ImDownWithSpringAtTheFort

Sunday, 3/17

It is a MK day! We always start a first full day at WDW with a trip to the MK. The girls like it, we like it, and it just feels right. When we checked in the day before we were handed the little sheet with the park hours. It stated that the MK opened at 8 am. We decided to do rope drop this morning. It's usually pretty easy (for me anways) to get up and get going.

But this morning was a bit different. My wife and kids all sleep in a little longer than planned, plus getting packed up and to the Settlement took a little longer than planned. I decided that since we were late that I would pop in TE for some take out breakfast. I rode ahead on my bike a little faster than the rest of the crew and grabbed a six pack of sticky buns ( they were tasty too). We finally arrived at the dock about 830 and found a line of people waiting. 

We waited for at least 15 minutes before a boat pulled up. The deckhand announced that this was the first boat to the MK and apologized for being a bit late. I was thinking " a bit"? I'm glad we didn't get up on time. As we all snacked on sticky buns I was surprised to see a huge crowd at the MK gate. Then I realized that they were not letting anyone in! Turns out the schedule we were given was for the week prior, and we had inadvertently arrived just in time for rope drop! Score one for being fashionably late.   

After watching the opening show we made our way down Main Street, hung a right at the ice cream shop, and into TL. I had to grab some fastpasses for SM. Next we headed to the new Fantasyland. We were all very impressed with this new addition. We oooh'ed and ah'ed then headed to the Ariel ride, which was a walk on at the moment.

Now that's a pixie dust moment if I ever heard of one!!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does anyone still read this tr? I've been too busy lately to work on it, but maybe tonight I can. Somehow my stuff doesn't generate much traffic :-\

I had the same thing happen with the previous weeks schedule. One time we're sitting in the camper around ten thirty and I look at the schedule to see MK is open til 3 a.m. for emh. Annie and I take a boat over, rode SM about 1145 and noticed nobody was in line so asked if we could go again. The CM said no I'm sorry the park is closing. I was like what? What Shut EMH? She said not tonight. Went back to the camper and saw it was previous week. I think they need to put the new one in the packet especially for people who check in late in the week.

My thoughts on the Ariel ride are well documented...but I think that meet and greet would be very enjoyable.  I need to check that out. 

They seemed to like it. I was indifferent.

Now that's a pixie dust moment if I ever heard of one!!!!

It felt like one. My kids were happy about it.

I had the same thing happen with the previous weeks schedule. One time we're sitting in the camper around ten thirty and I look at the schedule to see MK is open til 3 a.m. for emh. Annie and I take a boat over, rode SM about 1145 and noticed nobody was in line so asked if we could go again. The CM said no I'm sorry the park is closing. I was like what? What Shut EMH? She said not tonight. Went back to the camper and saw it was previous week. I think they need to put the new one in the packet especially for people who check in late in the week.

Yep, I made sure to check the dates from there on out.

We had late boat issues too. Frustrating! Looks like you guys had a good first day though. My little dude is a thrill seeker. I'm surprised the timid daughter didn't want to ride with a parent. She has some bravery in her!

She's usually does, but she is getting better about it.

I'm late, but I'm in!

Great start to this report.

My comments:

-I'm glad you were able to get away and make this trip.

-Your new truck is awesome.

-Love the bike trailer.

-Love the photo of Bode staring at Ariel. 

-Your legs are really white.

TCD

Thanks for the truck comment. Its not bad for an 2006 model

I used a strap to secure the car seat in the trailer. He loved bike rides.

My legs hadn't seen sun all winter until then. But I did leave with a decent flip flop tan.

Rain day here so I'm catching up..  Agree w/ the TH statement, we get a lot of stuff plus our golf cart down the road with ours.

A cart is in our future....having a little one makes biking harder 

Didn't know that Camping world had hook-up!

You may want to call about the hook ups. We didn't use them.

Update?? Although I never do trip reports so I guess I shouldn't rush those that do.

Hopefully, I will have time this evening to do some more. It has been busy lately.

I'm here too!

Good to have you onboard.

Moving along now...

We left off with Sunday at MK. We had watched the fireworks and headed back to the camper. 

Monday was another MK day. I know what you are thinking, but the girls love MK......and so do we....so back we went.

We pretty much did the same things this day but we didn't stay all day. We came back to the camper for lunch and swimming.

The girls must have gills, as they would live in the pool if we let them.

We rode the teacups

DSC_9357_zpsb21c9230.jpg

We chilled out while taking in the sights

DSC_9379_zpsbee6f688.jpg

DSC_9382_zpsc2827c23.jpg

DSC_9384_zps41409004.jpg

We had some salads at the place beside IASW.

20130318_112844_zpsbc5a2e67.jpg

On the boat ride back after lunch we saw the geyser at WL

DSC_9406_zpsff733165.jpg

Look...someone lost their shoes!

DSC_9407_zps3cc856ee.jpg

We were going back in the evening, but we decided to go to Downtown Disney instead

We had a great dinner at Rainforest. I could eat my weight in the pastalaya dish.

"Give me food!"

20130318_170122_zpsaf4898a8.jpg

We cruised around a little after dinner then crashed at the camper. 

We sat outside for a bit under the awning and had a tasty drink to finish off the evening.

• 3 weeks later...

I could get some updates done if photobucket were not blocked at work :/ By the time I get home it is one thing after another until bedtime.

I had that problem at one time.  For some reason the photo sites are no longer blocked.  When they were I sometimes could connect to the wifi signal of the company next door.  :clint: