WBI’s DisneyWorld Babymoon

Continuing our Friday night in new Fantasyland.

We checked out the menu at Be Our Guest. There were a lot of people waiting and trying to get in there.

DSC09454.jpg

DSC09457.jpg

DSC09458.jpg

DSC09459.jpg

For some reason the signs in the circus area weren’t lit up tonight.
DSC09460.jpg

At this point we were tired of crowds so we decided to go back and enjoy our resort and watch the Fifth of July Fireworks from our Poly Beach.

On the way out I got some popcorn.

Holy delicious, I forgot how awesome the popcorn was on Main Street USA!

We hopped a boat back, then got ourselves some Poly lemonade, I forgot what its called but its special to the Poly.

Then we grabbed some towels and staked us out a nice quiet place in the grass near the Poly point.

We even made it in time for Lou’s nemesis the EWP. (don’t look Lou)

DSC09463.jpg

Before long the fireworks started, we could barely hear the music where we were but it wasn’t a big deal. They did not have the EWP there to supply extra speakers.

DSC09471.jpg

DSC09473.jpg

That’s it for Friday, up next we do rope drop at Epcot.

WBI

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree.  You and CP look nothing like Sand People.     Congrats on the new career opportunity! I wish you all the best!

Great photos!!! You got some great shots in New Fantasyland!

We are in agreement on the Citrus Swirl.  My parents and bros HAD to have one of those everytime.  I would get one knowing that it would be my only chance for a refreshement.  Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.    God as my witness!!  I'll nevah have anothah Citrus Swirl again!   ;D

Nice picture of Melvin. 

I like how there are quiet spots in the MK to grab a bite.  i've never eaten at Pecos Bills (I know), but we often go upstairs at CHH to get some quiet time.  Most people don't know or don't bother looking for a table up there. 

Regarding the line for BOG...do they let anyone in there for dinner without an ADR?

Finally, one last comment on Gainesville.  It makes me feel very old when you talk about how much has changed in the years since your first visit....in 1994.  I bet when TCD and I were in school there, you were probably.....not born.  LOL> 

Great pics of new fantasyland! I am trying not to look too closely so I can be surprised next year...

We were at DTD the 3rd and it poured! So I am sure you took umbrellas evrywhere. We also take a small umbrella to the parks for "portable shade" for DD.

Thanks for all the pics!

Great photos!!! You got some great shots in New Fantasyland!

We are in agreement on the Citrus Swirl.  My parents and bros HAD to have one of those everytime.  I would get one knowing that it would be my only chance for a refreshement.  Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.    God as my witness!!  I'll nevah have anothah Citrus Swirl again!   ;D

Thank you!

I'm glad to hear you agree with me about the citrus swirls, I won't ever have another one.

Nice picture of Melvin. 

I like how there are quiet spots in the MK to grab a bite.  i've never eaten at Pecos Bills (I know), but we often go upstairs at CHH to get some quiet time.  Most people don't know or don't bother looking for a table up there. 

Regarding the line for BOG...do they let anyone in there for dinner without an ADR?

Finally, one last comment on Gainesville.  It makes me feel very old when you talk about how much has changed in the years since your first visit....in 1994.  I bet when TCD and I were in school there, you were probably.....not born.  LOL> 

Thanks I thought you'd like Melvin.

I agree on the quiet spots, we hit the CHH also.

I don't know about the BOG but I'm sure you could always check in for cancels.

I don't want to make you feel older but my first trip there was in 2004, not 1994, lol.  I was 23 at the time though

Love the night time photos.  We also go to the less crowded spots at Peco's and CHH to sit to eat.

Thanks, yeah those spots are the best.

Being that you and I are the same age... I don't like this.   :))

lol

Great pics of new fantasyland! I am trying not to look too closely so I can be surprised next year...

We were at DTD the 3rd and it poured! So I am sure you took umbrellas evrywhere. We also take a small umbrella to the parks for "portable shade" for DD.

Thanks for all the pics!

Thanks! 

Yeah try to keep it a surprise if you can.

I believe it about the rain, we had some downpours some days.  Yes we did carry umbrellas most of the time.

I love the MK at night, the new areas especially!

Good job avoiding crowds during a busy time.

Thanks, we feel the same way, love all of MK at night!

WBI

Wow this report is taking me forever, but I’m going to try and wrap it up right now!

It’s now Saturday July 6th

This is our last full day of the trip so we wanted to make the most of it.

We walked over to the TTC and caught the Epcot Monorail our goal was to be in line before they opened.

DSC09479.jpg

We made it through the lines and fast walked straight to Soarin.

I grabbed fast passes and we hopped in line.

We had been complaining about how dirty the screen was but this time it wasn’t as bad.

They hadn’t cleaned it or anything but we were in the front all the way to the left away from the annoying things on the screen.

Then we walked over and road Finding Nemo.

DSC09481.jpg

It was very empty so we looked around a bit.
DSC09482.jpg

DSC09484.jpg

DSC09485.jpg

Then we went back and had some breakfast at Sunshine Seasons, CP said that we didn’t like the breakfast Panini last time but I couldn’t remember so I tried it again. She was right, it wasn’t too good.

Up next we rode The Land.

Nothing new or exciting there.

Then we went and rode Space Ship Earth.
DSC09486.jpg

I know some don’t like Judy but I don’t mind the ride.

At this point we headed back to the World Showcase to see some areas we hadn’t already.

We were able to ride the Three Calabreo’s with zero wait, and then we walked over to Norway.

DSC09487.jpg
CP compared bellies.

DSC09489.jpg

We decided not to ride Norway’s ride.

Then we went to China.

DSC09490.jpg

DSC09491.jpg

I always say I want one of these rice patty hats but I never buy one. Well today I was going to get one.

DSC09492.jpg

DSC09493.jpg
Don’t worry I talked myself out of it.

I mean come on they are funny but where would I use it.

And I didn’t want to carry it on our flight home.

Empty Epcot:
DSC09494.jpg

DSC09495.jpg

Up next we headed to Downtown Disney.

Back in the day pre-Annual Passes we would come here and look around and eat and go to Raglan Road at night, but with Annual Passes we didn’t do that near as much.

Now that I have to pay for daily park tickets I really didn’t like wasting to much time there.

BUT I didn’t realize this until after I wanted to head down there. My goal was to buy a CD from Raglan Road, of the guys that always play there, Creel.

First thought we had lunch at Wolfgang Pucks in the Marketplace.
DSC09496.jpg
That was my free ice cream our server brought over.

My review: The food was real good, but it was pricey. We got free ice cream but honestly I didn’t eat it, I wasn’t in the mood for it.

We stopped at the World of Disney Store, but we didn’t buy anything since we could use those receipt coupons at the parks there wasn’t any point to shop there.

We saw this truck on the walk over to Raglan Road:

DSC09497.jpg

I bought my CD at Raglan Road then we headed to the House of Blues.

DSC09498.jpg

It was very hot, I feel like it always is right here, tons of concrete and heat, no wind.

House of Blues is another one of our old hang-outs. They usually have good music and used to have great food. They have since changed the menu so I can’t vouch for it anymore, but today I was on a mission for some pictures. I won’t bore you but I wanted pictures of their New Orleans style patio area, I was thinking I really liked it but I’ve seen better ones over here that I may use as a model one day for our back yard.

Anyway we hopped bus back to the Poly and passed our favorite place on the way:

DSC09521.jpg

DSC09522.jpg

DSC09523.jpg

DSC09524.jpg

We did our typical afternoon at the pool with a drink from the Barefoot Pool bar. Then got cleaned up and hopped the resort monorail to the Contemporary.

We strolled through the Contemporary and took this obligatory picture:
DSC09525.jpg

Then we headed to the boats.

There was a huge line for the boat going to the Fort, then a boat going the opposite direction showed up.

Since it didn’t look like we’d fit the Fort Boat we hopped the other.

Then our “captain” decided to talk to everyone on the dock.

Long story short the captain was a huge slow poke who had to talk to everyone, got honked at by the MK boats waiting to dock, etc. etc.

We finally made it to the Fort though and felt home.

We decided to get a Lone Rider combo so we placed our order and looked around some:

I think this might be my next project one day, but not anytime soon.
DSC09526.jpg

DSC09527.jpg

DSC09528.jpg

DSC09529.jpg

I don’t like these new benches:
DSC09530.jpg

DSC09533.jpg

DSC09534.jpg

I'll continue in the next post.

WBI

Cont.

It's still Saturday and we're still at the Fort:

They did some work to this pressed penny machine:

DSC09535.jpg

DSC09536.jpg

Sorry I forgot to take a picture of our food but it was really good. We ate it right on the porch with no one around.

Then we looked around some more.

This bench is better:

DSC09537.jpg

We walked around the 100 loop.

DSC09542.jpg

DSC09543.jpg

Then we decided to head over to MK so we hopped a boat and were there in no time

Artsy photo:

DSC09544.jpg

Looking down mainstreet:

DSC09545.jpg

Has anyone ever seen the sword pulled out? I’ve heard it does sometimes so I always check now.

DSC09546.jpg

Sorry after this my memory is a little fuzzy, but I know we went to Monster’s Laugh Floor again:

DSC09547.jpg

Then we rode Buzz Light Year:

DSC09549.jpg

DSC09550.jpg

Then I wanted to see the Castle projected show.

But first CP wanted ice cream so we went to the Main Street Ice Cream Parlor, she got a chocolate chip cookie sandwich with mint chip ice cream, interesting combo.

I opted for a chilly dog from Casey’s.

The crowds were horrible at both places and the parade passing through didn’t help.

DSC09551.jpg

Halfway through the castle show we decided to leave, we couldn’t really see it anyway.

We hopped a boat back to the Poly and watched the fireworks once again from the beach.

I have to say being able to leave the crowds that easily was great!

DSC09553.jpg

Ok that’s all for Saturday, up next our last day.

WBI

Sunday morning we woke up but didn’t rush. We packed up some of our stuff and wheeled our checked bags out to the airline check-in.

Dropping them off like this we wouldn’t see them again until we arrived back in our home airport, that is awesome!
Check-in was easy then we hit Captain Cooke’s for breakfast I had a Danish and CP had more Tonga Toast! It was good here too!

We headed back to our room to do our final packing.

I snapped this pic:

DSC09554.jpg
We loaded up our carryon bags and I dropped them at the bell desk.

Then we hopped a monorail to MK.

DSC09556.jpg

DSC09557.jpg
Here’s baby WBI meeting his fairy godmother:

DSC09558.jpg

DSC09559.jpg

Then we road Under the Sea with no wait:
DSC09561.jpg

DSC09562.jpg

DSC09563.jpg

Again after that the details are a little fuzzy but we walked around soaking in the magic as much as possible.

Then we headed to the Columbia Harbor House for some lunch, we split the fish and chips and sat upstairs relaxing in the quiet.

DSC09566.jpg

DSC09567.jpg

Then we saw Mickey’s PhilharMagic, we love that show:
DSC09571.jpg

More walking around:

DSC09573.jpg
Then we got one of CP’s favorites, a spicy Chicken Waffle Sandwich, it was really good and messy.

Then I had to get a Bootcup!

DSC09574.jpg

DSC09575.jpg

I had wanted one of these cups from when I first saw it, I had one as a kid and seeing this one brought back those good memories. The root slush was ok, just like a Coke Icee but with root beer, I would have rather a root beer float.

As our time wound down we did some more walking around and got a couple souvinears.

We tried to enjoy MK as much as we could not knowing when we would be back.

DSC09576.jpg

DSC09577.jpg

DSC09578.jpg

DSC09579.jpg

DSC09580.jpg

DSC09581.jpg

DSC09582.jpg

DSC09583.jpg

DSC09584.jpg

DSC09585.jpg

DSC09586.jpg

DSC09588.jpg

CP really likes looking around the Confectionary.

DSC09589.jpg

DSC09591.jpg

On the way out I couldn’t pass up the popcorn, I really found out how much I love the Disney popcorn this trip.

Pure happiness:

DSC09592.jpg

CP saying good bye:

DSC09593.jpg

I call this “happiness waiting for a monorail”

DSC09594.jpg

Here’s the monorail:

DSC09595.jpg

Sadly that’s my last picture of the trip.

After that we rode the monorail back to the poly,

Edit: I messed up here.

When we got to the Poly we got our bags, refilled our mugs and then changed into our swim suits so we could enjoy the quiet pool one more time.

We relaxed at the pool until it was time for the Magic Express.

The ME took us straight to the airport, no stops at other resorts.

We were already checked in so we looked around, and then saw the huge line for security so we got it line early.

After making our way through security that’s about it.

I continued eating my MK popcorn on my next flight then sadly like this trip and trip report it was over, no more.

Thanks for reading everyone. I'm going to have one more post later on with a few thoughts on the resort and our trip.

WBI

Congratulations on your expected arrival.  Sounds like he will be a Christmas baby.  Babies are such fun.  Enjoy the pregnancy and all that it brings with it.  This is a very special time for all of you.  The years ahead will pass much too quickly so enjoy each and every minute with your little one.  God Bless You All.   :heartsmiley:

I just started this TR and you ended it. Congratulations on your baby boy. Great TR it looked like a great way to spend a few of your child free days.

th_IMG_0969.jpg

We used this monkey leash we bought at Walmart.  It was cute and made me feel safer.  We could tuck the strap in when not needed.

We too had the monkey backpack leash. I would let DD hold her "tail" when I didn't need to worry about her. I used I mostly for going to yard sales and craft fairs. So I knew where she was while I was looking away from her. She loved holding her tail for me. Lol

That root beer lasted you a long time. Nice report. Now that your having a baby time to buy a camper and drive from LA to Disney. Nothing like a crying baby while pulling a 36' camper down I-10. Congrats again on the baby there a lot of fun.

That root beer lasted you a long time. Nice report. Now that your having a baby time to buy a camper and drive from LA to Disney. Nothing like a crying baby while pulling a 36' camper down I-10. Congrats again on the baby there a lot of fun.

Way to finish strong, Nick!

Regarding the sword in the stone- yes it does move.  What I have seen is a kid being able to pull the sword up, but not completely out of the stone.   When it is operating, there is a CM nearby with a remote device controlling it.  I have only seen it happen during the day, and not very often.

I wish you all the best with the new addition to your family.  I hope you post some photo when the new Fiend arrives.

TCD

Outstanding trip report and great pictures.

I'm a little behind, but wanted to comment on one of my favorite ride clusters that you stumbled upon. In no particular order, the peoplemover, the train, and the boat. I refer to this as my "smell the roses" cluster. You have no choice but to sit back and appreciate the fact of where you are and what you're doing.

Side note: I have never been lucky enough to pull the sword. The kids get a big giggle each time. I have a 400lb bench press and have dead lifted 500+ lbs, so you can imagine how much fun they have ribbing me. :)