What's the Easiest/Quickest Way to Get to WL from the Fort?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gwen-   I agree with the advice given to you by Dave and Dave.  If you're in 700, just walk or take the cart over to the Settlement Bus Stop, and take the WL bus to the Lodge.   Since you've never bee

There used to be a spot on Main Street where you could see a deliberate cinnamon roll.  But now it's just a hidden cinnamon roll. 

I just don't understand carousels. No matter how hard you whip that horse, you just cant seem to get past the one in front. In fact, which one is in the lead, anyway? How do you tell? You never

I've never been to Wilderness Lodge. Shame on me. But I plan to correct that on our next trip.

Should we take a boat or a bus? If whatever, what color? Details, please.

We use the bus sinçe it is the fastest and drops you off near the lobby. If you take the boat you have a longer walk to the lobby past the pool plus the walk up from the dock. You want the "Yellow Bus". Since you have a golf cart park at the Settlement Bus stop

Sorry guys, but the fastest way from your site to the WL, if you have a vehicle, is by using that vehicle.

No waiting for buses or boat, and no GC ride to catch that bus or boat.

If getting there the quickest way is your goal, and it shouldn't be, drive.

From the entrance of the Fort to the WL parking lot is 2.3 miles or a 5 minute drive.

Sorry guys, but the fastest way from your site to the WL, if you have a vehicle, is by using that vehicle.

No waiting for buses or boat, and no GC ride to catch that bus or boat.

If getting there the quickest way is your goal, and it shouldn't be, drive.

From the entrance of the Fort to the WL parking lot is 2.3 miles or a 5 minute drive.

But it's better to use your gas.... You are a stock holder aren't you? :lol:

Since you usually stay in 700, it's just a short walk or golf cart ride to the Settlement Bus stop for you, and there is golf cart parking right there by the Settlement Bus stop.  There will be a Wilderness Lodge Bus right there.

Right.  And Gwen, when you are at the Settlement bus stop, you'll note that there are two loops that the buses pull in on.  The busiest loop, which is closest to the path to Pioneer Hall, typically serves the interior Fort buses traveling the Orange, Yellow and Purple loops.  Most times I have been there, the WL buses pull into the other loop on the opposite side of the depot, closer to the Blacksmith shop.  It doesn't matter to you, as you access all buses from the same covered waiting area, but just keep in mind that you need to watch for buses on both sides of the depot, and that the WL bus may pick you up on the far side of the depot. 

I have found that, wherever I am, I can flag down a passing bus just by showing a little leg and a wave and a wink. Who needs Disney bus stops?

Wow!  You all have given me some great info.

We won't have a vehicle large enough to accommodate all of us, so driving is out.  We never use the Settlement bus depot.  I didn't even realize there are two bus loops there.  So if we get on a WL bus there it goes directly over without stopping anywhere?

I think we'll be adventurous and take the bus over and the boat back.

If you take the boat back, just watch where the little boats are coming from.  There are usually two boats, and they go in opposite circles.  If the boat is coming from the direction of the Fort, then it will continue toward the Contemporary, then over to the Fort. If it's coming from the Contemporary, then it will head directly for the Fort.