What's the Easiest/Quickest Way to Get to WL from the Fort?

Lou-

I will move on past your choice of undergarments, and direct your attention to the definitions you posted.

"When MICKEY MOUSE's image is incorporated into designs as a decorative enhancement, it is called a "Deliberate Mickey" since it is specifically intended to make MICKEY MOUSE a visual addition to the surrounding artwork or an identifying logo." 

"A "Hidden Mickey" is best defined as an image of MICKEY MOUSE concealed in the design of a WALT DISNEY WORLD attraction or resort. 

With regard to the Hidden Mickey definition, if Mickey Mouse's image is concealed in the design of a WDW attraction or resort, how is that not also an Intentional Mickey?  Someone intentionally concealed the image in the design, right?

This is why your blathering about these IM's makes no sense to me.

OK, the fact that you admittedly wear women's underwear is also a distraction.

TCD

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gwen-   I agree with the advice given to you by Dave and Dave.  If you're in 700, just walk or take the cart over to the Settlement Bus Stop, and take the WL bus to the Lodge.   Since you've never bee

There used to be a spot on Main Street where you could see a deliberate cinnamon roll.  But now it's just a hidden cinnamon roll. 

I just don't understand carousels. No matter how hard you whip that horse, you just cant seem to get past the one in front. In fact, which one is in the lead, anyway? How do you tell? You never

With regard to the Hidden Mickey definition, if Mickey Mouse's image is concealed in the design of a WDW attraction or resort, how is that not also an Intentional Mickey?  Someone intentionally concealed the image in the design, right?

This is why your blathering about these IM's makes no sense to me.

Of course they're intentional, they're there.

Maybe this blathering will shed some light on your cluelessness.

Hidden doesn't mean accidental or unintentional. Not all Hidden Mickeys were designed in. Some were added afterwards. There isn't an official list of all Hidden Mickeys because a lot were done on the fly by the designer or by the person on site during construction, and were never recorded. A good example is the one on the WL porte-cochere pavement.

However there is a list of the Deliberate Mickeys as it's part of the design and like a  lot of the HM, should be shown on the plans.

Remember that those are not my definitions, they're direct quotes from Disney. Whether you think so or not, Disney does make the distinction between Hidden and Deliberate.

And even the self proclaimed experts on some of the Disney websites, and guide books, don't seem to know the difference. The most obvious is the guy on AllEars.

So if like him, you want to call every MIckey head you see a Hidden Mickey, be my guest, but you will be wrong a lot of the time.

The give away that the Mickey at the DVC is a deliberate Mickey is that there is a simulated knot hole in the log, and what might you find in a hole in a log, a mouse. That Mickey is meant to be seen and was designed to be.

Just an observation.

In your profession, words are almost everything, with pinpoint accuracy in describing whatever you're working on being crucial. It surprises me that you wouldn't want that level of preciseness here.

Just an observation.

In your profession, words are almost everything, with pinpoint accuracy in describing whatever you're working on being crucial. It surprises me that you wouldn't want that level of preciseness here.

You are right. 

And that's why I find your blathering so annoying.

That Mickey is hiding in that hole. He's hidden.  Very hard to find. I imagine that he was put there intentionally, too.  Unless a tree just happened to grow a Mickey head in a knot hole.

So he's an Intentional Hidden Mickey.  Right?

Just like all of the other Hidden Mickeys.

The use of the word intentional is not necessary.

TCD

Can't we all just get along?

Hey, that was a compliment. I said that two idiots do make a right.

Yeah, it's all good.

I just remembered that I had this Intentional Mickey conversation with Lou in person.

I should have remembered that, and let it go. 

I honestly don't care.  I just call everything shaped like a Mickey a Hidden Mickey, and I'm fine with that.

TCD

Lou, do you have BLUE walls in your house?  

That's an unusual question Gwen, I'm afraid to answer it.

Does it mean that I'm an axe murderer if I do?

It's partially blue directly behind the horse, but on the side is grayish, blueish, greenish. I don't know what to call it.

I just don't understand carousels. No matter how hard you whip that horse, you just cant seem to get past the one in front. In fact, which one is in the lead, anyway? How do you tell? You never get anywhere, except I always seem to end up on the side farthest from the exit when it stops. Figure that one out. You ever notice that when you reheat coffee in the microwave, the handle ends up in the back? I hate when that happens. My wife won't drink reheated coffee. She says it's gross. Me, I am not above reheating coffee I made one or two days ago. I have even reheated coffee at the office on a Monday that I made the previous Friday. Speaking of old coffee, in 27 years in the Army I never saw a cook clean one of those giant coffee urns. Never. Nope. I bet there are coffee grounds from WW2 in those things. What the hell were we talking about? Oh yeah - beer.