those people want is to have anything to do with the type of people that stay at the Fort, like you for instance.

Also those people will have door to door transportation and won't need no stinkin marina.

If those guys were civil engineers and didn't have CM name tags, they may have been there for RCID as they are responsible for water management, common roads and bridges, and utilities.

I saw a few CM tags.

Sorry I'm late..........Loving your report so far. Your kids are adorable! Are the girls twins?

Thanks. They are 12 months and 3 weeks apart.

Sorry I wasn't here to read the update when you posted.  Love the water play photos.

Thanks. Playing in the water is big business with my crew.

more, more.....

Can't do one tonight. I'm about to turn in. I've been cleaning up storm debris all afternoon, but it did give me an excuse to go buy a Bobcat track loader with air conditioning. It's my new toy.

Thanks. Playing in the water is big business with my crew.

Can't do one tonight. I'm about to turn in. I've been cleaning up storm debris all afternoon, but it did give me an excuse to go buy a Bobcat track loader with air conditioning. It's my new toy.

Those are nice toys.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone still read this tr? I've been too busy lately to work on it, but maybe tonight I can. Somehow my stuff doesn't generate much traffic :-\

I know how you feel...

I'm late to the game but started reading last night and caught up this morning.  It's great that you take the time to make memories at The Fort. 

Great! A boy and his toy, that means no more trip report posts for a few weeks.

Looks like you were correct!

Those are nice toys.

They are quite handy.

Glad you are back doing updates!

I hope all is well with your family.

Thanks...we are getting by.

A bobcat is a great toy.  I don't think I'd ever get bored on one. 

I don't. There is always some dirt to move or brush to knock down.

Great report.  You have beautiful kids and a sweet rig.  Look forward to reading more if you get a chance.

Thanks. Thanks and thanks. 

I know how you feel...

I'm late to the game but started reading last night and caught up this morning.  It's great that you take the time to make memories at The Fort. 

Welcome aboard!

Waiting patiently....

Wait no more. 

Welcome back to the slowest TR ever!

We left off with a lazy non park day, but we were still able to get a lot done even on a lazy day. 

The date is 3/20 we awoke to threatening skies and sprinkles. I was cautiously optimistic after checking the radar on my phone. 

While we were getting ready and preparing breakfast a good rainstorm came and went. This would turn out to be a good thing. 

We cruised in the family truckster on over to HS. The parking lot was nice and empty, but we were subjected to the extra mile of walking due to driving a dually  :banghead:

We barely missed rope drop, but it didn't matter too much since the park was not too crowded.

Check out the lack of people!

20130320_091606_zpsb45ad671.jpg

20130320_091609_zps41b6e26a.jpg

20130320_091615_zps7c4e6618.jpg

I like how the streets have that just washed look like they do in some movies.

I powered through the mass of bodies and picked up FP's for TS. Then I met the crew at RR to ride with the kids. Laurel and I went in first. She was nervous about it. She really is timid when it comes to rides, so she was stressing a little. All of that went away after we launched. She was screaming and having a great time.

While we were riding my wife was stuffing Lizzy's shoes with napkins in hope of passing her through. We got her measured, and she was literally 1/8" too short. The CM would not budge at all. This was 2 years in a row that she was denied, but to her credit she didn't have a meltdown. 

ToT was a quick walk on so I carried Lizzy over to ride that to make up for RR. Laurel hates to be scared and wanted no part of it. Lizzy doesn't really care for the pre drop part of the ride, but she loves the up and down. 

Little man liked it even though he hasn't rode anything yet....and ole dad needed a haircut and a diet

20130320_095620_zpsa4dd290d.jpg

I know the Disney savy will notice that custom shirt....yes they all have them!

20130320_145459_zpsbba77ec8.jpg

Our next adventure was inspired by TCD. We had never done the Art of Animation drawing so this was high on my list. The girls love to draw. They must be responsible for hundreds of tree deaths per year. 

We cruised over and found a short wait time and a Mickey meet and greet that was completely devoid of people. Win Win!

Mickey!

20130320_101145_zps4bdb1936.jpg

We waited a short time then we were seated for our drawing session.

Look at these happy faces!

20130320_103141_zpsbf86dcd3.jpg

It would all come crashing down shortly into the session. My girls are hyper competitive, and they freak out when they can't do something.

I knew we were in trouble when I heard sniffling and looked over to see Laurel with her head down.

Then shortly after that Lizzy wadded her paper up and started crying.

I could not help but to find this very amusing. Then they really got mad at me.

The wife and I had a great time drawing, but not the girls. 

After the drawing debacle we cruised around a little then hit TS.

Look at this army "man"

20130320_112325_zps21f807c4.jpg

This has to be least hot costume at Disney...its entirely made of mesh. It is also quite see through. This is when I noticed that this army "man" was sporting some nice short shorts and very nice female lower proportions :clint:

Next up was the backlot tour....Yawn! It used to be a lot better.

Then we ate our packed lunches in the eating area back there. Win Win for low priced good lunches

Next up Star Tours!

I snapped this one on the way over. I've always like this area...the detail is quite nice

20130320_123601_zps09a3d3cd.jpg

After Star Tours we had some ice cream, did some pin trading,  and made our way back to the truck.

We planned to come back later in the evening, but the Fort and the pool won that argument later.

As it turns out this was probably the best park day of our trip....low crowds, cloudy cool weather, and just a relaxing time.

That evening I cooked some monster steaks with potatoes and corn on the cob........it's good to be IDWD and family!