Aloha! GaDawgFan turns a convention into a week-long stay at the Poly

You couldn't get us more bad weather pics?

I like watching bad weather for whatever reason.

I need to try a Lapu Lapu. 

Z looks like he was enjoying himself as always.

Looking forward to pictures of rope dropping.

That's my only one. Sorry. It was REALLY bad, and thundering/lightning like crazy. I highly recommend the Lapu Lapu. It makes you Happy Happy!

Thanks for the update!  Z is so cute!!  And I love how each of you "had a friend" on the trip. 

Those downpours are crazy.  We were at DTD on the 3rd and had to run for cover.  We are usually a "keep going" group too, but we had to hide in Ragland Road for a while.

Good job on the Kona ADR (and the fruity drink)!  I have not eaten there but would love to try it!  I bet the kids LOVED the ice cream sundae! :yay:

Yes, we were only a group of 6 for the beginning of the trip, but we had a BLAST together. There was no going in that rain. Apparently that was the evening a small tornado hit the MK. I believe it because there were branches everywhere.

Has anyone warned him?

I am throwing the BS flag.

A South Jersey sub?

No such thing.

That was a hoagie.

TCD

About Tebow, someone probably needs to warn him. At one point, Mom had a picture of my little brother and him together as the wallpaper of the laptop I BOUGHT HER. Yeah, I fixed that quickly.

Pick up your BS flag.

http://whitehousesubshop.net/

http://dinosofmargate.com/

http://atlanticcitysubshops.com/

In the Atlantic City area, they are subs. And now I need to quit talking about this because it will end up costing me $200 to have a box shipped here. I'm hungry.

Props to you for having mom bring a sandwich from Jersey!!

They are THE BEST!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s time to start my trip report, while I still remember what happened! Shortly after returning from our April trip, I started entertaining the idea of coming back to Disney for a conference that my

You're right...that was my fault.  Maybe it will become like Godwin's Law and Hitler references....we could have Aaron's Law, which states that bringing Weiner into the discussion is the ultimate hija

I am proud of you for allowing Z to pose with a Gator.     Twin #1 wanted to go to MK to meet Louis.  I can't remember why we couldn't go- but that Limited Time magic fell some time when we couldn't.

About Tebow, someone probably needs to warn him. At one point, Mom had a picture of my little brother and him together as the wallpaper of the laptop I BOUGHT HER. Yeah, I fixed that quickly.

Where/when did you little brother get a photo with Tebow?

I hope your mom figures out her technology so she can get that photo back where it belongs.

If I were your mom, I wouldn't have brought you a hoagie to teach you a lesson for deleting my Tebow photo.

Pick up your BS flag.

http://whitehousesubshop.net/

http://dinosofmargate.com/

http://atlanticcitysubshops.com/

In the Atlantic City area, they are subs. And now I need to quit talking about this because it will end up costing me $200 to have a box shipped here. I'm hungry.

They are THE BEST!

OK, I picked up the flag, but they're still hoagies.  Those shops are clearly owned by a bunch of New York types.

So, which one of those places did you drop $200 on?

I am in that area from time to time, and may want to stop by and see if they're really as good as you say.

TCD

We woke up early to make AK rope drop. We followed Lou’s advice and stayed off the buses because our friends had a car. I’m not sure why, but some of the new Mickey readers at the entrance were covered. We got the pleasure of fully witnessing how most people can’t figure out how to tap and put their finger on the reader. Of course, the finger thing has been stumping people for years no matter how many times the poor CMs tell them to use the same finger every time.

We got stopped at the tree of life. It was a cloudy morning.

IMG_0137.jpg

I don’t have a picture of the rope, but there was one.

We headed straight to the safari and pretty much walked on.

I always hit the safari in the morning, but on this particular morning there were more animals than I’ve ever seen.

IMG_0140.jpg

Blurry but cute

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

We got to see 2 different kinds of giraffes.

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

Baby elephant!

IMG_0155.jpg

Great view of the male lion, there were actually 3 lions visible.

IMG_0160.jpg

See how this female is really interested in something? Any idea what it is?

IMG_0163.jpg

These guys.

IMG_0164.jpg

I think they were kind of teasing her. Jerks.

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

After the safari, Mom and I hit Everest. The other adults weren’t interested in riding, so mom and I just walked on and didn’t worry about the swap pass. Usually I would have gotten one, so I could ride again later, but I knew we’d be leaving after lunch because we had a surprise for the grandmas.

Next we went to Kali. I don’t usually ride this because I don’t like to get wet on rides, but I decided we’d do it anyway. And wear ponchos.

Guess who else is apparently not a fan of getting wet on rides?

IMG_0184.jpg

Can you believe my daredevil is upset? He loves thrill rides, so I was surprised. Oh well, here we go!

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

After riding, he decided that it was awesome. He thought it was especially funny when the adults would get soaked. This ride was also my first encounter with a Brazilian tour group. I didn’t realize they’re all teens. And wow, there are a lot of them.

Ugh! I’m cut off sooner than I thought I would be. It’s time to take DD for her wisdom teeth consult. Neither of us are excited about that. More later!

So was there any kind of pre-opening show- or just the rope?

You did get some good safari photos.  You mention a female lion.  I don't see that one.  Is there a photo missing?

I guess you've never been in the summer before if this was your first BTG encounter.

Hope all goes well with the wisdom teeth consult.  We thought we had dodged that bullet, but our oldest had hers extracted during a school break earlier this year.  She did well.  But it cost a lot more than I thought it would.

TCD

Wet Butt SMB.  But I hate wet socks and shoes more.  My family laughs at me because I take my socks off.  This way I only have to stuff paper towels in my shoes and put on dry socks and I'm good to go.

Love everyone having a friend.

Where/when did you little brother get a photo with Tebow?

I hope your mom figures out her technology so she can get that photo back where it belongs.

If I were your mom, I wouldn't have brought you a hoagie to teach you a lesson for deleting my Tebow photo.

OK, I picked up the flag, but they're still hoagies.  Those shops are clearly owned by a bunch of New York types.

So, which one of those places did you drop $200 on?

I am in that area from time to time, and may want to stop by and see if they're really as good as you say.

TCD

He got the picture when Tebow came to Atlantic City for some award thing. And then my mom defaced her computer with it. I fixed that by changing it to Z and me at a Georgia game. I bought the computer, so I get to be the background.

I didn't spend the $200 yet. But I probably will for Jason's birthday. He would love it. He's already mad I got one on the trip and he missed out because he wasn't there. I recommend White House Subs. The original location is better than the one in the Taj, but is always busy. The cheesesteaks are to die for, but I obviously can't get those shipped. And no, they're not that nasty Cheez-wiz stuff. Don't order a whole unless you're really hungry. They're about 2 feet long. Dinos is also good and there's one off the island if that makes it easier for you. My dad worked at the original in Margate.

Hoagies!

Sorry, you are wrong. See the evidence I presented TCD.

So was there any kind of pre-opening show- or just the rope?

You did get some good safari photos.  You mention a female lion.  I don't see that one.  Is there a photo missing?

I guess you've never been in the summer before if this was your first BTG encounter.

Hope all goes well with the wisdom teeth consult.  We thought we had dodged that bullet, but our oldest had hers extracted during a school break earlier this year.  She did well.  But it cost a lot more than I thought it would.

TCD

There was no show, just a rope.

I fixed the lion photo. Look back. It's worth it. She was hungry.

I went all the time in the summer when I lived there as a kid, but I don't remember them. Maybe they didn't exist yet. Weirdly, I don't remember them from our July trip 4 years ago, but I had recently had Z, so maybe I had new mommy brain. We only went into the parks a couple of days that trip.

I did not see a lioness either.

Z knows better.  Nobody likes the smell of a drenched Bulldog!

Looking forward to more after a hopefully easy consult.

I fixed it now, sorry! Z was really upset about the water. Funny because he loves swimming.

Count me on team I don't like getting wet. I can't stand walking around with a wet butt. I'm no TCD :)

Agreed. Wet Butt SMB for sure.

Wet Butt SMB.  But I hate wet socks and shoes more.  My family laughs at me because I take my socks off.  This way I only have to stuff paper towels in my shoes and put on dry socks and I'm good to go.

Love everyone having a friend.

I wore flip flops. :) Reef flip flops rock! The Fanning style are comfortable to tour Disney all day.

Fun stuff!  Poor Z - didn't want to get wet!

I am on team "who cares just get wet".  But I usually dress to get wet.  Board (quickly drying) shorts, sports bra, etc.  I am a fan of my Teva Kirra's too because I really do LOATHE wearing wet tennis shoes.

I am also anti-poncho, though.  The last thing I want to do when I'm hot is wrap myself in plastic.  I know, I'm the oddball here.

Great pics!  And yes, your blurry IS cute!  Don't you hate it when those super-cute ones are fuzzy?

Can't wait to hear what the surprise for the grandmas is!!!

So did you actually attend the convention or just bail on it and do Disney? I know what I would have done.

It must feel nice to get a good discount on a nice resort. We stayed at the WL on our honeymoon in 2000. I think we paid around $300 a night. I would have a real hard time paying the rack rates today. 

That rain looked like a full on deluge.

They were across from the lions. That female lion is watching them intently, wishing she could eat.

Veeeeery interesting.  I have not heard anything about this - official or otherwise. The area around the lions typically had rhinos.  Wonder where they moved those to?

Does seem like a big ol' tease for the lions.  Then again, maybe this is Disney's way of getting them out and about for people to see instead of napping behind rocks all day.  8)

Fun stuff!  Poor Z - didn't want to get wet!

I am on team "who cares just get wet".  But I usually dress to get wet.  Board (quickly drying) shorts, sports bra, etc.  I am a fan of my Teva Kirra's too because I really do LOATHE wearing wet tennis shoes.

I am also anti-poncho, though.  The last thing I want to do when I'm hot is wrap myself in plastic.  I know, I'm the oddball here.

Great pics!  And yes, your blurry IS cute!  Don't you hate it when those super-cute ones are fuzzy?

Can't wait to hear what the surprise for the grandmas is!!!

I get being anti-poncho. I put it on at the last minute. And I wore quick drying pants because I know some get soaked on this ride. It was fun to ride with a waterproof camera! Next time I want Z across from me.

So did you actually attend the convention or just bail on it and do Disney? I know what I would have done.

It must feel nice to get a good discount on a nice resort. We stayed at the WL on our honeymoon in 2000. I think we paid around $300 a night. I would have a real hard time paying the rack rates today. 

That rain looked like a full on deluge.

I actually went to the conference because I seriously needed some of the sessions. But, as a returning doctoral student, my needs were very specialized and just on 3 days, and we stayed 7 nights. The last time I went I was super busy for 5 days. This time I was basically meeting one-on-one with my dissertation chair and other folks instead of big sessions.

The rain was crazy, and it rained like that at some point every day. I guess that's summer in FL though!

Veeeeery interesting.  I have not heard anything about this - official or otherwise. The area around the lions typically had rhinos.  Wonder where they moved those to?

Does seem like a big ol' tease for the lions.  Then again, maybe this is Disney's way of getting them out and about for people to see instead of napping behind rocks all day.  8)

We did see rhinos, but I don't remember where. I think that's exactly what Disney is doing. I commented to my mom that I didn't remember zebras ever being nearby before this time. Maybe that's why we saw 3 lions!

I am not against getting wet. 

This is a family website, so I'm not commenting on that.

I am not against getting wet. 

This is a family website, so I'm not commenting on that.

I actually meant that in the family-friendly get-soaked-on-rides way.  Unless it's freezing out, I don't mind getting wet on Kali or Splash Mtn.  But I'm also one who enjoys running in the rain.  I just figured that you would appreciate learning something else at Disney that I am not against.  LOL. 

And here I thought only us weirdos in Pittsburgh called them Hoagies! Nice to know we're not alone. 

The Poly is beautiful! When we went to 'Ohana last September, we all agreed we'd like to stay there someday. Of course, I say that at each resort I go to. But that

view from your balcony is amazing! 

I don't mind getting wet (on the rides) or in the rain. It's just that if you end up going inside afterwards you end up freezing!!

Can't wait for more!

My parents are from the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area of PA.  We always called them hoagies.  Subs were a NY thing and made completely different.  New Yorkers don't know how to slice their onions correctly.

I thought the zebras had been out in that area, just shy. I'm fairly sure I remember bad zebra jokes from the guides.

Oh, and I'm on a TR commenting roll tonight. Great report. The poly looks great since the rehab.

We were lucky to get no bad jokes on our safari. I was worried about that. I was never in a Poly room before, but based on the pictures I saw, I think the rehab was a big improvement.

Great lion pictures!  We've never been able to see them very well.  Also happy to see the zebras back out.

Thanks! I never had seen the lions that well either. In fact, I'm not sure I'd ever seen a female there at all.

I actually meant that in the family-friendly get-soaked-on-rides way.  Unless it's freezing out, I don't mind getting wet on Kali or Splash Mtn.  But I'm also one who enjoys running in the rain.  I just figured that you would appreciate learning something else at Disney that I am not against.  LOL. 

Sorry, I think I had just read some of your comments elsewhere, so my mind was in the gutter. And YAY!!!! You like something!

Thanks for adding the lioness photo. Very good! I've never seen the lions that active.

If your photos are in order, then you saw the rhinos after the warthog, which is right near the end.

I wonder if they have the rhinos out where the zebras were most recently?

TCD

Yes, the photos are in order. I bet you are right.

And here I thought only us weirdos in Pittsburgh called them Hoagies! Nice to know we're not alone. 

The Poly is beautiful! When we went to 'Ohana last September, we all agreed we'd like to stay there someday. Of course, I say that at each resort I go to. But that

view from your balcony is amazing! 

I don't mind getting wet (on the rides) or in the rain. It's just that if you end up going inside afterwards you end up freezing!!

Can't wait for more!

You are a weirdo! We loved the view, and it was considered a standard view since we couldn't see the lake or MK. An MK view would be cool for firework viewing, but it's a good bit more money.

Your all weirdos. Everyone knows they are grinders. :D

Nope, you are the weirdest.

My parents are from the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area of PA.  We always called them hoagies.  Subs were a NY thing and made completely different.  New Yorkers don't know how to slice their onions correctly.

Hmmmm..... I wasn't aware there was a correct way. Enlighten me.

OK, writing the update now..... Stay tuned......