WDW ticket prices going up tomorrow

This price increase is nothing. The largest increase was on the one day MK ticket, at $6. Everything else increased by $1 to $3. In my opinion, if that $1 makes the difference between you having a great family vacation or sitting at home for the summer, you probably should not be vacationing in the most expensive area in the US.

And for comparison, a one day single park ticket at Universal is $92. $3 less than a MK one day, but $2 more than a ticket to any of the other 3 parks.

I did one-days a lot when I was a kid, and EPCOT admission was $18! We will probably be doing two-day passes this next trip since we will probably just go to the parks for MNSSHP and MVMCP and then two days at EPCOT for F&W. the rest of the time will be all-fort. I'll have to run the numbers and see if a longer ticket with non-expiration would be worthwhile (and feasible to buy now).

Totally OT - is there any advantage to buying passes at SoG other than the tax savings? My parents can buy them for us at SoG, but My Mrs and I are just dependents so we can't do any of the tickets that require military I'd at the gates. Thanks.

There is no real advantage in my opinion. You save the taxes. unless they get you the Military salute tickets, which are the best deal out there for any Disney ticket option. 4 days for $156 with hopper option, but that ends Sept 28th and has black outs you should check before purchasing them. The military member does have to activate them at Disney prior to use.

The stars and stripes tickets are discounted, but expire 1 day after the final use from day of purchase, example: You buy a 5 day ticket, the tickets all expire 6 days from day of purchase and can only be bought if the military member is staying at SOG or a Disney resort (military ID and room key is required to make purchase).

regular tickets are only discounted to FL resident rates. So that's what you can expect to pay for them.

I'll have to look into the Stars and Stripes a bit more. My mother will be staying with us at FW for about half our trip so she'll have both a military (spouse) ID and a room key. And she's a FL resident, too. So a couple of avenues to explore. Thanks Dave & Carol.

I'm surprised at the non-reaction from the Fiends regarding the increase.

I think the price increase stinks.  It's going to cost me $26 more per ticket which for a family of five makes a difference. For several years now the Disney tickets have cost much more than our airline tickets. I guess the only saving grace is that the kids will start working in the next few years so they will be able to buy their own admission tickets!

This price increase is nothing. The largest increase was on the one day MK ticket, at $6. Everything else increased by $1 to $3. In my opinion, if that $1 makes the difference between you having a great family vacation or sitting at home for the summer, you probably should not be vacationing in the most expensive area in the US.

And for comparison, a one day single park ticket at Universal is $92. $3 less than a MK one day, but $2 more than a ticket to any of the other 3 parks.

I may be in the minority here...but it's not just the $1-$6 increase THIS year.  It is the increases year over year over year.  And in my opinion, they are bumping up against a psychological ceiling at the moment.  A triple digit park admission will be a big deal.  I bet when they hit that threshold...probably in 2015, it will make quite a few headlines.  Will it stop people from going?  No.  But it sounds bad IMO. 

And I can't speak for everyone, but I do not intend to sit home.  I just won't give my money to Disney for a while.  The price increases over the past couple of years, coupled with the overall decline in food quality due to the DDP, got me to looking at other options, and there are other places I am interested in seeing.  I guess I don't have "the bug" like a lot of people.  I did for a long time, but Bobby's greed cured it. 

The price hikes over the past few years won't stop me from going, BUT I will choose when I buy my annual pass a lot more carefully. I do not currently have tickets. For example, I will be in the Orlando area some this month for work. In the past I would have renewed or just bought a new annual pass right then and there, so I could spend some evenings or weekends in the parks, but I am not even going to consider my ticket options until our Halloween trip, and will carefully evaluate our trips over the next year to determine if annual passes are worth it.

I may be in the minority here...but it's not just the $1-$6 increase THIS year.  It is the increases year over year over year.  And in my opinion, they are bumping up against a psychological ceiling at the moment.  A triple digit park admission will be a big deal.  I bet when they hit that threshold...probably in 2015, it will make quite a few headlines.  Will it stop people from going?  No.  But it sounds bad IMO. 

And I can't speak for everyone, but I do not intend to sit home.  I just won't give my money to Disney for a while.  The price increases over the past couple of years, coupled with the overall decline in food quality due to the DDP, got me to looking at other options, and there are other places I am interested in seeing.  I guess I don't have "the bug" like a lot of people.  I did for a long time, but Bobby's greed cured it.

I boycotted Disney for a few years awhile back. That was when they started the Premium loops at the Fort and couldn't even get their pricing straight. The result was I saved some money, we went other places and saw other things. It was good. It didn't make any difference to the Mouse, though. They have enough people brainwashed that they will continue to make big bucks. Just look at DVC. If they want an influx of money, they just build a hotel and call it a DVC resort and the cattle just start stampeding in to buy into it. What a hoax. All you get is a membership for 40 years. But every one of those DVC members will tell you they "own" part of the property. The ticket prices are going to hover below that 100 dollar mark until they have been so damn close to it that everyone is wondering why they havent done it. Remember when oil companies toyed with that dollar a gallon figure? They floated around at 98.9 and 99.9 so much it was ridiculous before they finally crossed that bridge. Everybody still bought gas. Everybody will still buy the Disney gas, too.

As a CM, I haven't been affected by the price increases, but that will probably end in the near future. Yup, this old man is getting old and driving the bus is getting a little old as well. It's coming up on five years and I'm getting annoyed with the routine. 

So when I hang it up, l'll  have to decide if I want to pay the price and I already know that I won't, except in special situations.

Thanks for the headsup.  We decided to go ahead on order our multiple-day no expiry tickets from Undercover Tourist since their prices haven't gone up yet. 

For 10-day, no expiry, hopper and water park, the increase is still pretty significant (+ $21 on the days, + $5 on the Hopper & water park and + $50 on the no expiry for a $76 increase)

Sadly, campground has increased a bit as well.