There is a notation about this in the internal system (i.e., not on the public website) BUT...

Apparently it just showed up and CMs are confused about where/why it is there and if they're supposed to be enforcing this, as reportedly no one in management has discussed or explained it.

And... there's also a notation in the same location that you have to pay for internet service, which has been FREE for quite some time now.

So....  :wacko:

On the plus side, there have been loads of recent reports of tents on premium sites, and so far no reports that anyone has been told they have to move them.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a feeling that not getting a new tag out of this will cost you more than a million bucks!  :rofl2:

I just hope Disney doesn't ban nudity at the Fort.

I wonder if we can get her a tag in an extra long and make sure it covers everything?  :hah:  :rofl2:

And... there's also a notation in the same location that you have to pay for internet service, which has been FREE for quite some time now.

I just started looking at cheap wireless routers yesterday in order to use the supplied (with a deposit) modem and then have wireless in the trailer. Guess i will wait to buy one now. It (the Internet) is worth it for free but I won't pay a charge for it, will just use my unlimited data on my phone.

I just started looking at cheap wireless routers yesterday in order to use the supplied (with a deposit) modem and then have wireless in the trailer. Guess i will wait to buy one now. It (the Internet) is worth it for free but I won't pay a charge for it, will just use my unlimited data on my phone.

I have verified with a Front Desk manager that the internet service and modem are still free, but you still have the deposit and if you have charging privledges on you KTTW you will never see that charge. Unless of course you skip out with the modem. :rofl3:

I would like to encourage everyone who can to get a wireless router. I would like to be able to use my ipad and don't want to shell out any money myself. Please for the benefit of your old pal FWGuy, don't make your wifi secure.

I have verified with a Front Desk manager that the internet service and modem are still free, but you still have the deposit and if you have charging privledges on you KTTW you will never see that charge. Unless of course you skip out with the modem. :rofl3:

To be clear, there have been ZERO reports of anyone being asked to pay for internet at the Fort, or any other resort, since Disney announced it would be FREE ages and ages ago.

I just mentioned that it was on the internal system with the tent info because it seems to suggest that the internal info is not 100% correct.

Can't imagine why CMs are confused...   8)

Here's something weird.

The official Disney site used to have very specific information about what type of equipment can go on each level of site.

I have an old screen cap from what it used to say about partial sites:

partialsite.jpg

But now, if you click on the link to get more information about the types of sites, you get nothing.

Something must be up.

If they are banning tents on premium sites, then they are stupid for having made more than 50% of all the available sites in the Fort premium sites.  From day one, you could put a tent on any site.  If there is a new rule, then more than half the Fort is no off limits to tent campers.

When they unfreeze Walt's head, somebody is going to be in big trouble.

TCD

Here's something weird.

The official Disney site used to have very specific information about what type of equipment can go on each level of site.

partialsite.jpg

But now, if you click on the link to get more information about the types of sites, you get nothing.

Something must be up.

If they are banning tents on premium sites, then they are stupid for having made more than 50% of all the available sites in the Fort premium sites.  From day one, you could put a tent on any site.  If there is a new rule, then more than half the Fort is no off limits to tent campers.

When they unfreeze Walt's head, somebody is going to be in big trouble.

TCD

I was looking on the new site for that information too.  Maybe they are finally trying to stop people from setting up tents so far off their actual campsite. Its not just on the premium loops but the people on the all hard surface site at least had an excuse for setting up a tent in the grass.

Here's something weird.

partialsite.jpg

On the TA site it still looks like the old style and here is what it shows.

The following equipment is best suited to our Premium Campsites:

• Most big-rigs
  • Motor Home
  • Motor Home with Additional Tents
  • 5th Wheel
  • 5th Wheel with Additional Tents
  • Travel Trailer
  • Travel Trailer with Additional Tents
  • Truck/Van Camper
  • Truck/Van Camper with Additional Tents
  • Pop Up Camper
  • Pop Up Camper with Additional Tents

I was looking on the new site for that information too.  Maybe they are finally trying to stop people from setting up tents so far off their actual campsite.

Well they did issue the proclamation almost 2 (?) years ago about people needing to have all their "stuff" ON their campsite.  I think it was the same year that the new "decorating guidelines" were issued.

Of course as in all things, they promptly didn't enforce that at all. We were there not long after and recall seeing tents on the 300 loop that were actually setup in the grass on the dog walk along the canal - waaaaaaaay off the sites they belonged to.

So now, instead of just enforcing the rules they made and informed people about in a reasonable fashion, so that people get in the habit of knowing what is and isn't allowed, they're going to go into "crack down" mode and punish everyone?

yep... sounds about right...

• Most big-rigs
  • Motor Home
  • 5th Wheel
  • Travel Trailer
  • Truck/Van Camper
  • Pop Up Camper

Well, given you can't stake a tent down on the pavement, those would be what's best suited to Premium site, but certainly doesn't mean it's impossible to put a tent on the pavement - you just have to be a little creative about it.

Maybe they are trying to close the staying offsite rent a campsite loophole. Who knows. Or stop that one group that over runs the fort with 50 people on a site every year they stay in tents.

Also possible, although I strongly suspect that people using the Fort just to get EMH perks aren't even bothering to go to the trouble of putting a tent up.

Just for the record about the cable modem for Internet. I got one in July. All they needed was my site number and signature. No deposit and no KTTW. I didn't have charging privileges on it even if they had asked.

Thanks Brent. That confirms what I've been hearing for a while now.

• Most big-rigs
  • Motor Home
  • 5th Wheel
  • Travel Trailer
  • Truck/Van Camper
  • Pop Up Camper

That looks similar to what I recall used to be on the official site available to the public.

If I wasn't already painfully familiar with the ineptitude of the idiots who run the Fort,  I would be surprised by the fact that there is no information on their website informing guests of what the different site designations mean.  Especially if they're making a major policy change.

Maybe they are trying to close the staying offsite rent a campsite loophole. Who knows. Or stop that one group that over runs the fort with 50 people on a site every year they stay in tents.

That would be nice.

The problem is those folks are usually on the partial hook-up loops.

If they're really going to prohibit tents on the premium sites, then it's going to be awful on the partial through preferred level sites.  And, it's going to be much harder to get reservations for those site levels.

Just for the record about the cable modem for Internet. I got one in July. All they needed was my site number and signature. No deposit and no KTTW. I didn't have charging privileges on it even if they had asked.

Yeah, they've really loosened up on how they keep track of their stuff.  I had to check out a cable converter box during my stay in May.  They just have a notebook with hand-written sheets of paper to keep track of who has checked out a box.  When I returned it, the CM handed me back my sheet of paper.  As far as I could see, nothing is entered into a computer.  Very low tech.  Back in the day- the deposit for the cable modems actually showed up on your portfolio, but was reversed when the modem was returned.

TCD

Well, given you can't stake a tent down on the pavement, those would be what's best suited to Premium site, but certainly doesn't mean it's impossible to put a tent on the pavement - you just have to be a little creative about it.

OH I beg to differ with you my dear, the first time we were in site 602 I didn't notice until we were ready to leave but someone had driven concrete nails into what was a relatively new site at the time. I don't know how I missed them for over a week but as I was cleaning up I tripped over one of them, they were sticking up about a quarter of an inch, looking around I found four of them around the site. They weren't off to the side like they were for an easy up, more like in the middle of the site for a tent.

OH I beg to differ with you my dear, the first time we were in site 602 I didn't notice until we were ready to leave but someone had driven concrete nails into what was a relatively new site at the time. I don't know how I missed them for over a week but as I was cleaning up I tripped over one of them, they were sticking up about a quarter of an inch, looking around I found four of them around the site. They weren't off to the side like they were for an easy up, more like in the middle of the site for a tent.

That would be real good for the trailer tires if you parked on one for a week. 

Bobby said he is concerned that the Premium loops are becoming tent cities. He is not into that look. Tear em down.

Maybe what they mean is you can not put just a tent on the premium site, with a camper already there is fine not just a tent. I have seen that in a lot of campgrounds they do not want tents on full hook up sites, why it should matter because it's not like they are going to charge less money as most campgrounds have a set fee per site not per what you put on it. JMO that's all

Yeesh.  Not exactly what I had in mind, but I'd say that qualifies as "creative"  8)

Maybe they are finding more & more of that. It would be a good reason to say "NO TENTS".

Maybe they are finding more & more of that. It would be a good reason to say "NO TENTS".

Well, what did they expect when they paved the entire pads, yet still advertised the sites as being appropriate for tents?

Add to that how they cleared out all the wilderness, and the open spots adjacent to many of the pads that look perfect for a tent.

TCD

Its like any other rule they have at the fort. Its there to be inforced when the powers to be see fit to do so. "They have a leg to stand on" persay. We will see what happens in October when the big top goes up this year...lol ;)

I don't think that it applies to canopies.. JMHO