The Helmsey's spend a weekend at Cumberland Mountain State Park

As the title states, we took a trip to Cumberland Mountain State Park this weekend. I decided I was going to document a little more of our trip with pictures with hopes of having enough to do a TR here. This is my first attempt at a TR so please be gentle  :rofl3:

Start things off Friday morning, I had to work a half day. So, this left Julie at home with DD1 and DD2 trying to get thing finished up before we left. Luckily my mother (who keeps our girls) offered to stop by the house for a bit in the morning and watch the girls so Julie could get stuff done. Once I got to the house, I lugged a few last minute things in the the camper, loaded the kids up and we were on the road by 1:15.

Here we are just before departure in the church parking lot (our condo is too small to get the camper in so we use this, just across our driveway) fueled up and ready to go:

i-w7rDCLj-M.jpg

Once we got on the interstate, traffic was not bad

i-JkvTR2z-M.jpg

Here are the girls all strapped in the back seat, only DD1 visiable however

i-smL9jRx-M.jpg

Julie being mom

i-jgpdDXP-M.jpg

Me driving

i-M2VnBVv-M.jpg

We finally arrived about 2:30, I could have sworn I had a pic of the entrance, but I can't find the stupid thing. So, imagine a brown sign that says Cumberland Mountain State Park.... easy peasy.

Our site, 78 in loop 3

i-4LbCp76-M.jpg
i-ht9tjQ3-M.jpg

Camping friends 1 arrive

i-sZWmMhx-M.jpg

Camping friends 2 arrive

i-PsfJC4w-M.jpg

Camping friends 3 arrive

i-Bsph7Br-M.jpg

We have 3 other families with us, but they are in different loops so no pictures of them arriving
This is the end of Friday’s pictures, will pick up Saturday in the next post. It will have food, pool, and more friends.

Great start!  Can't wait to read more!

Thanks!

Count me in!

Looking forward to more.

I should have an update tomorrow morning :)

You're off to a great start. 

Can't wait to read the rest!

TCD

Thanks sir!

Yeah! Trip reports! Now I need to google what state cucumber mountain is in.

If you find cucumber mountain let me know  :rofl2:

Cumberland Mountain State Park is near Crossville, TN. Just a few minute off the interstate so easy in and out.

cool!  i can't wait for more!

Will have to wait until the AM

I'm in !

Welcome!

Great start to your first TR!

Thank you!

Great pics and a great start on your first TR.  :)

Looks like a nice site!

Thanks! It turned out to be a pretty good site. We normally won't book a site without seeing it but took a chance with this one and it worked out.

Cool, a new TR.

Yep.

I actually have this entire trip report typed up, so all I have to do is paste in the info for the next day :)

This will actually be a short TR as it is already 1/3 done. Tomorrow there will be more pictures, a lot of DD1 (Harper) as she is my partner in crime while Julie is taking care of DD2 (Bailey). This was only a 3 day trip so I'm doing what I can to make it interesting, and learn as I go.

If you find cucumber mountain let me know :rofl2:

Cumberland Mountain State Park is near Crossville, TN. Just a few minute off the interstate so easy in and out.

Haha! I was eating cucumbers and tomatoes when I was reading this! See?

02575773-A650-4E64-82E8-A8EB3480642E-207

The reason I have this pic is my mom is in FL and I was being a brat sending her pics of Jersey produce.

That is the crappiest attempt at a TR I've ever read. 

That was my attempt at being gentle.

I'm not very good at it.

If you want me to be honest, I'll say that I'm totally intrigued by the canoe on top of your truck and can't wait to see what you do with it.  I'm hoping it has something to do with floating.  I've tried to get my wife to let me buy a canoe/kayak but she isn't totally on board yet.  

I'm also intrigued with the number of camping friends you have.  That has to be fun to have that large of a group to camp with.

I don't have any friends.

Haha! I was eating cucumbers and tomatoes when I was reading this! See?

Ok, you are excused 

That is the crappiest attempt at a TR I've ever read. 

That was my attempt at being gentle.

I'm not very good at it.

If you want me to be honest, I'll say that I'm totally intrigued by the canoe on top of your truck and can't wait to see what you do with it.  I'm hoping it has something to do with floating.  I've tried to get my wife to let me buy a canoe/kayak but she isn't totally on board yet.  

I'm also intrigued with the number of camping friends you have.  That has to be fun to have that large of a group to camp with.

I don't have any friends.

Hmm, not sure if I should disappoint you now or later about the kayak, I think I'll wait.

It is handy to keep camping friends, we rarely camp alone. We have 9 couples that usually camp together so we always have someone to hang out with.

Great to see another Tennessean on these boards!  Welcome!  We love Cumberland Mountain and can't wait to read your report.

Thanks!

Great start!

I remember having that same mom pose when mine were little.

Can't wait to see DD2's precious face. DD1 is adorable.

You should see DD2 in this next update, coming up in just a minute or two.

Ok, lets move on to Saturday and start with some breakfast. One of the camping friends whipped up a breakfast casserole and it was fantastic. I did not think to get any pictures until it had a nice dent put in it, buy you can see it here.

i-g2MXZZ7-M.jpg

Add in a side of bacon and you officially have breakfast

i-TVkHGnq-M.jpg

Shortly after breakfast DD2 decided it was nap time. She found her favorite place to lay and sacked out for a while

i-QbdggkG-M.jpg

Of course DD1 is hamming it up (it's what she does)

i-TBpVC6c-M.jpg

After riding her "truck" it is time for a little light reading

i-QtHgjwF-M.jpg

We had to sit for a bit to digest the breakfast. It wasn't that heavy, we all just ate too much. Plus, the pool is coming up and we need that bit of rest before we swim.

i-sHtw4Ww-M.jpg

Here is a look at the kiddie pool, and the main pool at the state park. 

i-cwkmw7W-M.jpg

i-rcXm4CC-M.jpg

And here is DD1 ready to get in the water

i-jp4MDKk-M.jpg

And yet another of DD1 with her buddy Mason

i-4sLbTZH-M.jpg

All that swimming worked up an appetite, so off to the snack bar for some nachos to keep us going.

i-HFG4g5D-M.jpg

At this point, DD1 is wondering why we aren't back in the water

i-DM4rSjq-M.jpg

A couple of camping babies (ohhh, ahhh)

i-G74DGPw-M.jpg

The weather started looking less pool friendly so it was back to camp. One of our camping friends was celebrating another year on the earth and they were planning a meal for everyone. A low country boil seemed like a nice easy thing for everyone.

The cook station

i-sBHv95P-M.jpg

Food to get all boiled up and yummy

i-jmpgHJH-M.jpg
i-4bpcF6h-M.jpg
i-QVkF9HN-M.jpg
i-SQnkXCB-M.jpg

And finally, the finished product

i-n7CbNwH-M.jpg

Then this showed up, the Margaritaville Margarita maker. I have never made one with something this fancy. Turns out they were good, real good. 

i-kjX8knD-M.jpg

After that, the pics started to go down hill, I only have a couple more to share from the evening.

A little social hour (evening) around the campsite

i-QXN7vjH-M.jpg

And finally, will finish this post off with the birthday cake for the birthday fella

i-42kc7gq-M.jpg

That pretty much wraps up Saturday. We had plans to take the kayaks over to the lake and paddle around a bit, but sadly that didn't happen. The poor kayak spent the entire trip upside down on the top of my truck, sorry CKCK. I promise our next trip in 2 weeks will have kayak pictures in it.

I will do my final install of this TR Friday morning. From my notes, it will have less pictures, but I promise to have more DD pictures in it.

And finally, will finish this post off with the birthday cake for the birthday fella

i-42kc7gq-M.jpg

I was okay with this TR until we got to this picture.

I will be reading the rest of this under protest.

And I'm bummed about the kayak.

We have the expensive version of that margarita maker with extra ice holder.  It was one of the freebies from a HouseParty party.  Makes great smoothies.

Nice pool and great camping baby photos.