• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two pics from Fantasyland this morning. The first is on the bridge leading to the new restaurant (not yet open but you can peak inside) and the second is from the Arielle clamshell ride.

The next batch of attractions is scheduled to open by the end of the year. They are the princess laden "Enchanted Forest", which will include the "Under the Sea, Voyage of the Little Mermaid" ride

And that's the way it should stay!!!

From WDW News Today...

DSC00076-L.jpg

The LED lighting makes Dumbo look glorious at night

DSC00081-L.jpg

DSC00082-L.jpg

DSC00085-L.jpg

DSC00086-L.jpg

DSC00091-L.jpg

You DO need a Magic Feather

DSC00093-L.jpg

DSC00096-L.jpg

DSC00097-L.jpg

DSC00098-L.jpg

DSC00101-L.jpg

DSC00103-L.jpg

DSC00105-L.jpg

DSC00108-L.jpg

DSC00109-L.jpg

DSC00111-L.jpg

The eerie blue light in the Train Station is weird…

DSC00114-L.jpg

DSC00115-L.jpg

The screen based signage doesn’t blend well at night

DSC00117-L.jpg

DSC00118-L.jpg

DSC00123-L.jpg

Props from various Goofy shorts are in the loading area

DSC00124-L.jpg

Some others tie-into the posters and stunts outside

DSC00127-L.jpg

DSC00128-L.jpg

DSC00133-L.jpg

DSC00135-L.jpg

DSC00137-L.jpg

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/8983

Construction update from MousePlanet...

The following is a listing of interesting items from paperwork filed with Orange County in the last week:

• Magic Kingdom Fantasyland Expansion – area development package - phase 1 (chateau #1 and tunnel).
  • Magic Kingdom Fantasyland Expansion – area development package - phase 1 (restaurant).
  • Magic Kingdom Fantasyland Expansion – area development package - phase 1 (BV merchandise).
  • Magic Kingdom Fantasyland Expansion – area development package - phase 1 (cottage #1)
  • Magic Kingdom Fantasyland Expansion – area development package - phase 1.
  • Magic Kingdom Fantasyland Expansion – exterior rockwork package - restaurant and cottage.
  • Magic Kingdom Seven Dwarf Mine – installation of facility ride column steel.

http://www.mouseplan...d_Resort_Update

From the Disney Parks blog...

The Adventurous Tale of the Great Goofini at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on March 27th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Earlier this month, we celebrated the “soft-open” of phase one of Storybook Circus, which included the debut of Dumbo the Flying Elephant and Barnstormer featuring the Great Goofini.

Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) has given Barnstormer an entirely new backstory, which can be seen in circus posters found throughout Storybook Circus.

nfp058943SMALL.jpg

nfp895233THUMB.jpg nfp908345THUMB.jpg nfp509823THUMB.jpg nfp456658THUMB.jpg nfp398051THUMB.jpg nfp389054THUMB.jpg

Here’s the description, straight from WDI:

“The greatest show in the kingdom, The Storybook Circus, has just come to town and set up in beautiful Carolwood Park. There’s fun and pageantry to be had for everyone. But if it’s thrills you’re after, The Barnstormer featuring Goofy as the Great Goofini is one attraction you won’t want to miss!

“The circus’ fearless daredevil, the Great Goofini, has become the resident flying ace for his latest spectacular showcase of aerial acrobatics and bravery. It’s ‘plane’ crazy and sure to leave you breathless.

“And that’s just the beginning! The Great Goofini will stop at nothing to amuse and entertain his audience. The Canine Cannonball, the Reckless Rocketeer and Bear Wrasslin’ are just few of his notable feats of peril showcased in fully illustrated posters that line the circus walkways.

“So the next time you visit the Storybook Circus in search of some excitement, keep your eye out for the Great Goofini. You never know if he’ll be blasting, crashing, or soaring through the skies, but you know you’ll definitely have a good time watching!”

Hmm, there seem to be some hidden nods to Disney history here, both in the description and in the posters themselves. What hidden details can you find?

For more information on New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park, check out the posts below:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/03/the-adventurous-tale-of-the-great-goofini-at-magic-kingdom-park-2/

From WDW Magic...

Mine Train coaster rises above the construction walls in the new Fantasyland

Mar 28, 2012

Today we have a latest look at the construction site in the new Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom. The Mine Train coaster is really starting to show signs of vertical construction now, as a large wall is now visible over the construction wall. Head to the photos below for a look at the area, and as always, click the thumbnails to view the large versions.

Photos by WDWMAGIC

Fantasyland_Thumb_15542.jpg?Expires=1332987577&Signature=SCMyti59pl2XVjU3iM3fF-9cfBBK-H9ySHRmUQFJIRc1Y9mfkchPFPaZSFXUkPycjUiPCDyv40cD0vgD5Fm9Y6lv%7EWdb45WwnKQVc1ByLBC3G3-0rZY4w1Ma6jPJWCFQKqcwzsgU6vosaak4T6v6By-lWLvfUMECT9arzYlIzG4_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

Fantasyland_Thumb_15543.jpg?Expires=1332987577&Signature=gVP0zT0Lq3UkZlES7B99enULyvoJmQdxG81gsF73jKFtCh0WcnyowmWRG6ft8ksDEAEhCVwprikPj9tmtqwBfoSa52YxAu1PkhwUXkX3%7E-%7ErcSGnmMd6pHa6gmzoNzlsgC1kGcReeeyNxobnIw%7Ek7vXKD-zbJ46Y9tF-lSP%7Eg1c_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

Fantasyland_Thumb_15544.jpg?Expires=1332987577&Signature=deNwtAbFDLhcmuXQ3-xiH1wsfIhpprBVMnGBzg1VBTGpHtfVP8k711MjZ1F79-g-77YC615oi3lZJCiKRIGBL0ZhnuRbEqH6y784FvrXrdLQn0zqYNii10K1XIFTIfGKrdaUuiVnUYRLnflS0Raor9lEVnRgDYg0TmXBXIGb7-k_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

Fantasyland_Thumb_15545.jpg?Expires=1332987577&Signature=Um9uNySjaq3Dp%7EkgVzWvvYGz61t0CFkt8NdBviMEZR3NBgjpi6oaZMsp5QyN3zSnOrTYIZa-qLqtYx5v6pEP9B9s4ubscdcdYCEPZqcA6xw0%7EimyQ7KiIPYtkAA44%7EZtzIRPiIa4U79Jdv6DT9rLQz59%7EC1q4cg88XD3%7EgNqZBs_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

Fantasyland_Thumb_15546.jpg?Expires=1332987577&Signature=huPKSYu7Z15nQMUx1s-AIdbsUmLn8C-1NH4ZJman-6Q5WQ-i238mSyq4B6oMogZxej3G8BXwyAQLAKv4kV6pmoQUHdjUVZXuG2O5G8uB1FumPAR4EO8xoXD9bjoeIYRHUevQB5xe0A0AWtxQNwVdDgy5T0NdpJavINn4wF4Z05g_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Fantasyland/News/28Mar2012-PHOTOS---Mine-Train-coaster-rises-above-the-construction-walls-in-the-new-Fantasyland.htm

From WDW News Today...

Courtesy of Scott Keating and

scottkeating.net, we once again have some fantastic aerial photos of Fantasyland to share with you:

i-TzS4Qfg-800x531.jpg

The base of the old Dumbo is still lingering, guess it isn’t that easy to completely remove…

i-rvChWF4-800x531.jpg

A lot going on here: The bridge that will serve as the entrance to the Be Our Guest Restaurant is nearing completion, the Mermaid queue entrance is out from behind scaffolding and appears mostly complete with the exception of pavement, and we can now make out a distinguishable footprint for the Seven Dwarves Mine Train

i-RNjgMjk-800x531.jpg

Another angle shows that Gaston’s Tavern is far behind the other buildings in the village

i-hFTjR29-800x531.jpg

We can now see where the Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station is going in Storybook Circus, but what lies beyond it in the tents is mostly a mystery…

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/9039

A few more from WDW News Today...

Even More Aerial Pictures of New Fantasyland – March 2012

Mar 30, 2012 by wdwntadmin

Courtesy of Scott Keating and

scottkeating.net, we once again have some fantastic aerial photos of Fantasyland to share with you:

i-sWV2Wk9-800x531.jpg

Supports for the Seven Dwarves Mine Train are going up

i-spcPfxN-800x531.jpg

The base of the Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station is in place at Storybook Circus and the second tent is now fully covered

i-pnb8Bxd-800x531.jpg

A lot of work still to go on the second Dumbo spinner

i-jqXvkRJ-800x531.jpg

The bases for the Castle Walls are starting to go in at the old Dumbo site

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/9065

From The Disney Blog...

New Fantasyland Update – Vertical Construction on Mine Train Coaster has Begun

Posted on March 31, 2012 by John Frost

Popped into the Magic Kingdom for a late afternoon stroll and was surprised to see how much work has progressed in the last two weeks. Not only has the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train coaster gone vertical, but lots of little details have been added to the already detail rich Storybook Circus area. Let’s go see, shall we:

00-minetrain-vert-2-500x357.jpg

Here’s some of the vertical infrastructure going up for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Note how tall it is and there isn’t even a show building yet.

00-minetrain-vert-1-500x315.jpg

Here’s another show showing how tall the show building will be. Much of the view of New Fantasyland we’re used to will be blocked by the mine train ride.

00-gaston-village-500x370.jpg

Work continues on the exterior of Gaston’s Village.

00-prince-eric-tower1-500x336.jpg

They’re also doing some cosmetic surgery on one of the towers at Prince Eric’s castle. Apparently they did not learn the lesson of the Little Mermaid VHS cover and it was judged to be too phallic in appearance.

00-fantasyland-wall.jpg

On the far left of the expansion, they’ve started to hide some of the backstage areas with nice rock work.

00-storybook-waterplay-500x314.jpg

Jumping to Storybook Circus the water play area themed to Casey Junior is coming along nicely. Might be open in time for summer. Also much more of the smaller red tent is covered. Still find it ironic that the 2 temporary structures of Toon Town Fair remain while the rest was replaced.

00-train-toontown-1-500x345.jpg

Speaking of old Town Town, the water tower and utility buildings at the train station have been repainted to match Carolwood Park colors. But it is another remnant.

00-train-details4-500x387.jpg

More details have been added to the train station exit area. I like these water barrels with the elephant names from Dumbo, including Dumbo.

00-train-details2-500x390.jpg

A few more details added to the suitcases and trunks too.

00-train-details3.jpg

Great tie-ins to other Disney properties.

00-train-details1.jpg

I’m pretty sure this is a tribute to Bongo. Does anyone else recall that his stage name was Red?

That’s it for this brief update. I hope to have more next week. Which detail do you like the most?

http://thedisneyblog.com/2012/03/31/new-fantasyland-update-vertical-construction-on-mine-train-coaster-has-begun/#more-16368

I posted what I think are the first Fiend photos of the soft opening in my TR this morning: http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/5767-david-and-gwen-battle-the-spring-break-crowds/page__st__220. Page 12 if the link doesn't take you straight to them.

From the Disney Parks blog...

Time-Lapse Video: New Fantasyland Springs To Life at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on April 11th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Who’s up for a fun look at the New Fantasyland expansion?

Walt Disney Imagineering just shared an updated time-lapse video with us that offers a bird’s-eye view of how this area is shaping up. See for yourself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osUhlOyt7lg

For reference, the area on the left will be Enchanted Tales With Belle, Beast Castle (which will contain the Be Our Guest Restaurant), and Gaston’s Tavern. The buildings and rockwork on the right side will house the Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid attraction.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/04/time-lapse-video-new-fantasyland-springs-to-life/

From WDW Magic...

Latest Fantasyland construction site views from high above

Apr 12, 2012

Today we have another eye-in-the-sky view of the Fantasyland construction site. A big thank you as always to the man in the sky Scott Keating for providing these great shots, and be sure to click on the thumbnails to view the large versions.

You can also visit our dedicated Fantasyland discussion board to talk with other fans about the expansion, and check out our previous construction photos in the archives.

More Sharing Services Share|Share on facebookShare on google_plusone

Copyright 2012 by Scott Keating

Fantasyland_Thumb_15614.jpg?Expires=1334283543&Signature=Io9TY4jHFEm7BGyCq7BVKG5iW%7EisDSHiAc2W1gxkHOlfLi-kVE0inyrg9QzeLdIJMw2vi%7EJGGsYF5hWj1kIqJBTZwm3jiD%7EBb5WsSvdzkoprji5tS%7EsKYXfWFQYA-X3pQFE1iVa3sR68k3%7EfXGimqGVQ8jeie80oH3jAo7PJzNI_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

Fantasyland_Thumb_15615.jpg?Expires=1334283543&Signature=atoei7AMA%7EtBoZpDUQvmk36f226vGejAK1tz%7EQOZ7eIgFDqAlPaCKNu4VRecXDjvKKtQMWWZTc3ZUjqbAvyvns%7ErFG6O0z2OtN1JNFdu2BNYNPABz5n2r3fKAsFvTS91RO5x4lZU7o7s1QHSk5Ty%7E5Ut1B0J4wKjn9j%7ExPYS3Lk_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

Fantasyland_Thumb_15616.jpg?Expires=1334283543&Signature=C3Ve3QP3L3lzcZPI9TXaXTZFV2QYunZDiQHpXPCQSeBLQix1IElSA7uJkl-bLesgW%7EY1qf0uWOsQw5Gr0ubPVbUClMEenrmL2WsDablBsZh3prx6o4IulW6jFbMzvf0E-j25CTzf2tyCJTMzMmVT0jwrBG1FI-%7EIeatwWpFfnMA_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Fantasyland/News/12Apr2012-PHOTOS---Latest-Fantasyland-construction-site-views-from-high-above.htm

From WDW News Today...

A New Fantasyland Aerial Update – April 2012

Apr 13, 2012 by wdwntadmin

Courtesy of Scott Keating and scottkeating.net, we once again have some fantastic aerial photos of Fantasyland to share with you:

i-XF4GQmk-800x531.jpg

The former site of Dumbo looks clear and more Castle Walls are rising. Also interesting is that the excess Mermaid rock-work will hide a cast access road.

i-rrhqh3j-800x531.jpg

Gaston’s Tavern is still far behind the rest of the buildings in the Village as some are already getting roof shingles

i-DGLBnjC-800x531.jpg

I’d wager that we’ll see waterways and pathways within the next 6 weeks

For more aerial pics of other areas...

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/9176

From WDW News Today

"Also interesting is that the excess Mermaid rock-work will hide a cast access road."

Not to be picky, but if they don't get the minor details right, can they be counted on for getting other details right?

If any of the flunkies at WDW News Today really knew behind the scenes at MK, they would know that there is no cast access road there.

It's a high security gated entry road used mainly by buses and vendors.

Excerpted from MiceChat. Follow the link at the end for the full article and more photos...

BE OUR GUEST RESTAURANT AND BELLE MEET AND GREET:

Here we have the exteriors of the Belle meet and greet and the Be Our Guest Restaurant.

3354IMG_2238.jpg

9305IMG_2227.jpg

4431IMG_2217.jpg

THE LITTLE MERMAID:

We hear that the ride is essentially done on the inside and would be ride-ready within the next few months. However, due to its placement in the construction area it is inaccessible to guests. The exterior queue continues to amaze as more details are added each week.

2281IMG_2216.jpg

1465IMG_2236.jpg

1538IMG_2237.jpg

SEVEN DWARFS MINE COASTER:

Last week, we showed you that the mine coaster had finally gone vertical. But since then, there isn't much new for us to show you here.

6903IMG_2225.jpg

9793IMG_2233.jpg

http://micechat.com/blogs/orlando-parkhopper/3403-space-mountain-upgrades-new-busch-gardens-emporium-sea-world-updates-uni-more.html