Ok, I just watched the video about the creation of the underwater grotto for Ariel. So basically, they demolished an underwater attraction, 20k leagues, to replace it with another underwater attraction?

Right??

I know one thing, I'm not waiting in the sun for 2 hours to ride this one like I did as a kid for the last one.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two pics from Fantasyland this morning. The first is on the bridge leading to the new restaurant (not yet open but you can peak inside) and the second is from the Arielle clamshell ride.

The next batch of attractions is scheduled to open by the end of the year. They are the princess laden "Enchanted Forest", which will include the "Under the Sea, Voyage of the Little Mermaid" ride

And that's the way it should stay!!!

From WDW News Today. Follow the link for more photos...

DSC02329-L.jpg

The huge Fantasyland model has moved in at One Man’s Dream

DSC02330-L.jpg

super cool

DSC02331-L.jpg

DSC02332-L.jpg

DSC02333-L.jpg

Princess Fairytale Hall won’t change the exterior of Snow White too much according to the model

DSC02334-L.jpg

DSC02335-L.jpg

A sign explains the model to guests

DSC02336-L.jpg

Some stuff isn’t labeled, like Triton’s Treasures, Ariel’s Grotto, and some minor facilities like restrooms, food stands, etc.

DSC02337-L.jpg

Some interesting points to note from this artwork:

• Pete’s Silly Sideshow is the entire second tent towards the back and it appears it will remain a meet and greet experience only. We know Goofy should be there, but no other characters have been announced yet.
  • The unlabeled building next to Pete’s Silly Sideshow is probably the Humphrey the Bear counter service location that has been rumored, but again, we have no further confirmation.
  • You can make out the train lines that lead to the Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station if you look closely at Storybook Circus.
  • Triton’s Treasures (the Little Mermaid gift shop) does not appear behind the Mine Train anymore, so it may be gone from the plans altogether.
  • The unlabeled building between Gaston’s Tavern and Bonjour Village Gifts is a restroom facility.
  • You can see the track layout of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, including when it goes through the show building with the dark-ride type scenes.

DSC02338-L.jpg

So I guess they will be done by 2013 unofficially?

DSC02339-L.jpg

The Mine Train looks pretty awesome

DSC02340-L.jpg

DSC02341-L.jpg

A closer look at the Mine Train track layout

DSC02343-L.jpg

DSC02344-L.jpg

DSC02345-L.jpg

DSC02346-L.jpg

The recent rockwork expansion at Little Mermaid is present

IMG1195-L.jpg

DSC02353-L.jpg

A look over the walls at Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/9472

Inside the Magic has an update, including photos and a video...

Preview: Inside the new Dumbo ride big top where Walt Disney World replaces long lines with pagers, interactive games

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2012/06/preview-inside-the-new-dumbo-ride-big-top-where-walt-disney-world-replaces-long-lines-with-pagers-interactive-games/

Thanks for the link and photos relating to the Fantasyland model.

We checked this out on our last visit.

I never heard the rumor about the Humphrey the Bear quick serve.

Another thing I haven't heard much about is what exactly is going in to that tent attached to the Double Dumbo. They say it's an interactive queue, but look how big it is on the drawing (it's marked with a "G") :

DSC02337-L.jpg

The model also shows that the building behind the tent is huge. Much bigger than they need for a queue. I think there is something else planned for this building, but I haven't heard what.

TCD

Not sure what the building you're referring to is, but the expansion will require many additional CMs and those CMs will need a "Cast Services" building to support them. Could that be what that building is?

Lou- you can see the building that I was talking about in the bottom right corner of this photo:

IMG1195-L.jpg

It is huge.

There's a new entry on the official Disney Blog from today that reveals this will be an interactive queue the likes of which we have never seen before. It looks like it is going to be a huge indoor playground.

In fact they just issued a response if a guest asks a CM about the interactive queue.

If they ask, seeing that it's open, can we experience it now?

CMs will answer as follows.

"The big top tent for Dumbo the Flying Elephant will be opening in July. We are periodically play-testing elements of the interactive play area, but I'm unable to share if any testing is taking place today."

In fact they just issued a response if a guest asks a CM about the interactive queue.

If they ask, seeing that it's open, can we experience it now?

CMs will answer as follows.

"The big top tent for Dumbo the Flying Elephant will be opening in July. We are periodically play-testing elements of the interactive play area, but I'm unable to share if any testing is taking place today."

Very interesting.

That sounds like soft openings are about to start.

Here's a link to the Disney Blog entry from today: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/sneak-peek-kids-will-star-in-the-show-at-the-big-top-tent-at-dumbo-the-flying-elephant/

TCD

From the Disney Parks blog...

Sneak Peek: Kids Will Star in the Show at the Big Top Tent at Dumbo The Flying Elephant

posted on June 4th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Walt Disney Imagineering just shared new details with the Disney Parks Blog about the new interactive queue area that will open at the big top tent at Dumbo the Flying Elephant in New Fantasyland this July.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrc1kSl_05s

This innovative queue area will completely redefine what it means for guests to prepare for a Disney attraction. Here’s how it will work: Guests arrive at Dumbo’s big top and receive a circus ticket pager that virtually holds their place and notifies them when it’s their turn to board the attraction. Kids (and kids of all ages) can then become part of the show inside the tent by enjoying circus-themed play experiences, while Dumbo flies high above.

Here are some photos of what you can expect!

dum118943SMALL.jpg

dum228943SMALL.jpg\ dum448954THUMB.jpg

dum338954THUMB.jpg

For more New Fantasyland updates, see the posts below:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/sneak-peek-kids-will-star-in-the-show-at-the-big-top-tent-at-dumbo-the-flying-elephant/

I just watched that Dumbo video.

All I have to say about that is the idiot imagineers who designed this obviously have never been to a Chuck E. Cheese.

The video looks great with a few kids playing around in there.

But that place is going to be a mad house when it is full of kids.

It also reminds me of the playgrounds that McDonalds restaurants used to have. Around here, most of them have been removed. They were too crowded and not safe.

When my kids were that size, I would not want them running around a room with a bunch of strangers in it where I couldn't see them at all times. This playground looks like it will be very hard to keep an eye on your kids.

My early opinion is that it looks very cool, but this is going to end up being a source of problems.

TCD

All I have to say about that is the idiot imagineers who designed this obviously have never been to a Chuck E. Cheese.

How many times do I have to tell you people that the Disney Imagineers should be called the Imagineneerless.

The best and the brightest engineers are not working at Disney.

Any half witted engineer knows that Disney is not a good company to work for.

They don't pay what engineers can make elsewhere. They don't use the best and latest in engineering tools, and their management style is ridiculous.

The engineers that end up there, and stay there, are the awestruck, mostly younger, engineers that think Disney is a leader in technology.

How do you know this Lou?

At the height of my career, here comes a bragging part, I was one of the brightest and the best at what I did and I did get an interview. That's when I found out how advanced Disney really is, not very.

When I got called for another interview, I told them thanks, but no thanks. I think I'll retire and drive a bus instead.

Everyone goes gaga at the animatronics at WDW, but the robotics engineering being done in high volume factories world wide makes the DIsney stuff look like toys. That's because that's what they really are, toys.

All in The Details: Tinkering in Maurice’s Cottage at New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on June 12th, 2012

by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

We’re back this week with another inside look at an attraction that’s coming to New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park.

mau229456SMALL.jpg

This time, Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) has shared a glimpse inside Maurice’s Cottage, which is the room that welcomes guests to the Enchanted Tales With Belle meet-and-greet experience. Here, guests can explore the tinkerer’s humble cottage and workshop. According to our WDI friends, a few of Maurice’s unique inventions even decorate the place!

mau119456SMALL.jpg

What do you think? Which “Beauty and The Beast” experience are you looking forward to most when New Fantasyland opens this holiday season: Enchanted Tales With Belle, the Be Our Guest Restaurant, or Gaston’s Tavern?

mau339456SMALL.jpg

*Many of you asked, in the comments section of last week’s post, about openings. Here’s the most updated info we have at this time:

Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and follow @WaltDisneyWorld on Twitter for the latest on the New Fantasyland expansion. While you’re on Twitter, join in the conversation by using the hashtag #NewFantasyland.

Look below for more “All in the Details” from Walt Disney Imagineering:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/all-in-the-details-tinkering-in-maurices-cottage-at-new-fantasyland-at-magic-kingdom-park/

Word from the Mouse is that the construction walls have been "adjusted to reveal" Dumbo #2 but it is not yet opened to guests.

More testing may be taking place in preparation for the official opening, currently scheduled to occur "by July."

Keep your ears and eyes open if you're there, as this can sometimes mean sporadic soft openings if you're in the right place at the right time!

And if anyone can snag any photos to share, we'd love to see them!

All in the Details: Building a Grotto Under the Sea in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on June 19th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

We’re back this week with more photos of an attraction that’s coming soon to New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park – and something tells me that fans of Disney history are really going to like this one!

This time, Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) has given us an up-close look at the detailed queue that will lead guests into the Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid attraction.

bag293857.jpg

Let’s look at how WDI really used detail here to set the attraction’s tone and tell a story: The queue starts out by winding guests through the remains of an old shipwreck. The wood is faded from the sun, balustrades are missing, and the wreckage is dotted with starfish and algae.

bag523894.jpg

Further along, guests will find themselves enveloped by the towering rocks on which the ship perished, with the path leading into caves under Prince Eric’s seaside castle.

bag723066.jpg

Examining the surrounding rocks up close, it looks like the wooden ship wasn’t the only watercraft to meet its end in this area.

What do you think? Which attraction should we feature right here next week?

Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and follow @WaltDisneyWorld on Twitter for the latest on the New Fantasyland expansion. While you’re on Twitter, join in the conversation by using the hashtag #NewFantasyland.

Check out more posts in the “All in the Details” series from Walt Disney Imagineering:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/all-in-the-details-building-a-grotto-under-the-sea-in-new-fantasyland-at-magic-kingdom-park/