• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Epcot's coaster is DJD.  You go up, then you go back down.  Your life flashes in front of your eyes.  Actually, the entire history of the world flashes in front of your eyes.  And at the end o

It's been a while. But couldn't they quickly get back and forth between MK and Epcot? Using the monorail? I think I could do it in a day. With the help of some Fiends. I would needs some of you pla

We will take pookie for photo evidence. He's getting tired of hanging out on the bed anyway...

Cab is always a good option, but if you don't want to spend the money, this is another option.

Take a bus to the Beach Club, and walk in the front door, out the back door. It's only about a 5 minute walk to the International Gateway entrance at Epcot.

Smart.

Does the bus go direct to Yacht and Beach club, or does it stop at the other Epcot resorts too?

We've used this trick before- and for some reason I thought the bus made several stops.  I know there are separate stops for Yacht club and Beach club for sure.

One drawback is this gets you to the International Gateway-which isn't close to any of the rides.

TCD

Does the bus go direct to Yacht and Beach club, or does it stop at the other Epcot resorts too?

From MK, the bus only stops at the Yacht & Beach Club.

It stops at the Yacht Club first, but they are so close to each other that it's a very quick stop.

We always use the IG because it is close to the back and that's where we usually spend most of our time.

Starla and I have talked about trying this before we leave. We have a GAC though so it'll only be for fun. No way we could claim bragging rights without waiting in lines... still, it is sort of tempting and would be a piece of cake with the help of a red card

The guys who did this made a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nniVxpN0Slc

Scanning through it, I see that at the beginning of their day, they are driving past the TTC parking lot, which suggests to me that they started out parked in the Contemporary Resort parking lot.

At one point in the video, one of the guy complains because the other has been detained at the castmember entrance to a park- so one of these guys is a castmember.

When they arrive at DHS, they seem to be walking in from the guest drop-off area, which is also near where the taxis park.  So, they apparently either got a ride or took a cab to DHS.

They show themselves in a cab for the Epcot to AK hop.

Later, toward the end of the video, they show themselves walking the walkway from the Contemporary to the MK.  They probably took a cab from Epcot to the MK (where their car was parked all day).

The video is pretty good.  They almost got it done.  It doesn't look like it was much fun.

TCD

Tomorrow is our target day to give this a shot. We'll begin the day 8am at AK, then grab either DS or Epcot, then the other park and close MK at 11. DH will drop us off at AK but we're thinking we'll use Disney transport for the rest to make up for using our red card. It's our last park day so plans could change if my cousin who's at the Poly this week decides to meet us for the day or if it stops being fun. 

LOL we've been taking about it all week but can't manage to get out before noon. Guess this means we should get out of the hot tub before 1 am tonight...

No doubt the WW could make it fun. I figure most fiends could have done it better. After watching the vid Starla and I doubted some of their MK morning times but we figured they seemed miserable enough by the end of the night that it doesn't matter if they fudged a few morning times...

Good luck Pam!  Can't wait to hear how you do.

We will take pookie for photo evidence. He's getting tired of hanging out on the bed anyway...

IMHO those guys didn't look like they were having much fun.

Well to be fair, if you go back and look at the photos from our 24 hours of madness at MK, in many of them we don't look like we were having fun, but we actually were.  But those were the photos where we were on the ground crying ...because we were laughing so hard.  8)

Note to self (and any partners in crime) - before attempting this, GET A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP!

Well to be fair, if you go back and look at the photos from our 24 hours of madness at MK, in many of them we don't look like we were having fun, but we actually were.  But those were the photos where we were on the ground crying ...because we were laughing so hard.  8)

Note to self (and any partners in crime) - before attempting this, GET A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP!

She has a point.  As a matter of fact the worse the picture, generally the more fun we were having.

That's what happens when you let the kids use the guest house then take them out for a night on the town..... :rofl2:  (next time sleep will be happening)

Minor tweaking going on. We need to hit BOG to look around (not to eat) before 2:30. You know us lazy-butt fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants tourists are a spreadsheet lover's worst nightmare. Not saying we'd follow it but if anyone wants to suggest a plan of attack, taking into account our relaxed slow moving style, we always enjoy suggestions. And to any naysayers - We're not indecisive, we're flexible... well, that's my story at any rate and I'm sticking to it.