From The Main Street Mouse...

As we talked about earlier on our FB page, WDW has a press release coming up for Thursday evening, announcing events for the upcoming “Monstrous Summer” campaign. These details are expected to be confirmed later this week, but here’s what the rumor mill is putting out:

May 24, 2013, the Magic Kingdom is allegedly going to have a 24 hour party, which will feature a meet and greet by Mike Wazowski and James P. ‘Sulley’ Sullivan as seen in the upcoming Monsters University film.

A monorail wrap, dubbed as the ‘Monsterail’ will make its debut in support Monsters University, in theaters June 21, 2013. As you know, Disney has done this a lot recently for other films like The Avengers.

The Magic Kingdom will be altering its Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor attraction so that jokes and other parts of the show will go along with the Monsters University theme.

Mike and Sully’s meet and greet location at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be transformed to the MU student union, again to go with the Monster’s University theme.

These are the events that I’ve heard of so far, even though they aren’t officially confirmed yet. Stay tuned to TMSM for more updates on what Disney has coming for their Monstrous Summer!

http://www.themainstreetmouse.com/2013/04/22/more-details-on-disneys-monstrous-summer-events/

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

:jumpforjoy  :banana:  :parrot:  :yay:  :dance:  :doodebug:  :stars-shower-smiley:  :yaysmilesa-smiley:   We're GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!   This is going to be one heck of a trip report!

We will be staying until 6am, even if we're sitting at the train station staring at the clock.    ...or sleeping at the train station. 

If they kick-off Memorial Day weekend with a 24 hour MK day, monstrous isn't the right word.

I'm thinking more like disastrous.

It was one thing to have the park open all night on a Tuesday night in February.

But a Friday night on a holiday weekend?

Yikes.

Of course, if this is true, I will be there.

But, I'm not going to like it.

TCD

If they kick-off Memorial Day weekend with a 24 hour MK day, monstrous isn't the right word.

I'm thinking more like disastrous.

It was one thing to have the park open all night on a Tuesday night in February.

But a Friday night on a holiday weekend?

Yikes.

Of course, if this is true, I will be there.

But, I'm not going to like it.

TCD

You're going to go after that record aren't you?

May 24, 2013, the Magic Kingdom is allegedly going to have a 24 hour party, which will feature a meet and greet by Mike Wazowski and James P. ‘Sulley’ Sullivan as seen in the upcoming Monsters University film.

As this is 10 days after my birthday, I think I should have to attend.... no?   8)

Are you talking about Lou's record?

The one where he counts the TTC as part of the MK?

How can I beat that record when the guy makes up his own rules?

The TCD gang already did the 24 hours once.  And we will do it again if we have to.

TCD

I was assuming Kelly was referring to your quest to ride every ride in the MK.  Didn't you miss the Astro Orbiters?

I was assuming Kelly was referring to your quest to ride every ride in the MK.  Didn't you miss the Astro Orbiters?

That's correct.

If this is a go, I will need SBD's (Schmuckface Bus Driver's) official list of MK attractions, since he knows the exact number and no one else does.

Probably we are going to do some things differently though.  Last time, there were lots of CM's who showed up late in their PJ's.  The girls want to do that this time.  Don't worry, I will pass on the PJ's.

TCD

Lou hasn't made a snarky comment about this yet. Is he OK?

Yes, I'm ok. I have this thing where I show up at WDW on Mon thru Thurs, usually, and make the magic.

He's probably working. Just wait till he parks the bus. :)

Correctomundo

Since I heard it first from TMSM, I think Dave's right.

Good - gives me time to go dig my flame retardant suit out of the closet.   8)

Why, because you're posting stuff from TMSM? 

What, the homeless guy living under the bridge on World Drive didn't have any scoops?

Not to worry, I'm sure it's all accurate info.

Why, because you're posting stuff from TMSM? 

What, the homeless guy living under the bridge on World Drive didn't have any scoops?

Not to worry, I'm sure it's all accurate info.

Hey, you've got some nerve off cramming people into a bus making magic, while some of us are procrastinating at our desks.

The Monsters Inc. monorail wrap was true.  The Disney Parks Blog posted a photo today:

mum489024SMALL.jpg

Looks pretty lame compared to the Tron, Avengers, and Iron Man wraps.

Nothing on the offical blog (yet) about the 24 hour thing.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/04/monstrous-monsters-university-monorail-pulls-into-walt-disney-world-resort/

TCD

from The Main Street Mouse - follow the link for photos...

Monstrous Summer Press Event, April 25th and 26th!
April 25, 2013 | Author Cindershella

We have been posting updates all week, but the day is finally here! Disney is hosting their Monstrous Summer press release “party” today and tomorrow. I had posted some of the Monsters University news earlier this week, like the “Monsterail” (monorail), a possible 24 hour party on May 24th, changes to the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor attraction to reflect Monsters University references, and a better meet and greet spot for Mike and Sulley at DHS. We know the Monsters University Monorail rumor was true, as it debuted yesterday, and we’ll find out about the rest hopefully later today.

Last night, as we posted on our FB page, there was a leaked video of what’s going to happen to Spaceship Earth at Epcot tonight during the event. If you didn’t see yet, Spaceship Earth will be transformed into Mike Wazowski, the green one eyed monster from Monsters U, possibly just for the press event. I don’t believe Spaceship Earth will be a blinking, talking monster for long, so be sure to check it out! Kind of cool, and kind of scary, all in one!

The event starts this morning with a tour of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train construction site and a sneak peak inside the soon-to-open Princess Fairytale Hall for select members of the media. Some predict that a concrete opening date for the Mine Train will also be revealed tomorrow. That would be great! We posted a pic of the construction site earlier this week too, it seems to be coming along!

Following the various tours and interviews with executives and Imagineers, the press will come together tonight at Epcot for an exclusive after-hours event that will feature Mike Wazowski on Spaceship Earth. Thursday night’s event is expected to include a special announcement, which is what I believe to be the 24 hour party. Or so rumor has it.

Tomorrows event include an “Around Our World” presentation providing updates on current Walt Disney World projects, such as the Avatar-themed land, Disney Springs, and MyMagic+. They are also expected to announce more details regarding the “Monstrous Summer” campaign like the rumored new entertainment, merchandise, and character greetings.

The heart of the two day event is obviously regarding the promotion of Monsters University, which will be released on June 21st. Stay tuned to TMSM for more information as we get it!!

http://www.themainstreetmouse.com/2013/04/25/monstrous-summer-press-event-april-25th-and-26th/

While that last pic was obviously a photoshop....this video surfaced online from last night, shot as they were testing the projection on DJJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8sojdkelE&feature=player_embedded

That is pretty good!

My comments about the place being run by idiots is that this apparently is being done for a press event, and not for the average guest.  Like that flying dragon they hyped.

TCD