Aloha! GaDawgFan turns a convention into a week-long stay at the Poly

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s time to start my trip report, while I still remember what happened! Shortly after returning from our April trip, I started entertaining the idea of coming back to Disney for a conference that my

You're right...that was my fault.  Maybe it will become like Godwin's Law and Hitler references....we could have Aaron's Law, which states that bringing Weiner into the discussion is the ultimate hija

I am proud of you for allowing Z to pose with a Gator.     Twin #1 wanted to go to MK to meet Louis.  I can't remember why we couldn't go- but that Limited Time magic fell some time when we couldn't.

Sorry for such a bad ending to a wonderful trip.

Looking forward to the PhotoPass photos.

Can never have enough Z.

Yeah, at the time, I was REALLY mad, probably because I was REALLY tired. I didn't get home until after 1 AM. But, it was a great trip. If I knew that would happen, I'd still do the trip again.

Bravo!

Great report!

Sorry about the lost/damaged bag.  But if that's the biggest thing that went wrong on your trip, you really can't complain.

I'm glad this report isn't really over.  I'll bet there will be some great photopass pictures.

TCD

Exactly, the trip was worth the last bag. What really made me mad at the time was how the Airtrain people talked to me. Oh well. I won't fly them anymore. No big deal since Delta matches most of their sales out of Atlanta.

There are some GREAT photopass pictures. Some of the candids should convince people photopass is an awesome service, especially for folks with young kids.  

I enjoyed the behind the seeds tour photos.

Sorry about your bad flight experience on the way home.

Looking forward to the bonus pics!

It was a cool tour!

Great report!!! Can't wait for the photo pass pics! Should we be blaming Jason for the delay on your cd arrival?!? :)

Hmmmm....... you might be onto something. Or we could blame the Fiends that camped with him this weekend.

great report! 

Looking forward to the photopass pics. 

That flight home sounds crummy.  Airtran SMB.  Southwest will get them in shape.

AirTrain does SMB. I'm still mad at them, but oh well.

Awesome report!

Bring on the photo pass pictures!

Here they come!

Sorry you had a bad experience on your flight home.

Still really enjoying your TR and looking forward to your PP pictures.

I'm so excited the pictures are here!

Love the pics from the seeds tour. I think we will do that next year. So is Lilo only there at breakfast? DD loves her...

Z looks like he had a great time! Can't wait for the bonus pics!

Yes, breakfast is Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto.

Here come the first set of pictures!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, so all of what I'm posting now is from PhotoPass.

First up is Pocahontas. She has long hair, so Z thinks she's a hottie, and this was his first time ever meeting her. You can tell he's nervous.

Photo0539FourBySix.jpg

Photo0542FourBySix.jpg

Photo0540FourBySix.jpg

Photo0541FourBySix.jpg

Photo0543FourBySix.jpg

Photo0545FourBySix.jpg

Photo0546FourBySix.jpg

Photo0549FourBySix.jpg

Next up is King Louie and Baloo.

I love the candids they do.

Photo0554FourBySix.jpg

Photo0556FourBySix.jpg

Photo0565FourBySix.jpg

After that, we met Chip n Dale, but they deserve their own post because they were the best characters of the trip! Maybe they could tell we're Fort people. If that series of pics doesn't convince you that PhotoPass is an awesome product, nothing will!

Awesome trip report. Thanks for the behind the seeds tour. We will be taking it. Lots of info here. Thanks

I really recommend it. We enjoyed it, and it's pretty reasonable.

That was a great start to the bonus features!

The best series is the next one.

Did she tickle him?  That one photos sure does look like it.  I love his expressions.

She sure did! He loved it.

I like Pocahontas. 

Z does too, not the way he likes Ariel and Rapunzel, but he thinks she has pretty hair.

I should probably hold this series until the end because it's probably my favorite, but I'm not. There's plenty of good stuff to come. I think this series really illustrates why to get the CD vs. purchasing individual pictures or taking them all yourself. Some of the pictures are similar, but I'm including them all so you see how many pictures a good photopass photographer takes. BTW, I usually mention to the photographer that we have the CD and ask them to take a lot of pictures. 

Maybe Chip n Dale knew we're Fort people. :)

Photo0567FourBySix-1.jpg

Photo0569FourBySix.jpg

Photo0570FourBySix.jpg

Photo0571FourBySix.jpg

Especially love this one!

Photo0572FourBySix.jpg

Photo0573FourBySix.jpg

Photo0574FourBySix.jpg

Photo0575FourBySix.jpg

Photo0577FourBySix-1.jpg

This is funny too.

Photo0578FourBySix-1.jpg

Photo0579FourBySix.jpg

Photo0580FourBySix.jpg

Photo0581FourBySix.jpg

Here comes his buddy.

Photo0582FourBySix.jpg

Photo0583FourBySix.jpg

Photo0585FourBySix.jpg

Photo0586FourBySix.jpg

I think these really show that the best pictures aren't always the posed ones. And there's no way I would have taken that many pictures myself. Instead, I got to laugh along with them. 

Wow, those photos are great!

I know that you answered this on another thread, but it might be helpful for folks reading along to have a quick overview of what Photopass costs and why you choose the CD over the other options.  I believe that there is also some kind of discount that you can get by paying before your trip.

TCD

The CD cost (all photos taken by regular photopass photographers) Pre order (14 days prior to vacation start) $119.95  Regular cost $169.95 No limit to how many photos you have on the CD. If you end up with 1000 photos, you get all 1000 photos (most likely on a couple of CDs). You have full rights to the photos. You can edit your photos prior to ordering CD and add borders and autographs (like in the photos above). If you buy the CD at the park in the view station, you cannot edit your photos prior to getting the CD.

Photopass+ cost (ALL photos taken (photopass photographers, ride photos, dining photos)) Pre order $149 (14 days prior to vacation start) Regular cost $199.95. No limit to how many photos you have on the CD. If you end up with 1000 photos, you get all 1000 photos (most likely on a couple of CDs). You have full rights to the photos. You can edit your photos prior to ordering CD and add borders and autographs (like in the photos above).

Attractions+ gives you all your ride photos and is $49.95. No photopass photos are included in this and no preorder is available. This is purchased at attraction merchandise locations, not photopass.

Individual prints run $12.95 for 5X7s (if you order 3 or more they are $10 apiece, so 4 will be $40) $14.95 for 4X6s (4X6s always come as doubles) and $16.95 for 8X10s. You can order online or in the view stations. Online they mail them to you, in the view, they print in about 1 min and you can walk out the door with them.

Also available online is a digital download of the photo. It is about $14.00 and you can download it directly to your computer.

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/specialoffers/wdwppp.htm

Your Chip and Dale photos are wonderful.  What a way to remember your trip.  They look like they had fun too.   I love the photo CD.  I did the photopass+ last time we went since we had a bunch of charater meals.  It was nice to not have to jump up and take the picture or worry about not getting it at the resturant.  I just wish we had stopped and had more pictures taken. 

Chip and Dale photo pass pics are awesome!!!!

Aren't they? Their interaction was great!

Wow, those photos are great!

I know that you answered this on another thread, but it might be helpful for folks reading along to have a quick overview of what Photopass costs and why you choose the CD over the other options.  I believe that there is also some kind of discount that you can get by paying before your trip.

TCD

Our resident expert took care of more of that before I got a chance. But the advantage is getting ALL the pictures you wouldn't buy stand alone or that you never would have taken. The Chip n Dale shots are a great example. The pictures where they're playing around are so much better than the posed ones.

That group of pics is priceless!

Thanks for sharing Kelly.

I love when the characters spend a lot of time with kids and really interact with them.

Now I really wish we had purchased the CD when we went.

There's always next time! :)

Great PP pics!

Have you ordered a CD for your trip? 

The CD cost (all photos taken by regular photopass photographers) Pre order (14 days prior to vacation start) $119.95  Regular cost $169.95 No limit to how many photos you have on the CD. If you end up with 1000 photos, you get all 1000 photos (most likely on a couple of CDs). You have full rights to the photos. You can edit your photos prior to ordering CD and add borders and autographs (like in the photos above). If you buy the CD at the park in the view station, you cannot edit your photos prior to getting the CD.

Photopass+ cost (ALL photos taken (photopass photographers, ride photos, dining photos)) Pre order $149 (14 days prior to vacation start) Regular cost $199.95. No limit to how many photos you have on the CD. If you end up with 1000 photos, you get all 1000 photos (most likely on a couple of CDs). You have full rights to the photos. You can edit your photos prior to ordering CD and add borders and autographs (like in the photos above).

Attractions+ gives you all your ride photos and is $49.95. No photopass photos are included in this and no preorder is available. This is purchased at attraction merchandise locations, not photopass.

Individual prints run $12.95 for 5X7s (if you order 3 or more they are $10 apiece, so 4 will be $40) $14.95 for 4X6s (4X6s always come as doubles) and $16.95 for 8X10s. You can order online or in the view stations. Online they mail them to you, in the view, they print in about 1 min and you can walk out the door with them.

Also available online is a digital download of the photo. It is about $14.00 and you can download it directly to your computer.

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/specialoffers/wdwppp.htm

What Dave said!

Your Chip and Dale photos are wonderful.  What a way to remember your trip.  They look like they had fun too.   I love the photo CD.  I did the photopass+ last time we went since we had a bunch of charater meals.  It was nice to not have to jump up and take the picture or worry about not getting it at the resturant.  I just wish we had stopped and had more pictures taken. 

I'm considering PP+ now that Z is old enough to ride a lot of the big rides. He says he's going on ToT next time. I'm going to need that picture! LOL

Let's go to Epcot. You know who's there, right Dave?

Photo0613FourBySix.jpg

Photo0621FourBySix.jpg

Z's got the nervous look again. I think he's wondering why Aladdin won't get out of the way, so he can hug Jasmine.

Photo0622FourBySix.jpg

Another shot of him looking at my mom instead of the PP photographer.

Photo0624FourBySix.jpg

These are for Dave.

Photo0627FourBySix.jpg

Photo0628FourBySix.jpg

She doesn't know what's wrong with that DaveinTN guy.

Photo0632FourBySix.jpg

Photo0633FourBySix.jpg

Mom and I on our adult night. Some people think we look alike.

Photo0635FourBySix.jpg

Photo0638FourBySix.jpg