• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two pics from Fantasyland this morning. The first is on the bridge leading to the new restaurant (not yet open but you can peak inside) and the second is from the Arielle clamshell ride.

The next batch of attractions is scheduled to open by the end of the year. They are the princess laden "Enchanted Forest", which will include the "Under the Sea, Voyage of the Little Mermaid" ride

And that's the way it should stay!!!

Nah... lots of people here contribute plenty and deserve it more.

Deserving will have nothing to do with it. However, contributing (to FHF) will have lot to do with it.

And what makes you think I even like Mo and Brian anyway?

You haven't met them, have you?

It kills me to say this but, I'm fortunate to call them both my friends.

It's a pleasure to work with Mo and I know full well how hard she works to post all that great stuff.

Deserving will have nothing to do with it. However, contributing (to FHF) will have lot to do with it.

It's a pleasure to work with Mo and I know full well how hard she works to post all that great stuff.

I love how you sacrifice for FHF. I just wish we were there during the preview and I had enough in my charity budget at the time. :heartsmiley:

As for liking Mo, your phone likes them even if you don't... just saying. :rofl3: :rofl3:

try and help a girl and look what she does.....

:heartsmiley:

I do appreciate it, but I know where Lou's going with this and it's all about the FHF... as it should be. :)

Mo, you could probably get media credentials to get in early. You have a very important position with the pre-eminent Fort Wilderness and WDW boards on the internet. You just need a fancy title. Somehow, I don't think Queen of Content would get you in. How about SVP of All Things Interesting?

Ooh Dave, I like how you think!!!

Now if only they'd buy me showing up wearing a crown and a Snarky™ shirt as being legit press. :rofl2:

:tounge-smiley:

:heartsmiley:

As for liking Mo, your phone likes them even if you don't... just saying. :rofl3: :rofl3:

:rofl2:

Just saw that the Grand opening will be December 6th!! I'll be there, I'll be there!!!!! WooHoo!!!!!!!

This is the day we're planning to leave for home, and we'd hoped to log 12 hours on the road before stopping. May have to rethink that, because I would so love to be there for the grand opening!

From the Disney Food Blog...

Be Our Guest Restaurant Opens December 6, 2012, in Disney World’s Fantasyland

Aug 7th, 2012 by AJ.

UPDATE: According to some responses on the Disney Parks Blog, “We’ll begin accepting reservations for Be Our Guest in late August for guests who wish to dine after Nov. 19. Stay tuned for more details!” Since “previews begin November 19th”, I’m guessing this means the restaurant may be soft-opening after that date. So those of you with reservations after November 19th have a great chance of getting in!

_________

Finally, we have the details on an opening date for Be Our Guest Restaurant and Gaston’s Tavern in Walt Disney World’s New Fantasyland!

This expanded Magic Kingdom land will feature new rides and attractions as well as two highly anticipated restaurants.

Be Our Guest Restaurant

Starting December 6, 2012, enjoy an enchanted meal surrounded by the lush decor of the Beast’s Castle in the Beauty and the Beast area of the New Fantasyland.

Beast-Castle.jpg

Beast's Castle in the New Fantasyland

Guests will be able to dine counter-service (fast food) for lunch and table-service (sit-down) for dinner, experiencing one of three magical dining rooms: the Library, the West Wing (home of the enchanted rose), or the golden-colored Ballroom that we all remember from the movie.

You’ll be able to make reservations for this experience in late August. Sign up for our Disney Food Blog Newsletter to see details first.

See the Be Our Guest Restaurant menu as well as more photos and details about Be Our Guest Restaurant here!

Gaston’s Tavern

Also opening December 6, 2012, this fun quick-service location will be the epitome of perfection as Gaston’s famed portrait presides over the restaurant.

Gaston-Statue-472x625.jpg

Gaston Statue

While we don’t know too much about Gaston’s Tavern yet, we are wondering how many raw eggs will be on the breakfast menu! icon_wink.gif

See more photos and details about Gaston’s Tavern here!

Don’t forget to see more photos and details on our Be Our Guest Restaurant and Gaston’s Tavern index pages here!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/08/07/be-our-guest-restaurant-opens-december-6-2012-in-disney-worlds-fantasyland/#more-63220

From WDW News Today...

Go Inside Enchanted Tales, Gaston’s Tavern, Be Our Guest Restaurant, & Journey of the Little Mermaid in New Fantasyland!

Aug 8, 2012 by wdwntadmin

Disney released a video to cast members showing the current state of New Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom. You must watch this…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QIaRV8Wo9A

The video gives a first-time inside look at Enchanted Tales with Belle, Gaston’s Tavern, the Be Our Guest Restaurant, and Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid. There’ even a look at some castle wall and Seven Dwarfs’ Mine Train construction. Let’s closely examine some screenshots: [follow link below]

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/9759

I'll take that bet! I think I need to arrange for a "design day" at work so I can be sure to be home and online early.

Then I'll get a shirt made that says, "I helped crash Disney's Dining System" and wear it to our meal at Be Our Guest.

yeah, I probably won't get the ADR either...

From WDW Magic. Follow the link for more photos...

PHOTOS - Amazing aerial views of the new Fantasyland

Aug 09, 2012

Hot on the heals of this weeks announcement of opening dates for the new Fantasyland, we have an amazing view of this spectacular new land from high above. A big thank you as always to Scott Keating for shooting the photos.

Now that the final details are being added, you really get a sense for how close this project is to completion. The Beast area looks ready to open imminently, notice the interior construction walls that are blocking off areas of construction.

As always, click on the thumbnails to view the large versions

Copyright 2012

by Scott Keating

Fantasyland_Thumb_16115.jpg?Expires=1344565206&Signature=m9J2GSsK21ENxVj6kU%7EOzpQvUPPFE3fLktr%7EuywKeXOev%7EBxTQAFdWbWZ6tUqtCrLVMMMUKhMlEA7HFtWU6iI-Mt7Ei8wXUBk2z3j93twT1kIXVpHWK35vDamnaRdDl8zbEKmZ-wLf84H3Q33irlLD5foV2nVbuHAmnUzos7cc0_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

Fantasyland_Thumb_16116.jpg?Expires=1344565206&Signature=ZCcHd22N-qhI6iPniruAjFSruB0EpKOoyg-Zm1SYj0ulydCjlg0woEjlwyMl5Uw5BhvM2xIf7isbEre9cm03Qt6Jf4uQK4L89iCX9YMsDyS-Ll%7E5Ca5OIGWJvuTb3OstogiQ%7EUPMTYYnMr%7ETJNaY4AXBvHmQYwkINTbZ8eBRFSk_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

Fantasyland_Thumb_16117.jpg?Expires=1344565206&Signature=bitOFoxWXODSsrW-6zl972WCpBoujyx0D%7EoQP0wBpb6N8SDA5YzGDYOPI1Y%7EXkoZtVz1q5QvkWB%7EGJs37MMQ7p-i5zYQCsECKT%7E9M2NrMUf2dnHRU1MuG9BnG1fYns5oIqGmWts18PWsBXfSFaqDTnmRP3OtvHB2dVsXADi3vJ8_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

Fantasyland_Thumb_16119.jpg?Expires=1344565207&Signature=nV0RwABzj96wPS2aM07-4S1u0FbHT52q1vVhiAP7IxgeCep1jk91Qi6vRaAGZhzxoSJS4iDeFYVhegOs7WZIid8CbdzpBbiFKo9%7E4L1PDTQzHdnTeacJ8N1IFThfomh-ySzDE2-dij49c4koy8LmVVGEW9dlf0SGMfxUeu30VGo_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

Fantasyland_Thumb_16120.jpg?Expires=1344565207&Signature=ZaHQrPTO0EJ9lyAECk3eI4wVKXKnyFyLElGM3dNA1jNSN5KkrCCpCKv0uXCf3%7E8FxrJgcDqRNZKWKV1NtD%7ELB%7E%7EqonrGvKh3Q4kBznPXgSbRxO%7EuN5-7BKzan6HGTIdHYwasCY%7EgmnWTiviNg2w7svWN5XkWx%7Eigu13QNlmtCLg_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

http://www.wdwmagic....Fantasyland.htm

Excerpted from WDW News Today. Follow the link at the end for lots more photos...

DSC07443-L.jpg

Castle Wall construction rolls on

DSC07444-L.jpg

DSC07448-L.jpg

The Seven Dwarfs’ Mine Train is being enclosed

DSC07451-L.jpg

It may look like snow on top of Under the Sea, but they are actually installing real grass as they weren’t happy with how the green paint looked

DSC07452-L.jpg

You can actually see the entrance to Big Top Souvenirs now

Let’s see how the Dumbo interactive queue is doing

DSC07456-L.jpg

DSC07457-L.jpg

DSC07460-L.jpg

DSC07460-L.jpg

DSC07461-L.jpg

DSC07464-L.jpg

Pretty cool system the Cast Members sue to track the capacity

DSC07465-L.jpg

It was pretty busy

DSC07473-L.jpg

My favorite part of this queue?

DSC07474-L.jpg

LED fireworks!

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/9786

We had a nice chat with a manager type at Dumbo on this past Friday night. The interactive queue was closed for EMH, and there really weren't many folks riding Dumbo. We did get to walk through the new building and see the playground area. The manager also showed us one of the pagers, and set it off for us. The pagers play Timothy the mouse's voice announcing that it is your turn to ride. They did a great job on this.

I also got some pretty interesting info on how the new Fastpasses will work. There is going to be a centralized area for the new Fastpasses, and for a while at least, the current type will still be dispensed from the machines.

TCD

From the Disney Parks Blog...

All in the Details: Imagineers Add Character to Belle’s Village in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on August 14th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

This week, our “All in the Details” post is taking on a video twist thanks to our friends at Walt Disney Imagineering, who recently installed the centerpiece of Belle’s Village – an elaborate bronze statue of Gaston and his sidekick, Lefou.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_SZ8CWz0Ss

As Imagineers Ted Robledo and Chris Kelly explain here, the statue’s design of Gaston and Lefou juggling leaky barrels and mugs was inspired by both Gaston’s boisterous temperament and the fountain Belle visits early in the film as she is reading. Ted and Chris also walk us through the detailed process it takes to create such an elaborate bronze statue – from building a clay maquette to choosing specific shades of bronze for the piece.

For reference, the fountain sits in the center of Belle’s Village in New Fantasyland. The building that appears behind the fountain is Gaston’s Tavern, while the structure directly across is Bonjour! Village Gifts.

And as we shared last week, each of these experiences will grand open December 6 (with general previews beginning November 19).

Don’t miss the other video sneak peeks that Walt Disney Imagineering has previously shared here on the Disney Parks Blog, including a behind-the-scenes look at the installation of three massive chandeliers and a French countryside mural in the Be Our Guest Restaurant.

Cool article on Inside the Magic showing how the plans for the new Fantasyland expansion changed from when they first started to now. Here's a quick preview...

fantasyland-evolution-460x600.jpg

Follow this link for the full article and lots more images...

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2012/08/new-fantasyland-evolution-walt-disney-world-modifies-concepts-artwork-while-magic-kingdom-expansion-takes-shape/