Monkey Business At Da-FIENDed Creek!

Go Braves.

I can totally handle the BACON pics.

Bring em on!

I'll have to see what I have....

Was there a place to get a good ooey-gooey and warm cinnamon roll?

That is the real question.

Go Braves.

There used to be a really nice little bakery in downtown Carthage that had the BEST cinnamon rolls.  But the darn thing closed a couple years ago and I heard it was turned into a Starbucks. 

Go Braves!

WEGL, WEGL, War DAMN Eagle!

War Damn Ed! 

:rofl2:

In the low 50s I'd be wearing my winter coat with the hood pulled over my head.  I might leave off the scarf.  In the low 40s I pull out a heavier coat and add the scarf and gloves.  In the low 30s or below I don't even want to go out of the house until spring.

I can always find ways to cool off in hot weather, but it's hard to get warm in the cold!

It's funny how different people are. 

Hey Bob- If you're reading, I am currently doing the Tomahawk Chop to express my approval of Dave's latest update.

Man, if I had been there, I would have been fighting Dave to get my face down into that crockpot.

Dave-I cannot get over the lake view you had from your site.

Amazing.

TCD

The crockpot wasn't big enough for two faces. 

I never, ever, tire of that view. 

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Fiends invaded Da-FIENDed.....I mean, Defeated Creek Corps of Engineers Campground this weekend!    Yes, Defeated Creek.  DIT's favorite (except maybe for the Fort) campground!  If you're not fami

I have to say, I am very pleased with how this little trip report is turning out.  There are enough sidebars, tangents and hijacks to annoy the heck out of Bob.  I'm having fun!

I can tell you everynight since the mad Gorrilla sighting I have had to check closets and under neath beds for Izzy and Xander, I gave them the glow necklaces and I wish we had video of the lot of the

Wondering if any if the other fiend kids there came home with bug bites or possibly poison ivy? Jessica has a bunch on her arms legs and stomach. Taking her to the doctor here soon.

Izzy Boo has some nasty bites that seem to be a little above the norm.

I'm glad you like the gravy Dave, I make it the way my grandmother taught me and it never fails me :) 

This was a wonderful weekend, Kayla is missing the kids already, we really need to get them together more often!

What great pix. Izzy looks good and healthy. I'm glad a Yankee can appreciate good biscuits and gravy.

We got bumped in Baltimore this summer and we always stay at a embassy suites hotel when we travel. At breakfast my DD8 asked for biscuits and gravy, my DD does have he cutest southern accent, and the lady told her "we don't eat them things in the big city". I laughed and told her she was missing out.

Go braves.

Yankees can certainly enjoy good southern cooking.

Call us Yankees all you want.

Just don't call us Yankee fans.

Go Braves.

Go braves!

I said Yankee with love in my heart. My father was born and raised in the Bronx's. So I'm part Yankee by blood. But I'm a southern by choice.

Go Braves!

Time to move along....but ever so slowly.  Remember, gotta drag this out. 

So, I will relay one more story, with a few pictures, and then sit back again.  Feel free to comment on the update, or anything really.  Hijacks are encouraged in this trip report.  They really annoy Bob. 

So, there was a tree at the back of our campsite.  Some of the branches extended above the firepit, and it was clear that some people have some really big fires at Defeated Creek.  One entire section of branch was charred and dead. 

Before breakfast, my girls were all sitting with us and we were looking at the dead branches.  I asked them to pull them down so I could use them for kindling later.  So they each tried jumping up and grabbing the branch, with no luck.

DSCN2790.JPG

DSCN2791.JPG

No one was able to grab hold of the branch.  INC and I were in hysterics though watching their efforts. 

DSCN2792.JPG

DSCN2793.JPG

At this point, something happened that reminded us of why we camp. 

Emma and Izzy, our oldest and middle daughters, decided to team up.  Emma tried to get Izzy up on her shoulders.  More hilarity ensued.

DSCN2794.JPG

DSCN2795.JPG

Teenage siblings do not always get along.  At home, those two go about their days rarely talking to each other.  It's not that they dislike each other, they just don't have tons in common or choose to interact a great deal.  But when camping, all of life's rules get tossed out the window.  It was so incredibly heart warming to see sisters having fun together, even if only for a few minutes.  It makes all the effort of going camping worthwhile. 

Unfortunately, even though Izzy is 5'10" and was on Emma's back, she still couldn't reach the branch.  So next, Stella climbed on Emma and tried. 

DSCN2796.JPG

Stella couldn't reach either. 

Eventually, Gwen got a running start and jumped up enough to grab the branch.  It proceeded to snap off, and she came down with about 5 inches of branch.  We all considered it a success and decided to move on with our day. 

Next was breakfast....which I already shared out of order.  So my next update will include some Anna time with some Fiends, including a chase across the field.  Coming up.....

Hmmm.  I think there might be a joke in there somewhere.

How many DIT girls does it take to get firewood?

Something like that.

I loved your narrative about how the girls get along when taken out of their everyday environment.  Good observation. And great photos.

I'm surprised there's not a video.  Or maybe that will be revealed later?

Oh, and while I'm thinking of it. when is the monkey going to show up?

Speaking of sibling interactions, how do you think the Upton brothers are getting along now that the both play for the Braves?

TCD

I loved your narrative about how the girls get along when taken out of their everyday environment. Good observation. And great photos.

I'm surprised there's not a video. Or maybe that will be revealed later?

My thoughts exactly.

Hmmm.  I think there might be a joke in there somewhere.

How many DIT girls does it take to get firewood?

Something like that.

I loved your narrative about how the girls get along when taken out of their everyday environment.  Good observation. And great photos.

I'm surprised there's not a video.  Or maybe that will be revealed later?

Speaking of sibling interactions, how do you think the Upton brothers are getting along now that the both play for the Braves?

TCD

Video?  Perhaps.  I did have my personal videographer along, so you never know. 

Monkey?  Perhaps. 

Go Braves. 

Video?  Perhaps.  I did have my personal videographer along, so you never know. 

Monkey?  Perhaps. 

Go Braves. 

There is really a monkey?

Oh man, hurry up and get to that part!

Is the monkey a Braves fan?

Oh wait, it's a monkey.  Probably a Phillies phan  (I think that's how they spell fan in Philly- right Bob?)

TCD

1) Very glad Carol was able to have a relaxing weekend. 

2) If I can talk my dh into driving to Defeated Creek next year, I volunteer to bring homemade bagels for the sammiches.

3) Toasted Almond sounds interesting.

4) Thanks for reminding me why i should take the kids camping soon.

5) Go Braves!