There used to be a similar situation at WDW.  There was a group of people with lime green Mickeys who felt threatened by some folks with purple flamingos.  It got pretty ugly for a while, but eventually things settled down.  The flamingo people are still around, but no one has seen a lime Mickey in years.  

"In a lawsuit obtained by The Los Angeles Times, John Sarno, 44, the head of the Main Street Fire Station 55 club, alleges that he was threatened by the head of the White Rabbits over his club's plan to host a charity walk on the premises. 

Sarno claimed that members of the White Rabbits, including Jakob Fite threatened him by saying he would have to pay them $500 to ensure 'protection' for the people taking part in the walk. 

"If he refused, he claims Fite told him he would never get in to the park again"."

I don't know how often or what the criteria might be for banning someone from the parks but I would think naming Disney in a lawsuit would be a quick way to get banned. Therefore possibly making the "threat" come through on their own. 

So are Jen and Mo working on designs for our cut off Jean jacket vests with snarky on them?  Can we get enough fiends together to take over a monorail car for a resort bar crawl? 

11 hours ago, bhall said:

I can't believe that article wasn't on the Onion.com

I think the Daily Mail is a respected? paper in the UK.

The Daily Mail is a British daily middle-market tabloid newspaper owned by the Daily Mail and General Trust and published in London. It is the United Kingdom's second-biggest-selling daily newspaper after The Sun.Wikipedia

Then again they have a tabloid type US TV show similar to TMZ  on late in the evening.

11 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I think the Daily Mail is a respected? paper in the UK.

The Daily Mail is a British daily middle-market tabloid newspaper owned by the Daily Mail and General Trust and published in London. It is the United Kingdom's second-biggest-selling daily newspaper after The Sun.Wikipedia

Then again they have a tabloid type US TV show similar to TMZ  on late in the evening.

Don't forget that they used the LA Times as the source for this article:

They're Disneyland superfans. Why a lawsuit is alleging gangster-like tactics against one social club

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-disneyland-social-clubs-20180209-story.html?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

I am not surprised by any of this. It's California.

TCD

24 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Don't forget that they used the LA Times as the source for this article:

They're Disneyland superfans. Why a lawsuit is alleging gangster-like tactics against one social club

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-disneyland-social-clubs-20180209-story.html?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

I am not surprised by any of this. It's California.

TCD

They need Jon and Ponch to go in and bust this up.  

On 2/10/2018 at 11:29 PM, PGHFiend said:

What the hell did I just read?  That's the most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time.....I really can't believe Disey let's that go on at all. 

Wierd. 

^THIS^

Seriously... is this the plot of a bad movie?

"members of the White Rabbits, including Jakob Fite threatened him by saying he would have to pay them $500 to ensure 'protection' for the people taking part in the walk. "

The guy's name is Fite?  :cantbelieveit:

On 2/11/2018 at 12:05 AM, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

So are Jen and Mo working on designs for our cut off Jean jacket vests with snarky on them?  Can we get enough fiends together to take over a monorail car for a resort bar crawl? 

Yep.  There will be a secret handshake and after you survive the initiation of riding its a small world 37 times in a row, you will be issued your weapon - a stale churro.

Oh and I think we may have already pulled off your second question during Wild Womenz Weekend. There might even be pictures... but I can't show them to you.  B)