Aloha! GaDawgFan turns a convention into a week-long stay at the Poly

It was time to ride Z’s favorite ride in all of Disney. He decided it would be prudent to take his hat off, so we did.

You know what I absolutely love? The moment BTMRR speeds up, Z throws his hands in the air. I wish I could capture it on camera, but I haven’t figured out a way. The people behind us were cracking up and cheering him on. Because basically, he’s so small that they could only see his hands. Oh, and he starts chanting… “Put your hands up! Put your hands up!” before the ride starts. I just love it!

IMG_2640.jpg

Next Mom had to shop. This was a common theme during the trip. And she doesn’t just quickly browse through. She takes her time. Z was ready for a nap and not happy about shopping, but Grammy was busy, so I walked outside.

I heard every Fiends’ favorite parade was about to start, so I parked Z’s stroller on the curb next to a trash can, figuring that mom could stand behind the trash can if she ever came out. Now I will say, that we weren’t there long before the parade started, but I did intentionally park Z’s stroller wheel on the curb because he was tired and needed to be able to just watch from there.

And then it happened.

You know what right? Just before the parade started, a family of about 8 tried to stand in the street right in front of us and totally blocked Z’s view. I tapped them on the shoulders and let them know that wasn’t happening, but they could stand behind me because I was there first. And I’ll just say I wasn’t really nice about it either.

So those folks moved out of my way. I meant business. But they did stand where I was hoping my mom could sneak in. And guess what the lady took pictures with????

IMG_2643.jpg

You can see I’m not amused. And yep! No manners or sense.

Parade pics! And Mom ended up shopping for most of it, so it didn’t matter that she didn’t have a spot.

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_2644.jpg

IMG_2645.jpg

After the parade, we headed out for nap time. No pictures of that. And actually, I didn’t get to nap (but I wanted to). I went to a format review for my dissertation proposal. Fun! I did find out that all my issues are small, and I likely won’t have to hire an independent format editor. Yay for that.

Fast forward to dinner, and we’re back to the MK to eat at Tony’s. I’ve heard bad things about it, but Mom said she liked it.

Before being seated, I did a FP run for Buzz and Mickey. You know Mickey isn’t connected to the FP system, so you can pull it even when you’re holding another FP, right? If not, oh well, that’s not going to matter soon.

We were seated at Tony’s.

IMG_2646.jpg

Our waitress never brought our bread, and we asked for it but saw a ton of people get it before us. Booooo.

I got the chicken parm. It was OK. I like melted cheese better.

IMG_2647.jpg

After dinner, it was time to meet Mickey. We had a FP, but the wait was pretty short anyway. Even still, we got rushed through by probably the rudest FP photographer I’ve ever had.

I didn’t dare ask for him to use my camera, so I have no pictures of that until I get my photopass CD. The ones of Z are cute, but he didn’t take time with the family ones to make sure everyone was looking. That made me a little irritated because it wasn’t like there was a 30 minute wait.

Then we were onto Buzz.

I tried to use some point skills, but the first gun in my car wasn’t working at all. I finally switched to the other gun (Mom and Z were together, so I was alone), but by that time, I’d missed most of the ones I remembered I needed. FAIL.

But the pic of Mom and Z is funny.

IMG_2648.jpg

She’s into it. He’s not even looking at what he’s doing.

Next we pulled some FPs for Dumbo and Barnstormer…. Because you know you can pull them at the same time, right?

Oh and while we were waiting, we shopped some more.

IMG_2650.jpg

Maybe they should sell cinnamon rolls here.

IMG_2651.jpg

We still had time to kill, so it was time for the teacups. Mom said she’d throw up, so it was just Z and me.

IMG_2652.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

We rode Barnstormer, and Z wanted to know why it wasn’t longer. Sorry.

Then Dumbo.

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

After that, we used all the secret paths and exits I know to get out before the MSEP. I had to be up EARLY in the morning for the conference. We almost had a meltdown over a Mickey balloon, OK we actually did have one, but I was able to backtrack onto Main Street and get one, no thanks to the CM in the behind the scenes exit who had a whole handful and wouldn’t sell one to us. I get it’s policy, but at 4, Z totally understood the logic (yeah right!).

Tomorrow is a non-park day where a very special Fiend makes an appearance. And we finally make it over to the Fort!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s time to start my trip report, while I still remember what happened! Shortly after returning from our April trip, I started entertaining the idea of coming back to Disney for a conference that my

You're right...that was my fault.  Maybe it will become like Godwin's Law and Hitler references....we could have Aaron's Law, which states that bringing Weiner into the discussion is the ultimate hija

I am proud of you for allowing Z to pose with a Gator.     Twin #1 wanted to go to MK to meet Louis.  I can't remember why we couldn't go- but that Limited Time magic fell some time when we couldn't.

Can't believe that lady wanted to cut in front of you and then hold up a freakin' clipboard to take pictures with.  People never cease to amaze me...

Enjoyed the ride pictures!  Buzz is one of DD's favorites.  I will definitely have to pick your brain about secret pathways and exits for our next trip.

Glad to hear all is going well with your dissertation! 

About the kid clubs. We used 2 our last trip, the cubs den at the wilderness lodge and the one at Beach club. The Cubs den is small but the staff was great. The beach clubs one is larger and while not themed like Neverland Club, it was nice and DD loved it. She still talks about the clubs and makes sure we know thatmwe can drop her off if we go again, she wouldn't mind at all. She was 5 at the time and worth the price when Mommy and Daddy wanted to eat a peaceful meal. DD wouldnt have like the food at Cape May Cafe so it was a great deal for us. The Sand castle club was also wonderful. Since DD had dislocated her elbow on the trip the were helpful to her getting the princess dresses on and off over the cast.

We were told that the cast members have to turn down the tip 3 times before they can take it at the clubs...just a FYI.

Awesome update!!!  Oh by the way, Microsoft Word desktop publishing and formatting is my specialty if you need somebody to take a look at your dissertation :)

We need to talk. Most of my editing issues are specific to my school's rules, but I'm having a problem with preliminary pages and pagination that you can probably help with. And of course, if you want to learn the whole style book..... well, you probably have a life....

I enjoy Tony's Town Square...for the location.  The food is "eh", and if I went to a local Italian joint and got that food I'd never go back.  For me, it's mainly the sauce.  Tastes like it came from a jar.  Which I'm sure it did.  A really, really; big jar. 

Not bad food. Just OK. Nice view, but crappy service Probably will go back before I die. .

Rude family with IPad lady SMBP.

Its good to hear you are hitting the home stretch on your dissertation and that Carol may be able to help you out!

Put your hands up!

Put your hands UP!!!! Wish you could hear Z do it. SO funny!!!!!

Yes. And I'm enjoying every word of your trip report!

The Troll is back!!!! yay!!!!

Can't believe that lady wanted to cut in front of you and then hold up a freakin' clipboard to take pictures with.  People never cease to amaze me...

Enjoyed the ride pictures!  Buzz is one of DD's favorites.  I will definitely have to pick your brain about secret pathways and exits for our next trip.

Glad to hear all is going well with your dissertation! 

I am more than willing to share my "get the hell out" plan with you! I might even get fancy with a purple crayon.

To quote TCD and Beckers it's hoagies. Atlantic city is the only place you find "subs" because Atlantic city is where all the out of staters go.

Hmmmmmm...... That's just where my family lives, and they taste the best there, so I vote they can decide on the name. SUBS!!!!!

Ah, Jason my dear, in NJ grinders are toasted HOAGIES!!!

Nope Nope

Awesomely adorable Pirate! Love the pics from the makeover! I have to close my eyes and scream to ride BTMR so kudos to Z for being so brave!

Hands up!

About the kid clubs. We used 2 our last trip, the cubs den at the wilderness lodge and the one at Beach club. The Cubs den is small but the staff was great. The beach clubs one is larger and while not themed like Neverland Club, it was nice and DD loved it. She still talks about the clubs and makes sure we know thatmwe can drop her off if we go again, she wouldn't mind at all. She was 5 at the time and worth the price when Mommy and Daddy wanted to eat a peaceful meal. DD wouldnt have like the food at Cape May Cafe so it was a great deal for us. The Sand castle club was also wonderful. Since DD had dislocated her elbow on the trip the were helpful to her getting the princess dresses on and off over the cast.

We were told that the cast members have to turn down the tip 3 times before they can take it at the clubs...just a FYI.

That was our first one but it was a great experience!

We need to talk. Most of my editing issues are specific to my school's rules, but I'm having a problem with preliminary pages and pagination that you can probably help with. And of course, if you want to learn the whole style book..... well, you probably have a life....

Yeah, now actual editing is not something I do, but the pagination thing is quite simple, it's all in page breaks, section breaks, and in header/footer commands.  It CAN be confusing though.  One thing you do need to do is everytime you have a section break "disconnect" it from previous sections and sections afterwards.  I'm guessing you want your cover to NOT have a page number, your table of contents, list of figures, etc, to have i, ii, iii, etc., and the body of your document start with page 1., then your glossary and list of references at the end to start over with new page numbers :)

Sorry folks, work is in the way of my writing, but I'm going to try to get an update in tonight.

In the mean time, TCD, how is the collection going for Dave? Do we get to pick the costume. There's a cute pirate princess one he'd look great in.

Where I'm from a grinder is a service offered at the establishments behind the airport. 

This is an example of why you didn't win the shirt....

Or what you put venison meat through while processing.

Good point.

I'll have to go to our favorite Grinder shop and get one to take a picture of for all of you. 

I still can't get used to a sub being called a grinder. Do you have Subway there?

Yeah, now actual editing is not something I do, but the pagination thing is quite simple, it's all in page breaks, section breaks, and in header/footer commands.  It CAN be confusing though.  One thing you do need to do is everytime you have a section break "disconnect" it from previous sections and sections afterwards.  I'm guessing you want your cover to NOT have a page number, your table of contents, list of figures, etc, to have i, ii, iii, etc., and the body of your document start with page 1., then your glossary and list of references at the end to start over with new page numbers :)

Yes, my preliminary pages need those Roman numerals in the center bottom and the rest of the document needs regular numbers in the top left. My references just continue the same numbering.

This is a family website. 

Aren't we usually saying that to YOU?

I still can't get used to a sub being called a grinder. Do you have Subway there?

We do have subway but no self respecting person wastes money on bread with no fillings...Wait till you see our favorite places grinders. I think I just figured out dinner tonight.

We do have subway but no self respecting person wastes money on bread with no fillings...Wait till you see our favorite places grinders. I think I just figured out dinner tonight.

Bread with no fillings???  You haven't visited our local Subway!

I'm with you Jason. Subway is yucky. The smell is enough to gag me.

Bread with no fillings???  You haven't visited our local Subway!

I'm no Subway fan either.  The bread is all fluff, they skimp on the meat and cheese, and did I mention the bread is all fluff?  Give me a good, chewy, awesome SUB roll, and load it up. 

Jason....there better be pics of dinner. 

On my way now and even brought the point and shoot

Subway is pretty gross. I worked there for a year. You get yelled at if you put too much meat on the subs. Or at least you did then. That's why they're $5 a foot long, or 11 inches if you've seen the lawsuit.