I recreated the Hot Smoked Turkey (and brie and apple) Sandwich from the Contempo Cafe!

First of all, they need to change the name of this sandwich. Hot Roasted Turkey Sandwich sounds boring! That baby has apples and brie on it! It's not just a turkey sandwich.

Here's their description..... (I would have never ordered it unless I read what was on it.)

Hot Smoked Turkey Sandwich

Turkey, Brie, Arugula, Green Apple Slices, Apple Butter, and Honey Mustard on Challah Bread with French Fries, Chilled Sesame Green Beans, or House-made Chips 9.19

Let me tell you the thing is HUGE. We got housemade chips, and Mom and I could have easily shared. I'm not a honey mustard person (plus it has apple butter on it too), so I left off that and the arugula.

Here's the Disney version:

IMG_2655.jpg

I used different bread because it was the best I could find. (I wanted dense bread.) I toasted the inside and spread on the apple butter. I'm making 2 sandwiches because my friend was over, but both of these together are the size of the Disney one.

null-33.jpg

Then I sliced the apples and brie and heated up the turkey. Stacked it all.

null-34.jpg

Then I used my panini press to grill it.

null-35.jpg

Here's my version. Next time, I'll use a little more apple butter and a little less turkey. Let me just tell you though, it was FANTASTIC and definitly satisfied my craving.

null-36.jpg