WDWMagic has also posted a photo tour of the new Fantasyland that includes Belle's Village, Gaston's Tavern, Bonjour Village Gifts and Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid...

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/fantasyland/news/12oct2012-photos---take-a-tour-through-belle%27s-village,-gaston%27s-tavern,-bonjour-village-gifts,-and-under-the-sea---journey-of-the-little-mermaid.htm

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two pics from Fantasyland this morning. The first is on the bridge leading to the new restaurant (not yet open but you can peak inside) and the second is from the Arielle clamshell ride.

The next batch of attractions is scheduled to open by the end of the year. They are the princess laden "Enchanted Forest", which will include the "Under the Sea, Voyage of the Little Mermaid" ride

And that's the way it should stay!!!

WDWMagic has posted a schedule of soft opening/previews of the Enchanted Forest section of the new Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom...

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/fantasyland/news/13oct2012-guide---fantasyland-soft-opening-and-preview-schedule.htm

Highlights include:

Soft openings expected to continue this week from 10am-6pm

Open to anyone

Cast member previews October 20, 21, 22, 23 24, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 31, November 1, 2

Expected that regular park guests will not be admitted during these times

Annual Passholder previews Nov 3, 10 & 11

D23 member previews Nov 3 & 4

DVC member previews Nov 4 & 5

Official previews for all guests start on November 19, 2012

As this will still be a soft opening/preview, possible that things could close at any time during these days

Official GRAND OPENING December 6, 2012

Let's try this again. My last attempt went away... I'll be saving this as I go to make sure I don't loose it again.

My friend Joyce and I spent last weekend in a cabin at The Fort. We made it a point to visit Fantasyland since a new section was open for "dress rehersal".

The part that has been open the longest is near Tomorrowland Speedway.

The double Dumbo was open but I didn't get a good picture because of the angle of the sun.

171.jpg

The Barnstormer

170.jpg

Casey Jr Splash "n Soak

165.jpg

166.jpg

179.jpg

A very nice, large gift shop

182.jpg

184.jpg

A train station

175.jpg

Nice imagineering

176.jpg

177.jpg

Impressive restroom building

178.jpg

Meet and Greet

180.jpg

Then we followed the fence around to the new section:

255.jpg

Disney just posted this to Facebook...

Passholders, due to strong demand, we are working quickly to create additional New Fantasyland preview opportunities for you and will share more details by the middle of next week. Here is a note from Debbie Hart, the director of experience services here at Walt Disney World Resort.

Dear Passholders,

We are aware that some of you had difficulty in trying to sign up for a New Fantasyland preview earlier this week and appreciate your candid feedback. We understand how precious your time is and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

The demand for New Fantasyland has exceeded even our expectations and we are working quickly to create additional preview opportunities. We expect to be able to provide more details by the middle of next week via email, as well as at www.disneyworld.com/passholder and on this page.

We value the special relationship we have with you as passholders and want to assure you that we are committed to making every experience you have with us the best it can possibly be.

Sincerely,

Debbie Bellavia-Hart

Director, Guest Experience Services

https://www.facebook.com/DisneyWorldPassholders

Then we followed the fence toward the new section:

186.jpg

242.jpg

200.jpg

Entry to Be Our Guest restaurant

190.jpg

Off the main lobby to the right is a room lined with armor. We were not allowed in; but, the CM told us it leads to the area where lunch orders are placed. Supper is seated.

197.jpg

191.jpg

Main dining room

193.jpg

Imagineering in the lobby

195.jpg

194.jpg

196.jpg

Under The Sea Journey of the Little Mermaid

The entry reminds me of the Nemo Clamshell rise at Epcot.

214.jpg

215.jpg

216.jpg

219.jpg

221.jpg

222.jpg

This is the loading area

224.jpg

Soon after your clamshell begins moving, it turns around backwards (similar to Haunted Mansion) and you go under water

228.jpg

Look up...

229.jpg

Beautiful colors

231.jpg

232.jpg

235.jpg

237.jpg

240.jpg

As you leave the ride..

244.jpg

245.jpg

Great pics! I took some of the same ones Sunday afternoon and evening. Also, just an FYI, a cast member told me (I know, I know. I should stop there based on my recent track record) that the dining room we saw in Be Our Guest was one of three that size. That's a LOT of tables and noise from the marble floors.

Under The Sea Journey of the Little Mermaid

The entry reminds me of the Nemo Clamshell rise at Epcot.

214.jpg

215.jpg

216.jpg

219.jpg

221.jpg

222.jpg

This is the loading area

224.jpg

Soon after your clamshell begins moving, it turns around backwards (similar to Haunted Mansion) and you go under water

228.jpg

Look up...

229.jpg

Beautiful colors

231.jpg

232.jpg

235.jpg

237.jpg

240.jpg

As you leave the ride..

244.jpg

245.jpg

This is the one I am looking forward to the most. I love the Little Mermaid movie!