What's the Easiest/Quickest Way to Get to WL from the Fort?

Gwen, one of the neat things I found at the Wilderness Lodge with my crew was the animals along the path from the resort tothe bus.  We saw a duck with her young and a bunny rabbit.  Be sure to take your time and look around.

Now this is just me being meddlesome, but as someone with recent experience with a 2yo, I would do the boat over and the bus back.  I am assuming you will be going over int eh morning oefore nap time or just after afternoon nap. Either way, Junior will be fresher, more alert, and more compliant earlier in the adventure.  That would be the time, in my opinion, for the adventure of a boat ride and the fun of walking the path from the boat to the resort.  Take your time, look around at all they have to offer, then maybe have a meal or snack before heading back.  By that time, Junior will be getting tired from all the walking around and will be happy to get quickly back tot he campsite.

Again, just my opinion.  Hope you have a wonderful trip!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gwen-   I agree with the advice given to you by Dave and Dave.  If you're in 700, just walk or take the cart over to the Settlement Bus Stop, and take the WL bus to the Lodge.   Since you've never bee

There used to be a spot on Main Street where you could see a deliberate cinnamon roll.  But now it's just a hidden cinnamon roll. 

I just don't understand carousels. No matter how hard you whip that horse, you just cant seem to get past the one in front. In fact, which one is in the lead, anyway? How do you tell? You never

Carol, thanks for the tip!

Marty, you have a good point and you are certainly not being meddlesome.  We're going over for an early dinner, so he (and the 3 year old) should be just up from a nap.  Sounds like a great plan.

Dave, I read somewhere that the geyser goes off every hour on the hour.  Hopefully we can catch it after we finish dinner.  That would be awesome.

Wow! You all have given me some great info.

. We never use the Settlement bus depot. I didn't even realize there are two bus loops there. .

It's actually the "yellow" bus that just continues on to WL. When it gets to the Settlement Depot the marquis changes to WL it then goes non-stop to the Lodge. On the way back when it hits the Depot again the maquis changes to Yellow and it heads to the Outpost.

As a friendly over achiever boat captain told us and the rest of people on the boat that you could drive your golf cat down the path between the fort and the WL. He also stated they had a nice golf cart parking lot at th lodge where you could charge your cart. That would be the fastest way if these idiots knew what they were talking about

Too bad they couldn't make a golf cart lot at the end of the trail but I'm sure that has been discussed a Time or two here

It use to be allowed. Rumor has it that too many renters left the carts at the Lodge, whether that is true or not is anybody's guess.

Wow!  You all have given me some great info.

We won't have a vehicle large enough to accommodate all of us, so driving is out.  We never use the Settlement bus depot.  I didn't even realize there are two bus loops there.  So if we get on a WL bus there it goes directly over without stopping anywhere?

I think we'll be adventurous and take the bus over and the boat back.

You need to get out more.

You need to get out more.

With 4 kids who are 2, 3, 5, and 7, my plan IS adventurous!

The geyser is not real.

:rofl2:

It's not? I thought they dug it up from out west and transported it there? That's what a CM told me.....

Good one, Beckers!

Whoa! That could have been pretty painful!

Shot me about 30 feet into the air.

If you want to get back to the Fort quickly, grab the little boat coming from the Contemporary, its next stop will the Fort.

People tend to forget there are two boats, one goes clockwise and one counter clockwise around Riley's Island.

Gwen-

I agree with the advice given to you by Dave and Dave.  If you're in 700, just walk or take the cart over to the Settlement Bus Stop, and take the WL bus to the Lodge.

Since you've never been- here's a tip on something that you can do to impress the grandkids.

The bus stop is located between the Lodge and the DVC building, and you will walk up a covered walkway to enter the WL lobby from the side, near the gift shop and arcade.  If you turn right as you approach the Lodge from the bus stop, you will go in to the DVC building lobby.  There is a very cool room on the first floor of this building with some very nice displays about Walt and his love of railroads.  It is worth a look.

Here's the part where you can impress the grandkids- there is a cool Hidden Mickey carved in to one of the beams in the room adjacent to the display room.  It looks like this:

FWNewYear2009373.jpg

FWNewYear2009372.jpg

Turn the kids loose in that room and challenge them to find the Hidden Mickey.  It's hard to find, even if you know what you're looking for.

Here's a clue for you:  After you enter the room, turn back and face the door.  The Hidden Mickey is carved into the beam that will be to your left as you face the door, on the side facing the fireplace.  I'll bet the grandkids won't be able to spot him, and then you can show them and they'll be impressed at how smart Grandma is.

TCD

Here's the part where you can impress the grandkids- there is a cool DELIBERATE Mickey carved in to one of the beams in the room adjacent to the display room.  It looks like this:

Turn the kids loose in that room and challenge them to find the DELIBERATE Mickey.  It's hard to find, even if you know what you're looking for.

Here's a clue for you:  After you enter the room, turn back and face the door.  The DELIBERATE Mickey is carved into the beam that will be to your left as you face the door, on the side facing the fireplace.  I'll bet the grandkids won't be able to spot him, and then you can show them and they'll be impressed at how smart Grandma is.

When will he learn?

When will he learn?

I have nothing to learn.

Every Hidden Mickey is a deliberate Mickey.  Except for the transitional ones that happen accidentally from time to time, and the one on Minnie Moo.

As far as I know, you are the only person on the face of the earth, and maybe the universe, who gets his panties in a wad about deliberate Mickeys.

You know they sell Hidden Mickey guidebooks at WDW, right?

You ought to take a moment some time and read one.  There isn't a word about deliberate Mickeys anywhere in any of those books.

Give it up.

TCD

TCD,  

First of all, schmuck face, my panties are not wadded up, and there is nothing for me to give up. I'm simply pointing out a fact, which for some reason, you have a problem accepting, and as a result, are getting your BVDs in a wad. See, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Someone, maybe you, should contact Disney to correct them that there is no such thing as deliberate Mickeys. 

After all, the outside experts don't point that out in any of their books, and that should be good enough for Disney.

They could remove the hundreds of pages on their internal website that specifically lists all of the deliberate Mickeys at every WDW location.

And if they do not exist, skip the Disney definition of what a deliberate Mickey is below, and move on to the Hidden Mickey definition.

"When MICKEY MOUSE's image is incorporated into designs as a decorative enhancement, it is called a "Deliberate Mickey" since it is specifically intended to make MICKEY MOUSE a visual addition to the surrounding artwork or an identifying logo." 

"A "Hidden Mickey" is best defined as an image of MICKEY MOUSE concealed in the design of a WALT DISNEY WORLD attraction or resort. 

This is a sample of just one of the many pages of deliberate Mickeys as published by Disney.

DELIBERATE MICKEYS - MAGIC KINGDOM® Park
Cinderella's Royal Table 
     Dinnerware--on the crest
Horse Cars (on Main Street, U.S.A.) 
     Horses' bridles--blinders
Main Street Confectionery 
     Candy-making room--the trim of the white cupboards
Main Street Railroad Station
     Front of the station--the flower arrangement
     Above the station--in the flag
Mickey's Country House 
     Fence posts
     Above front doors--window
     Front doors
     Front hall--mirror
     Bedroom--hatstand
     Bedroom--rug
     Living room--picture frames
     Living room--television antenna
     Rec room--ping pong paddle (also in the shapes of DONALD DUCK and GOOFY
     Backyard--hedge
     Garden--pumpkins and tomatos
     Garden--cactus held by DONALD DUCK figure
At the formerly Mickey's Toontown Fair 
     Blue ribbons throughout the land
Merchandise carts--on flag poles
Minnie's Country House 
     Craft room--pottery
     Craft room--quilt
     Craft room--ribbons
     Kitchen--cookie cutters (also in the shape of DONALD DUCK)
Sir Mickey's 
     On the store's sign
Splash Mountain 
     On the cover of the telephone boxes used by the attraction's Hosts and Hostesses