It's The End of the World as We Know It-The TCD Gang's Last Fort Trip (BC)

What?

Harold and the Purple Crayon?

I am going to sue!

That little creep stole my idea!

J/K

Mrs. TCD is a pre-school teacher.

I know Harold and his antics well.

If you haven't read the book you ought to. And, if I'm not mistaken, there are many sequels. Spellbinding stuff.

TCD

We will have to check it out. We average about 3 trips a week to the library. The boy used to have no interest in books but now has learned that books are a great stall tactic for bed. Little does he know i just start bedtime earlier so he still goes to bed the same time. Mom 1, Adam 0!

There was also a book called Don't let the pigeon drive the bus! If I had awesome photoshop skills, I would have loved to doctor that puppy up and post here but sadly I don't photoshop.

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, TCD and I met in person right in line for TSM!! It was a highlight of my trip!!! I am not kidding, it truly was!!! Four weeks prior to that trip, I had been a healthy "normal" 44 year old lady. I

This thread is a weird combination of a Hallmark channel movie and a tissue commercial. I'm going to go watch monster trucks or something. Then hug my kids and forbid them to grow up.

Do my eyes deceive me? Did I actually make page 1 on a TCD report??

Wow - that is a boatload of progress since we were there at the end of May!  And yes, it does seem like this attraction has been under construction for 2 years.  Oh wait... they cleared the site for this in March 2011 so....

Oh yeah and clearly the rain was seeping into people's brains if they were actually waiting in line for Stitch. 

The progress of the Mine Train construction is an interesting thing.  Each time we visit, we can see that a lot has been done.  But, we can also see how much is still unfinished.  I remember that Expedition Everest seemed to take forever to complete, but it wasn't sitting right in the middle of a park for everyone to see, so maybe this Mine Train just seems slower.

No doubt that rain has a strange effect on guests.  There was a time when people would just clear out, but that doesn't seem to happen any more.

A lot of fails there for sure, but I'm always a fan of the People Mover.  

I was hoping since you were already wet you would just play in the Casey Jr. Splash Zone.

oh well.

You know, you're right, I should have played in the splash zone.  When else would I have such a perfect opportunity.

Fail.

My youngest loved the people mover.  We rode it before the Dessert party and then he wanted to ride it again that night before we left the park.  It is his newest favorite ride.

Good for him!  The People Mover is awesome.

I love bonus material!!! 

I think it's nice that you got to do something special with Twin #1. Each summer I take one day with each kid, solo, for a mom and me day and they love it. So do I. Now if only we could make it to Disney for those days...

You're right, it is fun spending one on one time with Twin #1.  More for me than for her.

In all our years of going to MK, we got to see the "Rainy Day Parade" only once, thank goodness.  But at least they try to put on something for guests who may have this one and only visit to MK.  

You're even with me now.  I hope this was my first and last time seeing it.  But, you're right- I do give them credit for doing something for the guests.

We will have to check it out. We average about 3 trips a week to the library. The boy used to have no interest in books but now has learned that books are a great stall tactic for bed. Little does he know i just start bedtime earlier so he still goes to bed the same time. Mom 1, Adam 0!

There was also a book called Don't let the pigeon drive the bus! If I had awesome photoshop skills, I would have loved to doctor that puppy up and post here but sadly I don't photoshop.

Way to go, Mom!  Reading before bed was a big thing in the TCD home.  All of the TCD girls killed it in English class throughout school.  Keep reading to Adam- it really does make a difference.

I am not familiar with this pigeon who drives buses.  Personally, it doesn't sound like a good idea.  But, I will withhold judgment before I read the book.

Hey TCD. Brent just posted these on Facebook. 

1044864_662039555725_1515831631_n.jpg

600180_662039595645_828859421_n.jpg

It finally made it!

Thanks for sharing that, Jason.  And thanks Brent for posting the photos.  I wish I could have seen this in person!

Bam Bam Bammity Bam!

Agreed.

Oh I predict an unhappy TCD....

Yes, I'm disappointed for sure.  But, I am glad to know that the calliope finally made it back to the MK.  I wish I could have seen it myself. But, I got to see the Rainy Day Cavalcade, and the blue wagon.  So, it wasn't a total loss.

Apparently FWG and Bobby knew that TCD was coming that day and decided to prank him...  Not nice... but funny...  They probably had a garden hose running to get his pants so wet too...

Hey!

You might be right!  They got me good, too!

TCD

Love the bonus features!  Lots of good stuff can be found on Disc 2. ;D

Way to get those obnoxious teens off the sidewalk. Nicely played, Oh Wet Butted One! 

Wet Butted One?

Good one!

I agree Kim.

B-sides were good on the old 45s too.

Day-Tripper was a B-side.

I didn't know that.

You should hit the game show circuit.  The depth of your trivia knowledge is impressive.

Calliope does not SMB. 

On this we agree.

1040111_10201388602773990_1824863505_o_z

1064359_10201388601733964_1038464064_o_z

Very nice.

What day were these photos taken?

Were you there, Todd?

Was it playing?

I'd like to know that too.

I really would like to hear the calliope play.

LOOK!!!! Dave likes something!!!!

Amazing.

Very cool!

Agreed.  That's why I made the effort to go and sat through the rain on the day I went.

TCD