Oh the humanity of it all. And it's written by an ocasional FF.Net poster, Gary, CDN Cruiser.

He uses words like captivating, hidden gem, wow, inspirational, and spectacular.

Well Gary, I don't care how cute your Shelties are, you've crossed the line.

Oh, and BTW, I want that FWRR spike back.

In a weak moment, if you're curious and want to read what I'm so upset about, below is the link, but try to resist.

http://land.allears.net/blogs/guestblog/2013/07/ready_disneys_oldest_parade.html

Lou, you may enjoy this blogger better: http://www.parkeology.com/2013/07/6-things-i-cant-believe-still-exist-disney.html

I stumbled across this entry on this site when I was looking for information on the guys who made a big deal about trying to ride every ride at WDW in one day.

It's right up your alley:

The Electrical Water Pageant

Let’s be honest: As much as we might like the old school Disney charm of something that has been a mainstay at the resort for more than 30 years, how has this little water parade managed to stick around? They trot it out every night, with its 1970s tableau of primitive Christmas Tree decorations synchronized to music. It floats past three or four hotels like a funny little ice cream truck, then rolls back into its cave and goes to sleep.

It’s not an attraction. It barely warrants mention in any of the marketing materials. I don’t see it advertised much at the resorts, other than an occasional line item in the standard resort newsletter. There are no Designated Water Pageant Viewing Areas. Nobody is booking a stay at the Contemporary because of it.

Don’t get me wrong. I love the Electrical Water Pageant. But I like it because it is quaint and low-tech and it reminds me of Walt Disney World’s more innocent past. But for a company as forward thinking as Disney, I’m surprised this bit of obvious nostalgia has survived.

TCD

Lou, you may enjoy this blogger better

It's right up your alley:

The Electrical Water Pageant

Let’s be honest: As much as we might like the old school Disney charm of something that has been a mainstay at the resort for more than 30 years, how has this little water parade managed to stick around? They trot it out every night, with its 1970s tableau of primitive Christmas Tree decorations synchronized to music. It floats past three or four hotels like a funny little ice cream truck, then rolls back into its cave and goes to sleep.

It’s not an attraction. It barely warrants mention in any of the marketing materials. I don’t see it advertised much at the resorts, other than an occasional line item in the standard resort newsletter. There are no Designated Water Pageant Viewing Areas. Nobody is booking a stay at the Contemporary because of it.

Don’t get me wrong. I love the Electrical Water Pageant. But I like it because it is quaint and low-tech and it reminds me of Walt Disney World’s more innocent past. But for a company as forward thinking as Disney, I’m surprised this bit of obvious nostalgia has survived.

TCD

I rest my case.

I know it sometimes seems like I hate everything at WDW, but the EWP is simply magical to me.  Especially hearing the music on our first night at the Fort, when I'm usually tired from the drive and relaxing or even in bed by the time it starts.  Hearing that music fire up makes me smile.  Although, I remember vividly our first trip to the Fort with our girls in March 2007, which was the first time I had camped there in 30 years.  We were in 500 and had had a very tiring trip, so all of us were in bed by 9:30.  It was chilly and no need for A/C, so the windows in the MH were open.  INC and I were laying in bed and it was very quiet, and then all of a sudden the EWP music started.  As you know it can be quite loud in the loops closest to the marina.  We both said "What the heck is that??".  Had no idea at that point.  We still laugh about that. 

I know it sometimes seems like I hate everything at WDW, but the EWP is simply magical to me.  Especially hearing the music on our first night at the Fort, when I'm usually tired from the drive and relaxing or even in bed by the time it starts.  Hearing that music fire up makes me smile.  Although, I remember vividly our first trip to the Fort with our girls in March 2007, which was the first time I had camped there in 30 years.  We were in 500 and had had a very tiring trip, so all of us were in bed by 9:30.  It was chilly and no need for A/C, so the windows in the MH were open.  INC and I were laying in bed and it was very quiet, and then all of a sudden the EWP music started.  As you know it can be quite loud in the loops closest to the marina.  We both said "What the heck is that??".  Had no idea at that point.  We still laugh about that. 

Truthfully I don't hate it... just trying to make Lou feel loved.

Truthfully I don't hate it... just trying to make Lou feel loved.

I also don't hate it, I'm just tired of it, and here's why.

When I was a front office CM at a couple of MK resorts, I would see it or hear it every night. After a few hundred times, it gets a little old.

After having experienced it so many times, you start noticing it's weakness, and there are many. The main one being that it's unchanged for as long as I've seen it, which to me, comes across as it being hokey and amateurish.

I also don't hate it, I'm just tired of it, and here's why.

When I was a front office CM at a couple of MK resorts, I would see it or hear it every night. After a few hundred times, it gets a little old.

After having experienced it so many times, you start noticing it's weakness, and there are many. The main one being that it's unchanged for as long as I've seen it, which to me, comes across as it being hokey and amateurish.

I know.  just like to tease you..... :bighug:

I love it because it is Disney. 

I have only been to WDW 4 times.  The first two times were just for a day at MK - one when I was in highschool and one with my three oldest children when they were 6, 5, and 3. 

Then I was able to go in 2010, staying at FW for the first time and taking all six of my children thanks to Give a Day, Get a Day and a cast member I never did met in person who e-mailed me a ticket for my youngest.  I didn't see EWP that trip - way too tired at the end of each day.  But I heard the music each night after listening to the movie.

Then, Loretta made it possible for me to go to WWW 2013.  It was a most amazing weekend and part of the magic was seeing EWP. 

While I understand what others are saying about it, I hope it is still going when I go to WWW 2014 (Lord willing) and I dearly hope I am able to bring my children back to WDW before they all start moving out, and I hope to show them the EWP.

I love it because it is Disney. 

I have only been to WDW 4 times.  The first two times were just for a day at MK - one when I was in highschool and one with me three oldest children when they were 6, 5, and 3. 

Then I was able to go in 2010, staying at FW for the first time and taking all six of my children thatnks to Give a Day, Get a Day and a cast member I never did met in person who e-mailed me a ticket for my youngest.  I didn't see EWP that trip - way too tired at the end of each day.  But I heard the music each night after listening to the movie.

Then, Loretta made it possible for me to go to WWW 2013.  It was a most amazing weekend and part of the magic was seeing EWP. 

While I understand what others are saying about it, I hope it is still going when I go to WWW 2014 (Lord willing) and I dearly hope I am able to bring my children back to WDW before they all start moving out, and I hope to show them the EWP.

and she got to see if from the resort boat too

I like the silly thing for much the same reason I love Country Bear and CoP.  It is a reminder of the simpler things in life.  Don't throw everything away just 'cause it's old.  I didn't get to see those things as a kid like my DH did, but I have caught his nostalgia for them.

The music makes me smile at night too when I hear in the trailer.  We only make the effort to see it when we are going to the beach to watch the fireworks.  Most nights we hit the sack early because we are rope droppers.  But I still can't fall completely asleep until I hear it. 

The music makes me smile at night too when I hear in the trailer.  We only make the effort to see it when we are going to the beach to watch the fireworks.  Most nights we hit the sack early because we are rope droppers.  But I still can't fall completely asleep until I hear it. 

I like it and the boat/train whistles (from the 900 loop) because i am at the Fort.  However, we don't usually make an effort to watch it anymore because we catch glimpses of it as we are going to MK

The music makes me smile a

It makes me laugh too.

I like it because it seems like Disney is putting it on just for me

I wish that were true, then the rest of us wouldn't have to put up with it.

one of those simple and nostalgic things I hope they never take away.

I'm translating "simple and nostalgic" to "amateurish and outdated".

I may just have to restart my "sink the EWP" campaign.