Monkey Business At Da-FIENDed Creek!

So glad everyone had a great time. I love that the girls get along so well. From what I can see and it's only her back Stella looks like she is getting tall, doesn't surprise me. But they all seem to be growning up so fast. That is what I do love about camping, the kids never seem to be to old to want to go. Matt stills goes with us (of course everyone has to put up with the Richie and Matt show) but he wants to go with us and he is 27.

So glad Carol got some relax time.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Fiends invaded Da-FIENDed.....I mean, Defeated Creek Corps of Engineers Campground this weekend!    Yes, Defeated Creek.  DIT's favorite (except maybe for the Fort) campground!  If you're not fami

I have to say, I am very pleased with how this little trip report is turning out.  There are enough sidebars, tangents and hijacks to annoy the heck out of Bob.  I'm having fun!

I can tell you everynight since the mad Gorrilla sighting I have had to check closets and under neath beds for Izzy and Xander, I gave them the glow necklaces and I wish we had video of the lot of the

I'm not going to respond to each recent comment individually, but wanted to offer the following thoughts:

1.  Toasted Almonds are wonderful inventions.

2.  Camping relaxation is the best.

3.  Marty needs to go camping, and she needs to come to Defeated Creek next year. 

4.  Red bug bites bite.  Bit time.  Like, SMB.

5.  There were a lot of Izzy's this weekend.  And they all pack a punch. 

6.  Speaking of punch, I missed Doodle.

7.  I also miss the Matt and Richie Show.  Is that on cable? 

8.  Monkey's do not do the tomahawk chop.  They are usually Philly fans.  Or Red Sox.  But not Braves. 

So glad everyone had a great time. I love that the girls get along so well. From what I can see and it's only her back Stella looks like she is getting tall, doesn't surprise me. But they all seem to be growning up so fast. That is what I do love about camping, the kids never seem to be to old to want to go. Matt stills goes with us (of course everyone has to put up with the Richie and Matt show) but he wants to go with us and he is 27.

So glad Carol got some relax time.

DSCN2802.JPG

I wanted to point out that Mrs. YC, who is next to that handsome fellow shoving a fork in his mouth, is wearing a Braves hat!  We didn't have the heart to rub it in with Bob this year!  Breakfast was amazing!  Note the fork in mouth....it stayed there a lot this morning....and the rest of the weekend for that matter.  What a blessed bunch of people the Fiends are; good friends, good food, and good drink, not to mention great weather and an awesome campground.  I will post some of our pictures later to help draw this out.

Go Braves!

This was the view Jessica and I had Friday morning.

1272501_10200904364385352_41579322_o.jpg

If you notice there are campers in Judy and Dave's spots.  I was watching carefully to see if I would need to  go over sen d Jessica over to make sure they high tailed it out of there before Judy and/or Dave arrived.  They were still in Judy's spot when she arrived, but luckily I caught her arriving and told her just to pull into my site until they left.  It was not too much longer after she did that they pulled out.

I didn't witness them, but it is possible she gave them the Crazy Eyes and that is why they left so quickly.  

The ones in Dave's spot were kind enough to leave us some firewood.  Which we almost lost had Bob not tackled wrestled to the ground point blankly told the man and his son who attempted to take it from the site that it was his.  

While Judy made a last minute me time escape shopping trip to Walmart, the kids and I went over to the playground.  

1269956_10200904366265399_815792710_o.jp

"No Pictures!" she tells me.

736103_10200904365745386_1824133775_o.jp

1277246_10200904366505405_243181538_o.jp

Quick update time.....

After breakfast we sat around shooting the breeze some more.  Bob had to leave to drive back toward home for his grandson's baseball game.  The rest of us sat back to digest our breakfast. 

Anna was putting on the charm with YensidCamper and Mrs. YC. 

DSCN2803.JPG

Notice YC's sweatshirt.  It says Tennessee....as in Vols....and he's quite proud of the fact that it pre-dates his marriage to Mrs. YC, making it over 20 years old.  I do have to say, that sweatshirt is in remarkable condition considering its age.  I asked him if it's ever been washed, and he assured me it has.  I'm not convinced, but have to take him at his word. 

In any case, they were enjoying some Anna time.  I love this pic.  Not only because it's sweet, but it shows a closeup of the Braves cap for BOB! 

DSCN2804.JPG

At this point, Anna got down from Mrs YC's lap and did what Anna is prone to doing these days....she RAN!  And she didn't just run anywhere, she ran toward the lake.  This is when having all that grassy area helps.  It gives us time to react.  And I was feeling pretty full from breakfast and kinda lazy, but YC showed his speed and took off after her.

DSCN2805.JPG

It was a game at first, but then she just enjoyed the walk along the lake with him.

DSCN2806.JPG

DSCN2807.JPG

One thing Anna loves is attention!

That was fun. 

But after a bit, they came back. 

Sometime in the late morning, INC and I and the girls drove to the little store outside the park for some more milk.  Izzy and her Fiend Friends walked to the marina for ice cream while we were gone, so after we got back from the store I took my two oldest to the marina to get them cones and to feed to fish. 

And by fish, I'm not talking about little things.  There are dozens of huge carp hanging out under the docks, waiting for people to feed them.  They sell little bags of popcorn in the marina store, or you can bring your own food. 

DSCN2808.JPG

DSCN2809.JPG

These things have crazy big lips. 

DSCN2810.JPG

DSCN2813.JPG

There was one fish, that my oldest daughter named "Pink Lips".  You can probably figure out why.

DSCN2818.JPG

They both said the cookie dough ice cream here was the best ever. 

DSCN2816.JPG

After feeding Pink Lips and his friends, we headed back to the camper, and were immediately called over to YC's campsite for an emergency.....coming up.

Fall ball in our parts is very informal. The kids just get shirts and get to pick their team name. You'll never guess what they picked..... The Braves!

I was thinking about you last night. Miss America was at White House Subs in AC.

I can't decide if White House or Dino's is better. My family all worked at Dino's, and I kind of think their cheesesteak is better.

I thought they are called hoagies.

Go Braves.

TCD

Didn't we already cover this at length? What does Publix call them?

AC (and I mean the city not Aaron) ain't right in the head hence the wrong name :P

Wrong Beckers!

Hey Bob- If you're reading, I am currently doing the Tomahawk Chop to express my approval of Dave's latest update.

Man, if I had been there, I would have been fighting Dave to get my face down into that crockpot.

Dave-I cannot get over the lake view you had from your site.

Amazing.

TCD

TCD, Dave definitely had the Primo site for room and a view.  There are so many good sites here.  I had my wife take these pictures just for you as I know you appreciate a good nap in a hammock and the view in the background was awesome.  This was a great way to listen to nap through the Tennessee Oregon debacle.

GO BRAVES!

3D4924C1-4F32-488B-BD2A-C1B58E8FF1D5-162

D34D5032-798B-4985-BC53-B3B1A2820A36-162

This thread is great!

But a little confusing.

I am laughing at all of the different topics that are being discussed, and the confusion.  Like between AC the Fiend and AC the city.

I am really curious about the emergency at YC's.

It was the monkey, wasn't it?

A few things I need to comment on to help with the stretching out:

Didn't we already cover this at length? What does Publix call them?

Publix calls them subs. 

I was talking about how the place in AC (the city) calls them subs.  Everywhere else in that part of Jersey, they are hoagies.

TCD, Dave definitely had the Primo site for room and a view.  There are so many good sites here.  I had my wife take these pictures just for you as I know you appreciate a good nap in a hammock and the view in the background was awesome.  This was a great way to listen to nap through the Tennessee Oregon debacle.

GO BRAVES!

Thanks for those most excellent hammock photos.

Sorry about the debacle.

No offense, but I hope there's another one for Tenn. on Saturday.

:sad-emoticon-msn:

Boo Braves!

WTF?

Why is there a post from Bob on this TR?

Go Braves.

TCD

Emergency!

I hadn't even pulled into my site after returning from getting ice cream when my Izzy said I needed to go right away to YC's campsite.  Apparently Stella had an accident on the playground and cut her head open.  INC doesn't handle blood very well, so she walked Stella over to get some assistance from YC and Mrs YC as I wasn't around. 

By the time I got there the YC's had gotten the situation under control.  No stitches were needed, and at the end of it all Stella looked pretty cool from the blood in her hair and on her shirt.  About the only involvement I had was trying to help YC get one of those cold packs activated where you pop the pack inside to make it freeze.  We couldn't get it to work, and ended up having to destroy one of Mrs YC's frozen Juicy Juice bottles to get some ice out for Stella's head.  Someone remind me I owe Mrs YC a Juicy Juice bottle.  I'll have to dig through the recycle bin to find one.  :rofl3:

I will say, two good things came from our little emergency.  First, no monkeys reared their ugly heads.  Yet.  And secondly, INC and I got to witness yet another example of things that happen camping but never happen at home. 

DSCN2820.JPG

Yes, that's Izzy holding Stella's hand while walking back to our campsite. 

That might not seem remarkable, but considering that those two typically clash like oil and water, it made our day.  This was like us sitting around with the Russians and Iranians singing Kumbayah.  I think I even saw a dove circling overhead.  It was another Defeated Creek miracle. 

I celebrated by popping open another Octoberfest. 

Coming up....the Potluck!   

Oh wow, that was not a good emergency at all.  Glad nobody was hurt badly.  I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed that the monkey still hasn't shown up.

That photo of Izzy and Stella is precious!

And don't worry about the sibling conflicts, when all the girls are older, you will be amazed at how well they will get along.  It happened with my sisters, and it has happened with my daughters. 

Dave- did you notice how close you are to your 12,000th post?

How about some kind of celebration/controversy ala FWG?

TCD