One thing to say about Disney food.

Horrible!!!!!!!!!!!! :bugeyes:

I've tried to refrain from responding to this post.  But I can't.  This person hasn't been back to the thread for well over 24 hours.  Were they just trying to stir something up?

We've never had any Disney food that was horrible.  True, some things we haven't liked; nothing has been horrible.  But other things have been wonderful.  Like the all-you-can-eat crab legs at Cape May.  Or the pork sliders at F&W.  Or breakfast at TE. Or the sugar-free milkshake at the Plaza Restaurant or the raspberry sorbet at the ice cream parlor.  I could go on and on, and I'm getting hungry just thinking about the food.

To the OP, please don't post one word and walk away.  Please explain yourself.

I've tried to refrain from responding to this post.  But I can't.  This person hasn't been back to the thread for well over 24 hours.  Were they just trying to stir something up?

We've never had any Disney food that was horrible.  True, some things we haven't liked; nothing has been horrible.  But other things have been wonderful.  Like the all-you-can-eat crab legs at Cape May.  Or the pork sliders at F&W.  Or breakfast at TE. Or the sugar-free milkshake at the Plaza Restaurant or the raspberry sorbet at the ice cream parlor.  I could go on and on, and I'm getting hungry just thinking about the food.

To the OP, please don't post one word and walk away.  Please explain yourself.

You tell 'em, Gwen.

If I had to describe Disney food in one word, it would be "overpriced." 

I don't think I've ever been served anything horrible.

So, I'd like to know what the OP is talking about too.

TCD

You tell 'em, Gwen.

If I had to describe Disney food in one word, it would be "overpriced."

I don't think I've ever been served anything horrible.

So, I'd like to know what the OP is talking about too.

TCD

I agree. The only thing I ever remember not liking was a blt flatbread at TE. It would have been great but something in it was super spicy and as a personal preference I'm not a fan of super spicy.

As I wrote in the second post, there will be lots of different opinions.

Hopefully the OP will post specifically what restaurant he's talking about and wouldn't it be funny if it turned out to be a non Disney operated restaurant?

I've eaten at a couple of WDW restaurants and I've never had horrible food either and in my case, it's also not overpriced.

Ohanas, I've omitted all commas, and the Yachtsman Steakhouse are my current favorites.

First day.

Cosmic Rays- 3 of the 4 the kids had burgers that were dry and grey. My other son had the Chix and Rib combo that he only ate part of. My wife had some kind of salad that was OK, I had the Ribs that were dry and fatty, that was a surprise because last time a few years earlier, they were good.

Second day.

Pecos Bills Tall Tales Inn- I had the Barbecued Pork Sandwich that was dry and needed a lot of BBQ, the corn on the cob was over cooked. Wife had the Chilled Chicken Wrap that she said the chicken was kind of rubbery. One of my sons had the 1/3 lb burger that he said was better than Cosmic Rays but still on the dry side. Not sure what my other son had, but the girls had kid meals.

Third day.

Casey’s Corner- It was around 1:00 pm and we were ending our day to go back to the pool so we wanted something fast. I had the Chili-Cheese Dog that was ok, but the dog didn’t have much taste and was cold. My sons had Nachos, Kind of hard to mess them up, and the girls had Corn Dog bites. Wife didn’t have anything.

Epcot.

My wife and I ate in the Mexico at La Cantina de San Angel , we both had the Tacos de Pollo that was OK, last time we ate there I remember getting beans and rice with our meals, but they don’t have that anymore, instead the just toss some chips on the plate and call it a meal. My one son munched on a Turkey Leg earlier. My other son didn’t want Mexican food so he and the girls ate at the Liberty Inn where they ate Chicken Nuggetts.

I know these places aren’t sit down dinners, but for what they charge and for the amount of food they serve it’s HORRIBLE. I do remember enjoying the Giddy up and go when we camp at the Fort.

Those three MK restaurants are not high on my list of go to places.  Did you consider the new Be Our Guest restaurant for lunch?  Or Columbia Harbour House? Or one of the waffle sandwiches from Sleepy Hollow?  I agree with you that it is hard to find a decent hamburger in WDW.

It's been a while since I've been to the cantina in Mexico.  We have always enjoyed it there.  Sorry to hear that the quality is down.  Honestly, I don't remember them ever serving rice and beans with the meals there-at least in my memory, it's always been chips.

TCD

The only meal we ever had that totally sucked monkey butt was breakfast at CRT.

Our hot breakfast was served cold and appeared like it must have been sitting for awhile.

All of our other experiences were good.

We prepare and eat most of our meals where we are staying.

GAG is always good.

We have also had good experiences at:

*Kouzina

*Rose and Crown

*Trails End

*HDDR

*Earl of Sandwich

*Ohana Breakfast

*Sleepy Hollow

*Columbia Harbor House

*Liberty Tree Tavern

*Biergarten

*Club Cool (The Beverly drink is awesome)

*Garden Grill

*Contempo Cafe

*Chef Mickey's (Breakfast)

*All-Star Food Court

*ESPN Club

I am sure there are more but that is all I can think of.  My point is that we have only had one horrible meal that I can remember.

Sucks that the OP had so many bad experiences.

Now, had you posted your explanation with the first post, you would have a whole different thread going on.  Your experiences certainly deserve a SMB stamp on them.  We had rubber chicken at one of those places in 2010, and I still get queasy thinking about it.

...I know these places aren’t sit down dinners, but for what they charge and for the amount of food they serve it’s HORRIBLE. I do remember enjoying the Giddy up and go when we camp at the Fort.

I think MK is still lacking in really good counter service, and unfortunately you ended up hitting some of the worst of it. It's taken us a while to navigate through the sea of overpriced "meh at best" stuff and find some things that we actually enjoy.

There are a few good/new options at MK for counter service...

Columbia Harbor House has several decent, non-burger/pizza options

Waffle sandwiches and baked potatoes in Liberty Square are good

Be Our Guest (counter service at lunch only)

...ok, that might be it.  8)

But hey it could be worse... you could be trying to find good counter service at Hollywood Studios (bleeeeech!)

Oh, but I will say that when it's late and you're hungry, those corn dog nuggets at Casey seem to hit the spot!

Sorry about your bad experiences but personally we have never got a bad meal at Disney. I will have to say the grub at the HDDR is great in my opinion. I'm not usually a BBQ rib person but every time we go someone else has to drive the GC back to the MH cause I'm done for the evening.