We are going to Disney in June.  I have reserved a golf cart.  It is $250 for 10 days.  I am really wondering if we need a golf cart.  My husband has a scooter, which he will use to go to and from places.  Then there is the bus transportation inside the fort.  Just trying to save a little money.  I know it would be cool to use a golf cart, know we would have a blast, but we are going on our first month long vacation and money is an issue at this point.

We have never been to the fort, fyi, looking for advice!

Liz

Jim is a man of few words.   :rofl2:

Need? 

Probably not.

But if you do rent one you're likely to quickly realize how fun they are and never want to be at the Fort without one again.  8)

Seriously, the internal buses will get you where you need to go, but the carts are convenient and fun if it's in the budget.

You don't need a cart. The transportation system is such that you can access the entire campground, in addition to making connections to the rest of WDW property. I have never used a golf cart in over 20 years of camping there. If you can think of something better to do with the money, I would not rent a cart.

One big question. Have you been to Disney before?  Are you planning lots of time in the parks, or spending lots of time at the Fort?

If you are spending lots of time at the parks, then you are spending a lot of money having your cart sitting in the Fort Cart parking.  If you are spending lots of time at the Fort going to the pool, trading post, Settlement area, going to other Fiends sites, looping around enjoying the campground, then a cart makes all that easier.

Will you have bikes? Are your children a good age to ride bikes around the Fort?

Just a heads up if you don't want the rental cancel in plenty of time so if sombody else wants it it will be available. Places that book hold it for you and then someone else calls and are told that there isn't any available. They go somewhere else and the original party cancels. If you give then enough time they have a cha ce of rebooking it. If u don't they loose the hance to rebook

GA Dawg/Shiny-

I have 2 nights at Topsail after our stay at the Fort (arrive next Friday!).  How is the tram to the beach and back?  Any recommendations "to do" at Topsail other than beach?  Bike the trail to beach or tram it?  Kids are 11,7,5 we will all have bikes.

Thanks!

I agree with what's been said. If having the cart means no Topsail, I'd cancel it. I'm there now. It's pretty close to heaven.

GA Dawg/Shiny-

I have 2 nights at Topsail after our stay at the Fort (arrive next Friday!). How is the tram to the beach and back? Any recommendations "to do" at Topsail other than beach? Bike the trail to beach or tram it? Kids are 11,7,5 we will all have bikes.

Thanks!

I have never been, I'm just vacation photo stalking Kelly on Facebook!

I have seen a few of the pics on Kelly's FB page. No golf cart is worth canceling Topsail!!

I'm about to post some here too. :)

GA Dawg/Shiny-

I have 2 nights at Topsail after our stay at the Fort (arrive next Friday!).  How is the tram to the beach and back?  Any recommendations "to do" at Topsail other than beach?  Bike the trail to beach or tram it?  Kids are 11,7,5 we will all have bikes.

Thanks!

If you're only here for 2 days, I'd just stick to the beach. It'd be a great way to unwind after Disney.

The tram runs on the hour, every hour until 6. We usually bike it. It's an easy bike ride. But this morning, my bike had a flat, so I took the tram. I'm going to be posting some pics in a bit and one shows the tram. If you have one of those kiddie bike trailers, bring it to take your cooler to the beach and back. If not, they rent them.

We are suppose to be in loop 300.  We are still on the fence about a cart.  My husband wants one, but I am ok with the bus and bikes.  Topsail is suppose to be amazing.  The fact that we were able to get a spot is a miracle.  We do like to check out other camp sites.  We are there for 10 days, so we can enjoy Disney at a slower pace, if there is such a thing.  What to do.  If we are going to MK, then my husband would have to ride his scooter anyway and we would be on the cart.  The only reason we would use the golf cart is for looping and the pool.  What do y'all think, I am not cancelling Top Sail, been wanting to go there forever.

I have only been twice to the Fort. The first time I did not have a cart and the second time I did. Using the buses was easy enough but you have to wait for it to come around. The cart for me was all about convenience and fun. I am renting one for next month and can't imagine not having one now. Knowing you can just hop on the cart and go, or that at the end of a long day at the parks the cart is waiting for you and you can ride back to your site is great.

That just my two cents