I was amused today to see my parking pass from Fort Wilderness still on my dashboard.  It's been there since January.  Does anyone else try to cling to the memories by keeping one parking pass in place until you have another one to replace it?

Ours goes in the door pocket when we start driving cause we can't stand to have anything in the dash as we're going down the road, so when we get home, the next day when the truck starts getting cleaned out, the contents of the door pocket get trashed. :(

When we had a MH I used to stash the parking passes and the envelope with the bill they put on your windshield in the compartment above the drivers seat.  When I sold the MH and cleaned that compartment out, it made me very sad.  All those memories we made in that MH going to the Fort, and that era was over.  But was fun to see the old stuff nonetheless. 

I still have my last 5 parking tickets under my windshield wiper.

I used to keep old KTTW cards........

until I was trying to use the wrong one to get into a Disney resort very late one evening and royally chewed out the poor desk clerk cause I had to walk back up to the front twice dragging my luggage.  Imagine my embarrasment when I realized it was a card from several weeks before :(

I also keep my card until I have a new one to replace it.  I love the idea about making ornaments out of them.  I have a tree in my school office on which I hang 10 years worth of faculty ID lanyards.  The cards would be a nice additional touch!

Dolly is still displaying her last parking pass.

There's also a pile of old KTTW cards on my desk.

I used to keep old KTTW cards........

We punch holes in them and Hang them in our Christmas tree.

I keep my last one from Disney world and my ticket from Disneyland in my pocket till I get another one.

I also keep my card until I have a new one to replace it. 

My sister has a shadow box on the wall that they put all there tickets and neat pass type things in. 

I'm always surprised at how WDW affects some people, and the subtle things they do to keep the Disney feeling alive.

It's never crossed my mind to save any cards or passes.

In the very early days of FastPass, there was a practical reason to keep old room keys as ANY Disney magnetic strip would get you a Fast Pass, active or expired, so with 1/2 a dozen room keys, you could go around the park, collect Fast Passes for everything, then go ride :)

I'm always surprised at how WDW affects some people, and the subtle things they do to keep the Disney feeling alive.

When we stayed at AoA in the family suites they provide you with the Disney paper goods. We brought home whatever we didn't use and they are hidden away and get brought out very selectively. It's a huge deal for Adam to get to eat off of them. Sadly, I think I only have like 1 plate left. I would totally buy them if they sold them.

When we stayed at AoA in the family suites they provide you with the Disney paper goods. We brought home whatever we didn't use and they are hidden away and get brought out very selectively. It's a huge deal for Adam to get to eat off of them. Sadly, I think I only have like 1 plate left. I would totally buy them if they sold them.

I was so sad this past trip to see that the napkins were just plain brown.  They used to have red Mickey heads on them.  I only have a few of those left from the year before. :(

I'd bet if you go down the list of people you quoted, most or all live a good distance away and get to WDW fairly infrequently.

That's the case with us and even though we've gone annually and spent 2-3 weeks there every year for the past 10, we still count down the days from the end of one trip to the start of the next.  

I'd bet if you go down the list of people you quoted, most or all live a good distance away and get to WDW fairly infrequently.

That's the case with us and even though we've gone annually and spent 2-3 weeks there every year for the past 10, we still count down the days from the end of one trip to the start of the next.  

You hit the nail on the head.  If Lou gets that old "Disney feeling", all he has to do is drive over and soak up the magic.  The rest of us have to live through our shadow boxes.  I am actually looking at mine as I type this....

2013-02-17%252012.37.02.jpg