My Disney Experience & Magic Bands & Fastpass+

The link in the email took her to MDE and there wasn't an online check in option there that either of us could find.  I just sent her a text to try checking in with the app.  Thanks for the suggestion.

I just logged in, went to my reservations, and selected the reservation I wanted to look at and the link was right there to begin on line check in.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New C.O.P. scene........   Look at that family of four walking through the hub and bumping into other people staring at their little gizmos Ma.  Isn't it cute?  I mean the four of them walking around

Oh well, at least we can still have an ooey-gooey warm MSB cinnamon roll.

We should change that smiley to beating a cinnamon roll....

The link in the email took her to MDE and there wasn't an online check in option there that either of us could find.  I just sent her a text to try checking in with the app.  Thanks for the suggestion.

The Email link for online check-in doesn't work most of the time. In fact it has never worked for me. I called a the first couple of times and the CM told me they were "having issues" with the Email links.  Now I just go to online check-in and enter my info.  I don't know of a way to do online check-in with the app. Surely, you will be able to do online check-in from the app in the future.

I just logged in, went to my reservations, and selected the reservation I wanted to look at and the link was right there to begin on line check in.

Thanks.  I'll let her know.  

The confusion with the online check-in email notification sending her a site that doesn't have a check-in option or has it buried someplace neither of us can find will need to go in her review of the Magic Band process. 

• 3 months later...

Well, this is an old thread, but it seemed like a good place to post my results of MBs & FP+

We had 6 days reserved in mid December at a full hook up site, room only reservation.  We still had 3 days left on some old tickets so no need for tickets this time.

About six weeks out we got the "you have been chosen" e-mail which allowed us to order/customize Magic bands.  I ordered them and downloaded the MDE app for my iPhone & iPad.

The MBs arrived about a month before arrival.  Funny, but a week or so later I go the "you have been chosen" e-mail again.  I just ignored this one.

Two days out I checked in on line.  As we planned on arriving early I just checked the box I want early arrival over any other requests.

Day 1  We pulled up about 8:45.  Security had us on the list and waved us in.  The CM working the gate was as nice as could be, had our KTTW package waiting for us.  After the normal speech she asked for a 4 digit PIN to use with the MBs and handed us the packet and we were off to our site in 1900 - our favorite!

While we set up we gave Kenny a call and worked out the delivery of a cart (different post later).  Once set up and in our cart we began to wander FW and DTD.  No need for the MBs today.  Can't set up FP+ because our tickets are too old to "attach" to the MDE account.  This required a visit to the guest services desk at DTD.  Amazing that on tickets that were at least 9 years old their records matched what i knoew was on each ticket (3 park days and 4 extras).

Day 2 Another "down day"  Wandered FW, wen to the outlet mall and hung out.  The MBs will not work for the returning guest re-entry gate.  Set up FP+ for day 3.  Once you select your 3 it gives you four options on times and order in which you want to use them.  Easy to use and works for our style of vacation.  We usually know two or three attractions we want to visit, the rest we play by ear.

Day 3 EPCOT  the MBs worked flawlessly for entry to EPCOT.  All our FP+ worked perfectly and all purchases in the park used the MBs also.  Visited HS in the evening and again the MBs worked for entry and purchases.  Once back at the campsite we set up FP+ for day 4

Day 4 MK  Same as the day before, the MBs worked for entry and all FP+.  During the day I wanted to change on of our FP selections and was able to do it on my iPhone using Disney guest WiFi.  WiFi signal seems strong in most parks.

Day 5  Another down day  Discovered that the MBs will not open the comfort station doors or the laundry room.  Still need that KTTW card.

Day 6 Started at AK, went on to EPCOT and then the MK.  Went on the wagon ride at FW in the evening.  The MBs worked well again up to the wagon ride.  The CM could not get his wireless system to work.  He resorted to the old multi part paper form....

So, my thoughts. 

The MBs work well for our style of visiting, but I'm sure it's not for everyone.  As TCD points out, as more people use them the number of FP will quickly go away.  I did note that on multiple rides there were CMs with iPads keeping track of FP and standby wait times.  If I were going to guess I'd say they were trying to figure out how many FP can be issued in a certain time frame without degrading the FP feeling. 

Bugs still need to be worked out.  If the FP can let me in the park, it should be able to let me back in to FW at the end of the day!

With park hopping, the ability to schedule FP in multiple parks needs to be added  A couple of days I would have liked this option, but it is not currently available.

MB/FP+ CMs seemed to be available at almost every attraction to handle issues as they arose.  Listening to them talk, it appeared that the posibilty of increasing the number of FP+ to 4 is bing looked at as well as the multi park option.

My opinion, I liked it - but that is just me.

Were here now, and while our MBs are working great, were still able to use our AP cards to schedule additional FPs. Once that goes away, being limited to 3 FPPs a day is going to suck.

Also, I've tried to reschedule and add so FPPs and the app keeps giving me an error message. I refuse to stand in line at a kiosk behind a group of people who a) don't know how to use it and B) sorry to say, don't have a full command of the English language making the process take twice as long. I just want to push some buttons in my phone and make it happen.

But Disney better rethink the tiered system and limiting FPs. I know those two things will really weigh heavily in our future visits, and renewing our APs.

That said, we are having a great trip to the Fort (except for the fact that a fellow camper a few sites down from us passed away last night) :(

Once that goes away, being limited to 3 FPPs a day is going to suck.

How many did you use to get, and how many should it be? If it does change, big if, it will be to 4 FPs.

sorry to say, don't have a full command of the English language making the process take twice as long.

So a lot of people are in line from NJ?

But Disney better rethink the tiered system and limiting FPs. I know those two things will really weigh heavily in our future visits, and renewing our APs.

I bet you a million dollars that you will still come even if they don't rethink it.

That said, we are having a great trip to the Fort (except for the fact that a fellow camper a few sites down from us passed away last night)

I had nothing to do with that, I wasn't even at the Fort last night.

As someone from Philly, I can fully appreciate the Jersey comment. Jersey week here would be my nightmare :lol:

I'm not saying people should be able to get unlimited advance FPP, but it would be nice/smart if you were able to add FPs as you day goes on. As you are able to with the paper tickets. I like access to three in advance but why not give the option of adding more if you use your three.

I'm sure we will return to Disney, but we probably won't make the trip three times a year (from PA) as we did this year. I can stand in line at Hersheypark! :lol:

My two cents... I loved the fp+ and mbs. The only things I would complain about are the limited fp. On the other hand, I scheduled mine as close as possible then liked that I had set in stone the rest of the day. It was like the best of both they planning and non planning works!

Second, after our dinner at Biergarten our mb was denied for "lack of funds" wtf?? We knew we had PLENTY of money available on the card (in fact, eventually I just handed them the credit card to pay with-no problem). We were unaware that there's a $1000 spending limit on the bands and that if you are close, they will deny it till they take a payment. I missed that part somewhere.

• 1 month later...

Supposedly Magic Bands will now open the gates, but not the CS. When I renewed this morning I only got blank KTTW cards for the CS and I was assured the gate issue and MB's has been fixed. I was told the "big boss" was there the other day and wants the CS issue fixed ASAP.

Supposedly Magic Bands will now open the gates, but not the CS. When I renewed this morning I only got blank KTTW cards for the CS and I was assured the gate issue and MB's has been fixed. I was told the "big boss" was there the other day and wants the CS issue fixed ASAP.

Oh boy, the Big Boss has spoken.

Which means they may have the issue resolved some time this year.

Probably not, though.

TCD

Are you saying that your MB no longer work the gate or CS

Oh boy, the Big Boss has spoken.

Which means they may have the issue resolved some time this year.

Probably not, though.

TCD

Your right... MB didn't open the gate. So now we have a blank card in the car just for the gate. ....:(

This was an issue for WWW.  And when Carol checked us in they wanted to give us just one of those blank KTTW cards for 8 people.  Carol had to push them to give us enough for everyone, as they really did NOT want to do that.