Since the M.O. seems to be to have Starbucks take over a prominent place and displace something that guests like, I am guessing that at DHS, it will be the Writer's Stop, which will stop serving carrot cake cookies.  Not to worry though, guests will be offered the delightful array of Starbucks baked goods freshly made in a factory in New Jersey, wrapped in Saran wrap, and shipped in for their enjoyment.

At AK, it will be the Flame Tree BBQ.  Guests will love sipping their skinny latte's at the waterside seating overlooking EE.  Don't worry- if you want BBQ, they'll have a bunch of pre-cooked stuff that you can purchase over at the old McDonald's location in Dinoland USA.

TCD

At AK, it will be the Flame Tree BBQ.  Guests will love sipping their skinny latte's at the waterside seating overlooking EE.  Don't worry- if you want BBQ, they'll have a bunch of pre-cooked stuff that you can purchase over at the old McDonald's location in Dinoland USA.

TCD

So I might miss the writer shop (not yet had one of those cookies) but as long as they dont' take over the Yak & Yeti....

Since the M.O. seems to be to have Starbucks take over a prominent place and displace something that guests like, I am guessing that at DHS, it will be the Writer's Stop, which will stop serving carrot cake cookies.

They better take over the Starring Rolls Bakery instead, because I will start warming up the cannons if that carrot cake cookie goes away.

Think... Dave/Aaron + Cinnamon Rolls x 1,000

:holysheep:

They better take over the Starring Rolls Bakery instead, because I will start warming up the cannons if that carrot cake cookie goes away.

Think... Dave/Aaron + Cinnamon Rolls x 1,000

:holysheep:

Starring Rolls is actually a more likely candidate.  I was just trying to stir up the anti-Starbucks folk.  But, as Dave said, all of their give a damns must be busted.

At AK- I would guess they will commandeer some space in one of the gift shops there near the tip board.

TCD

But wait... there's more...

Starbuck's will be opening next year at Downtown Disney in the current Wetzel's Pretzels location.

A second Starbuck's kiosk will be opening near the World of Disney in the DTD Marketplace.

Work is expected to begin on these locations in October. No word yet on an official opening date.

But wait... there's more...

Starbuck's will be opening next year at Downtown Disney in the current Wetzel's Pretzels location.

A second Starbuck's kiosk will be opening near the World of Disney in the DTD Marketplace.

Work is expected to begin on these locations in October. No word yet on an official opening date.

In the meantime, every time I've looked in the MK Starbucks there are more employees in there than there are customers.  Granted, it has been summer, and most people aren't hankering for a hot cup of coffee.  Still, I think they misjudged this.  Knowing Disney, it's Starbucks that is going to loose on this deal, not Disney.

TCD

Granted, it has been summer, and most people aren't hankering for a hot cup of coffee. 

Have you seen the steady stream of people going into Starbucks on hot days for their 600 calorie milkshakes Frappuccinos? 

Of course, these people will put down the average Joe sitting at Sonic drinking a shake (1/2 price after 8pm, by the way).  But their $5 mocha extra froth light whip double triple venti frappuccino is mui chic. 

Here are my 2 cents.  Of course with inflation they are negative numbers - so all readers will probably have to pay to read, but....

I love Disney.  I like Starbucks.  I do enjoy a specialty coffee from there every now and then - especially when I have a gift card from a student.  Those grande or venti treats are a treat, a pick-me-up, from my everyday life.  You know, those days when you are NOT at Disney.    Soooooo, I don't NEED Starbucks when I am at the World.  Granted, the Nescrape wasn't doing it for me, but hey - I'll just have a Mickey bar instead. 

I hate to see favorite shops pushed aside for any corporate company.  Can't people just be happy with the on site magic???

I will be grinding and brewing at the camper while at the Fort. If you are there and get up early like I do, stop by. No Bucky's burnt venti grande latte crap for me.

We have a Nescafe kiosk at our mall and I will get a cup there once in a while just for a Fort fix.

I also always brew my own while camping.  I like to get coffee at Kona too. 

We have a percolater pot that permanently lives in the camper for a reason.  And I think there might actually still be some real live straight-from-Hawaii Kona coffee left in the cupboard too.

Disney Food Blog has posted pics and info on the new Starbucks location at the Fountain View Cafe, located in the Future World section of Epcot...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/09/04/first-look-starbucks-opens-at-epcots-fountain-view-cafe/#more-90953

Excerpts...

Breakfast-Sandwiches-Fountain-View-450x6

Breakfast Sandwich Menu.

Fountain-View-Menu-600x150.jpg

Menu. Click image for larger version.

Frappuccino-Menu-Fountain-View-600x542.j

Frap Menu!

Pumpkin-Spice-Latte-Fountain-View-600x39

Pumpkin Spice!

Bakery-case-Fountain-View-600x448.jpg

Bakery case.

Fountain-View-Disney-cupcakes-600x425.jp