It's The End of the World as We Know It-The TCD Gang's Last Fort Trip (BC)

Woo hoo!  

We just recently went to our first animation class and loved it.  We will definitely be making a habit out of that.  

Sorry to see this one end.  I started reading your TRs back at the old place, and feel like I know the twins even though I've never met them.  I'm sure there will be many more trips during college and AD (after degrees).  And by the way, I think Rocky needs some Fort action.  I'd like to see some more tetherball pics.  I thought about letting my dogs try that last week, but figured we would end up with a popped ball.

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, TCD and I met in person right in line for TSM!! It was a highlight of my trip!!! I am not kidding, it truly was!!! Four weeks prior to that trip, I had been a healthy "normal" 44 year old lady. I

This thread is a weird combination of a Hallmark channel movie and a tissue commercial. I'm going to go watch monster trucks or something. Then hug my kids and forbid them to grow up.

Do my eyes deceive me? Did I actually make page 1 on a TCD report??

For the Fort, it will be a while.

For a day trip, probably not.

And, there may be some other kind of Disney trip I have up my sleeve for August.

But you will have to wait and see about that.

So, for now,

That's all I have.

TCD

Thanks for sharing. This geek really appreciates the pictures and video. 

Hopefully a day trip happens July 13-20. Sil and I would love to meet you

Andrew, great report as always. I know you will enjoy your August Expedition, you always do. We hope you will be making a quick stop at the fort for thanksgiving. We never know you...lol. I had a quick question about DHS. I have been there only a few times and have never really explored the whole park. Every time I see people post pics of the wait times board, toy story is always the longest and sometimes even more than ToT. I have never been on it, but is it similar to buzzlightyear at MK? I would think the other attractions would have a longer wait, but what do I know...lol. Once again, another end to a great masterpiece in the book of TCD

Andrew, great report as always. I know you will enjoy your August Expedition, you always do. We hope you will be making a quick stop at the fort for thanksgiving. We never know you...lol. I had a quick question about DHS. I have been there only a few times and have never really explored the whole park. Every time I see people post pics of the wait times board, toy story is always the longest and sometimes even more than ToT. I have never been on it, but is it similar to buzzlightyear at MK? I would think the other attractions would have a longer wait, but what do I know...lol. Once again, another end to a great masterpiece in the book of TCD

Toy Story is a little different than Buzz. You ride a car around to different stations/ 3d screens. Once at those screens you have an interactive game where you shoot targets that score points and can even activate bonus points and a 4-d experience such as air effects when something flies at you. You move through several stations and get to see who in you car scores the highest. 

Instead of a laser gun you have a gun where you pull the string to fire off the ammo that corresponds to the screen you are at. 

Thanks for another exciting, inspiring and enjoyable trip report+.  

We packed our youngest off for freshman year almost a year ago.  Her room was no where near as big as the one twin #2 has!  Next year she'll be in a room with a private bath---no way I'm letting her see that shower curtain!  Her future roommate is not a "Disney freak" so I guess I might be lucky!  

You never did say how much that curtain cost.  My guess is $99.95.  Hopefully they figured NO ONE would pay over $100 for a shower curtain. LOL

Congratulation on the next phase of your life.  Empty nesters.  You may start to enjoy it.

Bravo. Outstanding report, as always. This one was extra good.

Thanks, Norm.

That means a lot coming from a guy who writes a mean trip report.

Woo hoo!  

We just recently went to our first animation class and loved it.  We will definitely be making a habit out of that.  

Sorry to see this one end.  I started reading your TRs back at the old place, and feel like I know the twins even though I've never met them.  I'm sure there will be many more trips during college and AD (after degrees).  And by the way, I think Rocky needs some Fort action.  I'd like to see some more tetherball pics.  I thought about letting my dogs try that last week, but figured we would end up with a popped ball.

Awesome!  Will you be sharing photos of your drawings in your trip report?

I am a big fan of the animation class- it's inside, air conditioned, and low stress.  Plus you get a free souvenir!

You are right- I do need to take Rocky to the Fort.  I will work on that.

Thanks for sharing. This geek really appreciates the pictures and video. 

Hopefully a day trip happens July 13-20. Sil and I would love to meet you

Glad you enjoyed all the Star Wars stuff.  I hope you get to visit during a Star Wars Weekend some time.

July 13-20.  Got it.  I'll see what I can do.

:'(   It's over.  The end of an era. Very sad.  Yes, this one was extra good! 

Thanks, Gwen.

An era has indeed ended.  Hopefully the trips to WDW and the Fort have not.  The future will be different, but hopefully good.  Remember, Twin #2 is majoring in Hospitality Management, and will one day be running WDW.  Before that, there is talk of the college program, which will present some interesting opportunities for trips.

Thanks, Dave.

Toy Story is a lot like Buzz in that you ride in a car and shoot at targets.  The big difference with Toy Story is that there are huge video screens, and the game is very interactive.  Still, even I don't understand why it is so popular.  I think I obsess so much about getting Fastpasses for it merely because it is so popular.  It always has the longest wait.  Tower of Terror is pretty easy to get on any time of day with a short wait.   I really hope you get to a Star Wars Weekend next year.  That means you will need to be there for rope drop, and plan on using Fastpasses.  You will have a blast!

This one was bittersweet.  I'm glad you  and the girls had one last WDW fling before they start college.  Memories to last a lifetime.  

It's very cool that Twin 1 is up for a Dynamic Duo trip! 

Yup, bittersweet is right.

But, the next chapter for the TCD gang is going to be great.  Maybe not as much Disney, but still great.

Great job.

Thank you!

I think a TCD/Twin #1 trip would be fun.  I have a feeling that Twin #2 was the more grounded of the 3 of you.  I bet you two could get in some trouble.

You are right.  Twin #2 keeps Twin #1 in line.  I have no worries about Twin #2 doing the right thing while she is away at school.  Twin #1 is a different story.

Toy Story is a little different than Buzz. You ride a car around to different stations/ 3d screens. Once at those screens you have an interactive game where you shoot targets that score points and can even activate bonus points and a 4-d experience such as air effects when something flies at you. You move through several stations and get to see who in you car scores the highest.

Instead of a laser gun you have a gun where you pull the string to fire off the ammo that corresponds to the screen you are at.

All true.  For some reason, this equates to a really fun attraction, and guests love to ride it over and over again.

TCD

Thanks for another exciting, inspiring and enjoyable trip report+.  

We packed our youngest off for freshman year almost a year ago.  Her room was no where near as big as the one twin #2 has!  Next year she'll be in a room with a private bath---no way I'm letting her see that shower curtain!  Her future roommate is not a "Disney freak" so I guess I might be lucky!  

You never did say how much that curtain cost.  My guess is $99.95.  Hopefully they figured NO ONE would pay over $100 for a shower curtain. LOL

Congratulation on the next phase of your life.  Empty nesters.  You may start to enjoy it.

Hold the presses!

You just reminded me that we never got to the price of the shower curtain!

You are getting pretty close.

That logic that NO ONE would pay over a hundred bucks for a shower curtain sounds right.

But this is Disney.

I know one person who paid over a hundred bucks for a shower curtain.

And his initials are T-C-D.

And that is even after my generous 10% passholder discount.

So, we now know the price is north of $100.

Who will guess the correct cost?

TCD

$119.95

That's just a guess, but look at this

disney-s-art-of-animation.jpg

That's the same shower curtain right?

You know where that picture was taken?

One of the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA.

That's why you paid so much. Its one of the items they actually use in the rooms.