Rumors at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

My sources tell me that the major expansion will be neither Cars Land nor Star Wars Land.  Later this year, a huge media event will be staged to announce the opening in 2016, coinciding with the Summer Olympics in Brazil and pandering to Disney's largest ethnic demographic, of Rio Land!  All CM's will be costumed in skimpy outfits, and guests will be robbed, felt up, drugged and dumped at the park exit.

Yes and instead of a barber shop like the MK they will have a Brazilian waxing parlor.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now that he looks like a hipster, yes. TCD

This is the first phase of the previously rumored WDW rollercoaster ride that dumps Gatorade on you while going through a tunnel.   I told you DD was a credible source.

They belong on your lawn licking your yard globe!

So back on topic, I always wondered why the entrance to DHS off World Drive was massive and near impossible to use if you're staying on property. Meanwhile the one off Buena Vista is tiny and takes forever to get in.

The main problem at the BVD entrance is that there are only two lanes and only two CMs at the parking lot toll booths, WHY?

Here's a tip if you find yourself stuck in a long line on BVD waiting to get into the Studios. Get into the right lane as if your going to the Boardwalk, make a U turn before the BW and then go straight into the Studios entrance from there.

I was trying to visualize what this might look like, so I took a look at Bing Maps.

This is the area that the blogger is talking about:

DHS2_zpsb948afc2.jpg

This shows a closer view of what is in this area:

DHS_zps711137a5.jpg

I use that World Dr. entrance when we are visiting DHS on a day trip.  Otherwise, if I'm driving from somewhere on property, it's always the BVD entrance.  I am not sure many guests even know there are two entrances, or that they will miss the World Dr. entrance.

This rumor sounds very plausible- removing that entrance provides all kinds of space to expand.

TCD

The main problem at the BVD entrance is that there are only two lanes and only two CMs at the parking lot toll booths, WHY?

Here's a tip if you find yourself stuck in a long line on BVD waiting to get into the Studios. Get into the right lane as if your going to the Boardwalk, make a U turn before the BW and then go straight into the Studios entrance from there.

I don't understand what you're saying here.

How do you make a U turn from the right lane?  And after you make the U turn, where do you go- all the way to the World Dr. entrance?  That doesn't seem like it would save time.

TCD

I don't understand what you're saying here.

How do you make a U turn from the right lane? And after you make the U turn, where do you go- all the way to the World Dr. entrance? That doesn't seem like it would save time.

TCD

I think he was saying make a left turn onto Epcot Resorts Blvd towards the Hess station and the BW, but instead of turning into the BW make a u-turn and then go straight through the light across BVD into HWS. The goal is to avoid the traffic waiting to make the right turn into HWS. Is that what you were saying Lou? I've never had to do it there but I used that trick in Naples a lot.

I think that expansion and reconfigure makes a lot of sense and will open up all kinds of room. I'm another person that has barely used that entrance off of World Drive, although I have ran through it during the Wine and Dine 10k!

WBI

I think he was saying make a left turn onto Epcot Resorts Blvd towards the Hess station and the BW, but instead of turning into the BW make a u-turn and then go straight through the light across BVD into HWS. The goal is to avoid the traffic waiting to make the right turn into HWS. Is that what you were saying Lou? I've never had to do it there but I used that trick in Naples a lot.

I think that expansion and reconfigure makes a lot of sense and will open up all kinds of room. I'm another person that has barely used that entrance off of World Drive, although I have ran through it during the Wine and Dine 10k!

WBI

Oh- I see.  But Lou said get in the right lane. I think you're talking about the same concept though.

I drew what I think Lou may have been saying with my purple crayon- and what WBI is saying with a green (then follow the purple) :

DHSentrance_zps3e83daa2.jpg

I've never arrived at DHS when the traffic was backed up, but I've seen it when I have left DHS mid to late morning after a rope drop visit.

If I ever arrive when things are backed up, I'll give Lou's trick a try.

TCD

So just to make all this even more interesting...

I've just seen a totally unsubstantiated rumor that this is the last year for Osborne lights on the Streets of America @ HS.

Of course doesn't mean they're not moving elsewhere, but if there's going to be a big expansion at HS for... whateverLAND... moving Osborne could be possible.

and add this rumor while your at it. I have heard of a parking garage at DHS and DTD(disney springs)

The parking garage(s) at Disney Springs is a reality. The first of two is already under way.

I'm doubting the one at DHS only because there is plenty of space to expand.

and add this rumor while your at it. I have heard of a parking garage at DHS and DTD(disney springs)

The parking garage(s) at DIsney Springs is a reality. The first of two is already under way.

I'm doubting the one at DHS only because there is plenty of space to expand.

Andrew Roberts-The Disney Springs parking garages were officially announced.  We've seen artwork and everything.

There already is a parking garage at DHS.  For employee parking:

DHSparkinggarage_zps593e91f9.jpg

I agree with Lou- they don't need one for guest parking.

TCD

So just to make all this even more interesting...

I've just seen a totally unsubstantiated rumor that this is the last year for Osborne lights on the Streets of America @ HS.

Of course doesn't mean they're not moving elsewhere, but if there's going to be a big expansion at HS for... whateverLAND... moving Osborne could be possible.

I read that rumor also & it makes me very sad. I love Osborne lights! My teens said, Eh. So this Christmas, God willing we make it this time, we will be spending lots of time at Osborne lights.

they ruined the osborn lights when they tore down the backlot sets and moved it the last time.

We have never seen it....so we won't have anything to compare it to.

It's sort of like people who just now discovered the Fort, don't know what they are missing without the RR and RC......don't miss it if you never had it.