From WDW Magic...

Barnstormer testing and second Dumbo spinner base in position

Feb 04, 2012

The Barnstormer was being tested yesterday and we were lucky enough to catch some video of the train leaving the lift (Many thanks to ScottJ for the video). Also of note in the video is that you can see the second Dumbo base already installed. This is giving the impression that when Storybook Circus reopens in March, both Dumbos will perhaps be operational.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5EWiaAprj8

http://www.wdwmagic....in-position.htm

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two pics from Fantasyland this morning. The first is on the bridge leading to the new restaurant (not yet open but you can peak inside) and the second is from the Arielle clamshell ride.

The next batch of attractions is scheduled to open by the end of the year. They are the princess laden "Enchanted Forest", which will include the "Under the Sea, Voyage of the Little Mermaid" ride

And that's the way it should stay!!!

New pics from WDW News Today...

A Look at New Fantasyland From High Above Cinderella Castle

Feb 6, 2012 by wdwntadmin ico_post_comments.png1 Comment ico_post_date.png Posted under: Photo Reports, The Magic Kingdom

Some Walt Disney World cast members were sent pictures taken from the large crane that was over Cinderella Castle a few days back, and the look into New Fantasyland is exquisite:

image001.jpg

The Enchanted Tales with Belle and Be Our Guest Restaurant show building

image004.jpg

Belle’s Village including Gaston’s Tavern and Bonjour Village Gifts

image005.jpg

Work continues on the former Mickey’s Toontown Fair tents, they will open late this year

image006.jpg

The Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid building

image007.jpg

The Fantasyland Station looks great, but the Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station is nowhere to be seen

image008.jpg

The installed Dumbo spinner

image010.jpg

An overall look

image002.jpg

Not Fantasyland, but how often do you see this view?

image003.jpg

image009.jpg

I smell a new iPhone wallpaper…

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/8700

Some new pics from WDW News Today. See full post for more.

IMG1961-L.jpg

Prince Eric’s Castle is coming along nicely at Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid

IMG1962-L.jpg

IMG1965-L.jpg

IMG1967-L.jpg

Beast’s Castle

IMG1968-L.jpg

IMG1969-L.jpg

IMG1970-L.jpg

IMG1972-L.jpg

IMG1975-L.jpg

Paint going on the silver portion of the Dumbo tent

IMG1978-L.jpg

IMG1986b-L.jpg

IMG1990-L.jpg

A look toward Storybook Circus

IMG1993-L.jpg

Still can’t see into the tent…

A column remains in “Dumbo Ditch”

IMG1996-L.jpg

IMG2003-L.jpg

IMG2013-L.jpg

Construction being filmed by Disney

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/8749

New aerial photos from WDW Magic...

PHOTOS - Latest Fantasyland construction site aerial imagery

Feb 12, 2012

Today we have another latest look at the Fantasyland construction from overhead. A huge thank you as always to Scott Keating for providing these great shots, and be sure to click on the thumbnails to view the large versions.

Have a look back at our previous aerial photos at the links below, and other construction photos here.

February 3 2012, January 13 2012, December 5 2011, October 3 2011, August 8 2011, August 1 2011, July 15 2011, May 26 2011, April 19 2011, April 13 2011, March 24 2011, March 15 2011, January 24 2011, January 4 2011, December 8 2010, November 13 2010, August 16 2010, July 19 2010, June 14 2010

Share|

Copyright 2012 by Scott Keating

Fantasyland_Thumb_15134.jpg?Expires=1329189582&Signature=U223H65LyB8F2LgCCKndDUk0ZedyUOxlnSyNgqjGCXQmVknVNZZbMauthFBhGEbcYRpAFk6f4wYypVW%7E26cMrRQyYtMTdr5McToV5P2CynS3FIo9ieW5r3HwwpomGBhIEyn0yjWOIucKrmqqnYJCVqgnv5xe2aI7vPcxzAi2Hb0_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

Storybook Circus Fantasyland_Thumb_15135.jpg?Expires=1329189582&Signature=bFRoecIun1T71V9wdpaRj-SdYL5AfHai0jjV5EoNrF8-38Ih2rDZE5z-v-L5wr4EFxyI%7ExN3N2iStK-2hE2a7LwBi7GlOTo%7EkP%7EC34AXILpKKAMPUnBgM4pKpeHI5y2M2psxWc%7EMbtUJ8KKj40F-edRGQJHaNuk7gbG9WelKFUg_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

Storybook Circus in the top right, Little Mermaid upper center, Beauty and the Beast far left, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coster center Fantasyland_Thumb_15136.jpg?Expires=1329189582&Signature=kSmW8ki0GtdNL2h6T2IeSZOScy7Q8ritkvBu-uUL64RAsx4hxkB3v6vOG6b6lDdnsyv-WKx37FHLbTU1L3G3DWwJC%7EYfvF3f%7EtSWELHJ-goMtI9%7E3Hv9RzhPswLvLgj7JM%7EectGgq2zNKc%7EYx3bdbZ45iDwQo5R9-8GpqjeW8sU_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

Fantasyland_Thumb_15137.jpg?Expires=1329189582&Signature=Ysem4d28o7Kl9egFrw6lOtWt1gd4kG%7EezKtCjeWgJnOHZcyMB1BIFhzeY4zh30k3IrJvLHy%7Ex9hQ9r9DDuhf9AWwevqMlWOgK9IRAYQkE4ruDSF241AnbmgNWP1iQaOJi-U7G204efKoAY9FLFUof5mWZ1Bcoxt5lieTl2WvZGE_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Fantasyland/News/12Feb2012-PHOTOS---Latest-Fantasyland-construction-site-aerial-imagery.htm

Cool new aerial photos from WDW News Today...

An Aerial Look at the New Fantasyland Progress – February 2012

Feb 14, 2012 by wdwntadmin ico_post_comments.pngNo Comments ico_post_date.png Posted under: The Magic Kingdom

Courtesy of Scott Keating and scottkeating.net, we once again have some fantastic aerial photos of Fantasyland to share with you:

i-dkBQKKC-800x531.jpg

The foundations for the Seven Dwarves Mine Train are now in place, the old Dumbo is now history, and it looks like an extension of the Mermaid rock-work is about to begin to make the show building not visible from Storybook Circus

i-ML8X473-800x531.jpg

The queue for Enchanted Tales with Belle seems further along than any other project, so it’s possible that may open first

i-nFvwv7r-800x531.jpg

Prince Eric’s castle is looking good, but the rest of the facade is far from finished

i-TB8x7m5-800x531.jpg

Dumbo and the Fantasyland Station are nearing completion, meanwhile, the Barnstormer is complete with the exception of some landscaping and queue decorations. The Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak area is still nowhere to be found.

i-kmTMMDD-800x531.jpg

Added Bonus: Here’s a look at the on-going Big Thunder Mountain refurbishment

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/8753

From WDW Magic...

PHOTO - First section of the new Fantasyland castle wall unveiled

Feb 18, 2012

The first section of Fantasyland's new castle wall has been unveiled this morning as the walls in this area have been partially removed. When complete, this wall will mark the boundary between the existing Fantasyland castle courtyard and the new expansion into Fantasy Forest. Thanks to @RyanPJenks for the photo.

Share|

Photos by @RyanPJenks

Fantasyland_Thumb_15183.jpg?Expires=1329600010&Signature=KP-8mY3BdLrVwPv9i4k7A7pF85lxZSWE82QCQDABYy2rSCFg4LAs0GIP-TAt2-JFYKfpi0keGupkGu%7E6USkVNdDK-Zmj5EikizhvALWWT1F-VLJsE-aSrbWmJ7GI1uX0Ed7GXcxDmGEUD46F9T6Kkqnog306puqvXCvF2gGnv0k_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Fantasyland/News/18Feb2012-PHOTO---First-section-of-the-new-Fantasyland-castle-wall-unveiled.htm

More photos from AllEars...

Fantasyland Expansion

Photos February 13, 2012

Magic Kingdom

Check out January's Gallery

Prince Eric's Castle at Under the Sea - Little Mermaid Ride

UndertheSea_Feb2012btn.jpg UndertheSea_Feb2012etn.jpg UndertheSea_Feb2012atn.jpg UndertheSea_Feb2012ftn.jpg

UndertheSea_Feb2012ctn.jpg

Belle's Cottage

BelleCottageFeb2012atn.jpg BelleCottageFeb2012btn.jpg BelleCottageFeb2012ctn.jpg BelleCottageFeb2012dtn.jpg

Beast's Castle

beastcastleFeb2012btn.jpg beastcastleFeb2012ctn.jpg beastcastleFeb2012dtn.jpg

beastcastleFeb2012atn.jpg

Dumbo

dumboFeb2012btn.jpg dumboFeb2012ctn.jpg dumboFeb2012atn.jpg dumboFeb2012ftn.jpg

dumboFeb2012dtn.jpg

http://allears.net/tp/mk/mk_fantasylandexpansion.htm

Excerpted from Orlando Theme Park News. Follow the link at the end for lots more photos...

iokbvb.jpg

Work on the Barnstormer continues:

wm1551.jpg

Near the Speedway:

n5isrp.jpg

hrk74j.jpg

The roof of the second outdoor queue has been painted as well:

30c4oqf.jpg

The older Dumbo:

15x0bxi.jpg

New lights are currently being installed all around the area:

2hd6rgp.jpg

A closer look at some of them:

6857ar.jpg

The Storybook Circus station:

2u5aknb.jpg

The two other tents will soon receive their new outer covers. They will both look much nicer than the former Mickey's Toontown Fair tents (only the "shell" of the tents is the same. All the rest has been changed):

vrps7m.jpg

The Big Top:

28wmr02.jpg

Beautiful rocks adorn the short walls throughout the place:

292s5yw.jpg

Moving over to the other side of Fantasyland, we noticed that a section of the new Castle Walls has been revealed. They really look very nice! We can't wait to see the entire wall going through the land:

rbi6fb.jpg

29deqt3.jpg

2sb0nk6.jpg

10xd3q9.jpg

rmpqa9.jpg

xql0es.jpg

20r605t.jpg

Check out these new themed lights!:

2i09agm.jpg

The Beauty and the Beast's themed area:

2iqczcx.jpg

Maurice's Cottage:

ogamv5.jpg

Beast's Castle:

hvwaw6.jpg

Belle's Village:

2zjj58z.jpg

2643mth.jpg

fuywi1.jpg

1z5j028.jpg

]11rt747.jpg

Prince Eric's Castle is already really stunning:

ff4ia0.jpg

<a href="http://orlandoparksnews.blogspot.com/2012/02/fantasyland-update-castle-walls_19.html">http://orlandoparksnews.blogspot.com/2012/02/fantasyland-update-castle-walls_19.html

From MousePlanet. I'd consider this a rumor until we hear any other corroborating info.

Construction work on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train has been accelerated, and we're hearing that the attraction may open in early 2013 rather than later in the year. A great deal of the dirt filling the former 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea lagoon has been excavated, and is likely to be the location for the "mine underground" sections of the attraction.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/9889/Walt_Disney_World_Resort_Update

From the Disney Parks blog...

Part of New Fantasyland’s Storybook Circus Will Open By Late March at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on February 23rd, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Who’s ready for an update on New Fantasyland? I just heard that the first elements of Storybook Circus will open by late March, marking the first in a series of progressive openings for the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom Park history.

cjf018371SMALL.jpg

Among the first experiences to open will be one carousel of Dumbo the Flying Elephant, a re-themed Barnstormer starring the Great Goofini and the Fantasyland Station of the Walt Disney World Railroad.

goo496753SMALL.jpg

In designing Storybook Circus, Imagineers were inspired by Disney’s animated film, “Dumbo.” When complete later this year, the area will be filled with multicolored circus tents and other nods to the film. The section will also feature Casey Jr., the famous locomotive from the movie, who has rolled into town, bringing the circus with him.

Beyond Storybook Circus and as we mentioned in a previous post, the Disney Princesses will be getting a new home at the location where Snow White’s Scary Adventures is today. The last day of operation for this attraction will be Thursday, May 31.

We look forward to sharing more with you throughout the year as our work progresses.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/02/part-of-new-fantasylands-storybook-circus-will-open-by-late-march-at-magic-kingdom-park/

From WDW News Today...

AJ P’s 2/12 Walt Disney World Resort Photo Report

Feb 25, 2012 by wdwntadmin ico_post_comments.png2 Comments ico_post_date.png Posted under: Disney's Animal Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Downtown Disney, Epcot, Photo Reports, The Magic Kingdom

WDWNT reader AJ P. was nice enough to offer us some newsworthy photos they took on their recent trip to Walt Disney World, so let’s take a look around all 4 parks and Downtown Disney:

photo-2-L.jpg

Land clearing continues for the Grand Floridian DVC wing

photo-1-L.jpg

photo-4-L.jpg

photo-5-L.jpg

the rain left some large puddles

photo-3-L.jpg

photo-1-L.jpg

Welcome to the Magic Kingdom

photo-3-L.jpg

Chamber of Commerce behind tarps

photo-4-L.jpg

The Bakery as well

photo-5-L.jpg

On to New Fantasyland

photo-1-L.jpg

Work being done on the facade of Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid

photo-4-L.png

photo-3-L.jpg

Large walls popping up on the site of the Seven Dwarfs’ Mine Train

photo-3-L.jpg

photo-1-L.png

Supports and such for the Mine Train in the foreground, Storybook Circus tents in the background

photo-2-L.jpg

A green and red wall will separate the forest from Storybook Circus

photo-4-L.jpg

photo-5-L.jpg

photo-3-L.jpg

photo-4-L.png

A look across to Belle’s Village

photo-2-L.png

photo-1-L.jpg

The remains of Dumbo right in front of an expanding Castle Wall

photo-4-L.jpg

photo-2-L.png

photo-4-L.jpg

photo-1-L.jpg

photo-5-L.jpg

photo-3-L.jpg

photo-5-L.png

Dumbo is coming along quickly

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/8821

More from WDW News Today...

First Look at Completed Section of New Fantasyland’s Castle Walls

Feb 27, 2012 by wdwntadmin ico_post_comments.png1 Comment ico_post_date.png Posted under: Photo Reports, The Magic Kingdom

WDWNT reader AJ P. found some more pictures from her trip to share and these few are pretty interesting…

phot5-L.jpg

The first completed section of the Castle Wall has been revealed

phot-4-L.jpg

It stands right near the pit left by the old Dumbo

phot-1-L.jpg

All that remains is a stroller parking sign

phot-3-L.jpg

It looks great!

phot2-L.jpg

The wall will soon stretch across this area

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/8830

Love all the new photos Mo. I don't even try to peek over the wall anymore (Like I would really see anything) I know our content queen will post the good stuff. Isn't it time you got a raise? ;)

For someone terrified of heights, those crane shots made me :wetpants:

But Lou, it's a CASTLE wall! ;)

Love all the new photos Mo. I don't even try to peek over the wall anymore (Like I would really see anything) I know our content queen will post the good stuff. Isn't it time you got a raise? ;)

Yes, yes it is! I want a 99% raise!!! :rofl2:

I only wish I was there and able to take the photos myself. Right now I feel like "the Disney squirrel" running around gathering information and photos and storing them up.

For someone terrified of heights, those crane shots made me :wetpants:

Those really were wild.

From MousePlanet...

While the Walt Disney World website still lists Dumbo the Flying Elephant as returning to operation on May 12, Jennifer Fickley-Baker posted on the Disney Parks Blog last Thursday that the first elements of Storybook Circus will open "by late March." We have not yet been able to reconcile these two dates, but we will apparently see the first of the Dumbo spinners (the new clockwise-spinning one, as the old counterclockwise one is still being refurbished), the rethemed Great Goofini roller coaster, the new Fantasyland train station, and perhaps the Casey Jr. Splash Zone some time between mid- and late-March. As it was noted in an interview with Imagineer Chris Beatty on the MouseStation podcast, dates are always in flux because you never know what's going to happen on any given construction project.

In the same post by Fickley-Baker, a closure date was finally released for Snow White's Scary Adventures. If you want to see the attraction, you'll need to see it by May 31, as that will be its last day. The attraction will be gutted to make way for Princess Fairy Tale Hall, a highly-themed meet-and-greet for the Disney princesses.

Snow White's Adventures opened with the Magic Kingdom on October 1, 1971. Guests were confused when they did not see Snow White within the attraction, not understanding that they were supposed to be Snow White. On December 16, 1994, the attraction reopened as Snow White's Scary Adventures following major renovations that put the title character into the attraction in multiple places.

Princess Fairy Tale Hall was not an original part of the New Fantasyland plan announced by then-chairman of Disney Parks & Resorts Jay Rasulo at the 2009 D23 Expo. The original plan featured not only the Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid-themed areas currentl under construction, but also Cinderella's chateau and Aurora's (Sleeping Beauty) cottage, giving guests four princess-themed meeting places. Disney Fairies were also originally to have their own meet-and-greet location in Pixie Hollow. When the project was rethought in mid-2010 and modified in early 2011, the Cinderella and Aurora locations were gone, replaced by the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train roller coaster—and the princesses were to be assigned to the new Princess Fairy Tale Hall. With the new coaster carrying a Snow White theme, it was decided that the current Snow White attraction was expendable and could be converted to house multiple princess meet-and-greets. The coaster and Fairy Tale Hall are expected to open in late 2013 or early 2014.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/9893/Walt_Disney_World_Resort_Update

From WDW Magic...

Dumbo re-opening date pushed back to March 31

Mar 06, 2012

The Dumbo re-opening date has been pushed back to March 31 from the original March 12 2012. This would go along with Disney press releases indicating a "late March" opening of the first phase of Storybook Circus in the new Fantasyland. We understand that Cast Members will be in Storybook Circus next week, which would seem to fit the timeline with a few weeks of training and test and adjust. As we saw from yesterday's aerial photos, new inner walls have been setup inside the outer perimeter construction walls to make the finished areas available to guests when the land does infact open.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Fantasyland/News/06Mar2012-Dumbo-re-opening-date-pushed-back-to-March-31.htm

More from WDW Magic...

PHOTOS - New Storybook Circus inner construction walls indicate what will be open to guests later this month

Mar 05, 2012

Thanks to WDWMAGIC Forum member Scuttle for grabbing these aerial views of Storybook Circus in the new Fantasyland. What is particularly interesting about the images is the addition of red construction walls throughout Storybook Circus inside the existing perimeter construction walls. This would seem to strongly indicate which areas will be open to guests once the first phase of Storybook Circus opens later this month. Right away we can see that the new Dumbo will be open, but the old relocated Dumbo will not, as this area is completely walled off and so far only the base of the ride system is in place. Also walled off are the two Big Top circus tents, and what should become the water play area. The new train station, restrooms, and the rethemed Barnstormer all look clear of walls and ready to open with the first half of Dumbo. Disney has still not set an exact date, other than "late in March".

More Sharing Services Share|Share on facebookShare on google_plusone

Photos by Scuttle

Fantasyland_Thumb_15270.jpg?Expires=1331090341&Signature=VXTd0oIvawZYt8Na0GwcyOan5m-2CYrdNw3v90EhHVtPnCmq1pEEUY9Ecjqu3xzCnKyzK60iliEfeYchp%7Ewf1frX07%7EhC%7EZyAdev%7EHhSY53iT5s%7EOZVSgGcelTlo2KJTfxnLcURBwp-NM2WKRLfSq917i0JZqZMgbFokkKZg2Lk_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

Fantasyland_Thumb_15271.jpg?Expires=1331090341&Signature=HWVtKxolQAVQ8uFxxNLvRViJrs1NCAmA3BjzO4t1%7EWyBZ5TKqm10vMohIRi%7EL2fShQVmy02QzV2jCEx2xH9H5gJjtHa9L6R3cb9mE4HK1NifTUuFaEohhXccDQ6bmkLVG02p6lvd1r1npZNjKuQfY0FbOjdhYsncCqxFLC6SfKA_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

Fantasyland_Thumb_15269.jpg?Expires=1331090340&Signature=WDcJbDfmUdZh8Xd3Qcg1CHQxKwVj8YzUfOjEE1CV97iRtvlOXsqcCyzA8qbv9XbLwCiSapYRSp7kcvBd6PH5I9mCh-cR%7EGfSAvVWV5dFxxjPLmrsriqJmNwMvpug7WJgqvzpVC3d-m%7Ef%7EgV6xHYk%7ElrDCQbUhhPl37LFtRWKTOk_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

Fantasyland_Thumb_15268.jpg?Expires=1331090340&Signature=WBryZeNKTm7LOC%7EDdgi9TQmcj86%7Ejy4amkjjMjFwjkvJKCKQOJG28U4cdMejo2zJdgygINA6sdAJ1QdGUyaj5ackfz%7Er4REF3mPCDC79M1Eg-XsSk2RaD5RqlyiV1-gYSF-XYjs-uTjkAxvf03gwK6iHFapBMntNi%7En5Ec--GVs_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Fantasyland/News/05Mar2012-PHOTOS---New-inner-construction-walls-indicate-what-will-be-open-to-guests-later-this-month.htm

From the Disney Parks blog...

Weaving Costumes into the Storytelling Fabric of New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on March 2nd, 2012 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

Some of the first areas of our New Fantasyland expansion at Magic Kingdom Park will be opening by late March, featuring a re-imagined version of The Barnstormer and a relocated Dumbo the Flying Elephant attraction. When they debut, cast members working in these areas will be wearing new costumes inspired by the “Big Top” setting of Storybook Circus.

The Creative Entertainment Costuming team worked with Walt Disney Imagineering to develop these designs to bring the environment of Storybook Circus to life. The bold colors evoke the spirit of the ringmaster or sideshow barker, while the tails and detailing provide a period look of the 1930s.

In this video, you’ll see how the partnership between Walt Disney Imagineering and Creative Entertainment has produced an entire collection of unique costumes to be worn by cast members in each area of New Fantasyland, creating a rich sense of place and community.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chwv0UWRvTw

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/03/weaving-costumes-into-the-storytelling-fabric-of-new-fantasyland-at-magic-kingdom-park/