• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Epcot's coaster is DJD.  You go up, then you go back down.  Your life flashes in front of your eyes.  Actually, the entire history of the world flashes in front of your eyes.  And at the end o

It's been a while. But couldn't they quickly get back and forth between MK and Epcot? Using the monorail? I think I could do it in a day. With the help of some Fiends. I would needs some of you pla

We will take pookie for photo evidence. He's getting tired of hanging out on the bed anyway...

I couldn't believe that someone could do all the rides in one day without some sort of help. I googled their adventure and found out that they didn't do it. Tomorrowland speedway was closed due to rain so they rode transit authority again. Also, astro orbiter was closed so they rode Pooh again. They park hopped six times. Six times! What the Fort! Why would you hop so much? They started at MK rode nine rides and then went to HS rode three rides and went to epcot. After seven rides went to AK rode seven rides and then back to HS for three more rides. Back to epcot for the last three rides before heading back to MK to finish their adventure. But with two rides rained out they substituted two rides for them.

8:53am, Main Street vehicles. First ride

10:53am hops to HS

12:51pm hops to Epcot

3:54pm hops to AK

6:54pm hops to HS - ToT, TSM, and Star Tours. In that order.

7:53pm hops to epcot

9:28pm final hop to MK

This is their timeline.

Now I'm not a park hopper but it seems very unlikely that you could arrive at HS at 6:54, ride those three rides and make it to epcot's Soarin, in 59 min. I know there basically across the street from each other but that seems highly unlikely even if you have some sort of front of the line pass.

I did a little looking too, and found a very long blog entry where one of these guys shares their day in excruciating detail: http://www.parkeology.com/2013/06/teevtees-take-wdw47-one-week-later-a-day-that-will-live-in-infamy.html

They claim to have used the walkway for hopping from Epcot to DHS.

They also claim that they had no help and did not "cheat," but they claim that they traded TSMM Fastpasses with another guest so they could get a later return time.  That is technically a violation of Fastpass policy because Fastpasses are non-transferable.  Not that it's a big deal, but they did bend the rules there.

There is no mention of how they hopped between the other parks.  There is mention that they had family members around.  I think they must have gotten rides.  I highly doubt they could have done all that hopping and relied on Disney transportation.

I think that I could do this much better than these two knuckleheads.  But, I don't see the point.

TCD

This could be developed into the new DW exercise and diet plan. It would destroy the south beach and that other carb diet plan. The only downside is you have to live close to Disney and not have a regular job. Lots of miles walked and Disney continues to sterilize their food offerings. I can see the pounds falling off.....

There is no mention of how they hopped between the other parks.  There is mention that they had family members around.

That would certainly shorten up the transport time between parks.

But then just having your own car might do that.

I think that I could do this much better than these two knuckleheads.  But, I don't see the point.

Insane bragging rights and the excuse to start your own Disney Hipster blog?  smiley_emoticons_mttao_franzose.gif

But then just having your own car might do that.

Agreed.  But these guys magically hopped from MK to DHS- not an easy or quick thing to do with Disney transportation.  And, even if they had a car, and didn't cheat by parking in a resort, that hop would have involved transportation to the TTC parking lot, a drive to DHS, parking, and then a tram ride to the gate.

After DHS, they ran to Epcot.  Okay.  If they had a car, their car was in the DHS parking lot.

From Epcot, they hopped to AK.  Only way they could have done that would have been by bus.  Their car, if they had one would still be at DHS.

Then from AK they hopped back to DHS.  A bus again.  Their car would have been in the DHS lot still.

Then they ran back to Epcot. Car would still be at DHS.

And then hopped to the MK.  Here again- that is no way to do that quickly with Disney transportation.

It is very significant to me that the blogger goes into painstaking detail about all the brilliant decisions they made, but aside from running twice from DHS to Epcot, mentions nothing about how they hopped back and forth to the other parks.

TCD

It's been a while. But couldn't they quickly get back and forth between MK and Epcot? Using the monorail?

I think I could do it in a day. With the help of some Fiends. I would needs some of you planners to figure out my route. Planners keep in mind that i hVe GAC. Or would that be cheating? I need Lou and Jason to be my drivers and TCD to write about it.

Anybody willing to give it the old college try? Lol

It's been a while. But couldn't they quickly get back and forth between MK and Epcot?

I think I could do it in a day. With the help of some Fiends. I would needs some of you planners to figure out my route. Planners keep in mind that i hVe GAC. Or would that be cheating? I need Lou and Jason to be my drivers and TCD to write about it.

Anybody willing to give it the old college try? Lol

Getting from the MK to Epcot would involve either the boat or monorail to the TTC, and then transferring to the Epcot monorail.  Not a fast trip, even if everything is timed perfectly.  And, chances are there will be a wait for the two modes of transportation required.

With help, and especially with a GAC, it would be easy.  These guys had help, even though they aren't admitting it.

TCD

Oh, that's too bad.  Because I really thought that was how those guys park hopped so efficiently.  :well-duh-smiley:

I assume that photo was taken at Disneyland, but I've never been there, and have never seen it from that angle.  Main Street looks like it did at WDW before they chopped down those big trees in the hub, but look at all of the buildings on the horizon.  I see what looks like Tower of Terror, and some other buildings that definitely would not be in the WDW skyline from that angle.

TCD

Getting from the MK to Epcot would involve either the boat or monorail to the TTC, and then transferring to the Epcot monorail. Not a fast trip, even if everything is timed perfectly. And, chances are there will be a wait for the two modes of transportation required.

With help, and especially with a GAC, it would be easy. These guys had help, even though they aren't admitting it.

TCD

Ok. I thought the monorail went straight from MK to Epcot. I didn't realize it stopped at the TTC.

I assume that photo was taken at Disneyland, but I've never been there, and have never seen it from that angle. Main Street looks like it did at WDW before they chopped down those big trees in the hub, but look at all of the buildings on the horizon. I see what looks like Tower of Terror, and some other buildings that definitely would not be in the WDW skyline from that angle.

TCD

That would have to be an old pix of Disneyland we were there last year and I'm pretty sure you would be looking at California Adventure from that angle. But I'm not a Disneyland expert.

Ok. I thought the monorail went straight from MK to Epcot. I didn't realize it stopped at the TTC.

The Epcot monorail and the MK monorail are on different tracks.  It just doesn't stop at the TTC, you need to get off, walk down a ramp, and up another and get on the other monorail train.

If you take the Express Monorail from the MK to the TTC, you can skip the ramps, and they will let you walk across the platform to change monorails.

TCD

TCD. You have to go to Disneyland at least once in your life. I think it would make a great TR if you and Mrs. TCD took the 3 girls to the original theme park

I have always wanted to.  I really did want to go with my girls so we could all experience it the first time together.

Now that they have all headed off to college, it will be hard, but maybe one day.

TCD

The Epcot monorail and the MK monorail are on different tracks. It just doesn't stop at the TTC, you need to get off, walk down a ramp, and up another and get on the other monorail train.

If you take the Express Monorail from the MK to the TTC, you can skip the ramps, and they will let you walk across the platform to change monorails.

TCD

Would the express monorail be faster then getting off and running to your car?

Someone suggested a taxi. Do the taxis pick up people at TTC or by the Disney world resort buses?

I have always wanted to. I really did want to go with my girls so we could all experience it the first time together.

Now that they have all headed off to college, it will be hard, but maybe one day.

TCD

but what a great excuse to have a family reunion over Christmas break.

Would the express monorail be faster then getting off and running to your car?

Someone suggested a taxi. Do the taxis pick up people at TTC or by the Disney world resort buses?

Not sure what you mean about running to the car.  If you arrive at the MK via car, you will have to park in the TTC parking lot, and take the monorail or ferry to the MK from the TTC.  Going back, you can take either the resort or express monorail or ferry.  To get to Epcot, I think taking the Epcot monorail from the TTC would be faster than going to your car and driving- as you would have to get to your car, drive to Epcot, park, and take a tram or walk to the entrance.  With the monorail, you will be dropped right at the entrance.

At the MK, if you want a taxi, you will either need to walk to the Contemporary and get one from there, or ride to the TTC and get one there.  I think walking to the Contemporary would be faster.  At the other parks, you can find cabs waiting in the parking lots right outside the park entrance.

but what a great excuse to have a family reunion over Christmas break.

That is when we would have to go.

Not a cheap time to travel.

TCD

Not sure what you mean about running to the car. If you arrive at the MK via car, you will have to park in the TTC parking lot, and take the monorail or ferry to the MK from the TTC. Going back, you can take either the resort or express monorail or ferry. To get to Epcot, I think taking the Epcot monorail from the TTC would be faster than going to your car and driving- as you would have to get to your car, drive to Epcot, park, and take a tram or walk to the entrance. With the monorail, you will be dropped right at the entrance.

At the MK, if you want a taxi, you will either need to walk to the Contemporary and get one from there, or ride to the TTC and get one there. I think walking to the Contemporary would be faster. At the other parks, you can find cabs waiting in the parking lots right outside the park entrance.

That is when we would have to go.

Not a cheap time to travel.

TCD

No it's not cheap and the parks are more crowded than at the World. If you ever decide to go there's a great embassy suites near by that offers a free shuttle to the parks. And a nightly managers reception with free beer and cocktails.