Monkey Business At Da-FIENDed Creek!

The Fiends invaded Da-FIENDed.....I mean, Defeated Creek Corps of Engineers Campground this weekend! 

Yes, Defeated Creek.  DIT's favorite (except maybe for the Fort) campground!  If you're not familiar with the place, check out my earlier trip report from here linked in my signature. 

This was an all-too-short weekend, and my original plan was just to share my pictures in the Grand Gathering thread and be done with it.  But then we were sitting around at breakfast this morning, and TnBob mentioned how he doesn't read trip reports because all he wants to see are some pictures, and not have to read through pages of comments and commentary.  So at that moment, I became determined to take my handful of pictures and stretch this thing out as LONG as possible.  :rofl3:   Plus, if I know he's not reading, I can tell some honest Bob stories and he won't ever know. 

So we need to stretch this thing out.  Just to annoy Bob.  Who's with me?? 

There will be lots of Pood Forn!  :jumpforjoy

And Anna pics!  As well as Fiend pics!

Plus beautiful scenery. 

What more do you need?? 

Hopefully, nothing more.  Cause that's about all I got. 

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Fiends invaded Da-FIENDed.....I mean, Defeated Creek Corps of Engineers Campground this weekend!    Yes, Defeated Creek.  DIT's favorite (except maybe for the Fort) campground!  If you're not fami

I have to say, I am very pleased with how this little trip report is turning out.  There are enough sidebars, tangents and hijacks to annoy the heck out of Bob.  I'm having fun!

I can tell you everynight since the mad Gorrilla sighting I have had to check closets and under neath beds for Izzy and Xander, I gave them the glow necklaces and I wish we had video of the lot of the

I know Yvonne and her DD (I won't use Fiends' kids names in case they don't want that shared publicly.....so don't think I don't remember their names or anything  :clint: ), arrived at the campground on Thursday.  They apparently had a QUIET evening, awaiting the rest of us to arrive on Friday.  Judy and her kids were next I think, followed by Bob and then us.  YensidCamper and Carol rounded it out. 

We planned on leaving by 3pm Friday, so pulled our two youngest from school a bit early, but our oldest DD, who many Fiends hadn't met as she has missed some GG's due to work, had to stay after school for a bit, so we didn't pull out of the driveway until 3:30.  Still, not too bad, and this allowed us to get through our town to the interstate before 4:00 when all H&ll breaks loose on Friday afternoons on the roads. 

The drive was uneventful, and we pulled into the campground around 5:30, and backed into our lovely lakefront campsite between Bob and Judy.  I was in my happy place, and celebrated in a very Fiendish way. 

DSCN2778.JPG

Notice my artistic pic.....a shot of my beer with Anna in the background.  That's Anna pic #1 if anyone wants to count. 

Some Fiends wandered over and we began what was a weekend of sitting together, running our mouths and eating. 

DSCN2774.JPG

That is Yvonne and Judy in the above pic, with INC in the background and 3 of my girls on the right (including Anna pic #2).  Also note the DIT Dog Foofy on bottom. 

We'd picked up some Publix subs for an easy dinner on night 1.  Here's a partially eaten one.....and the beginning of the Pood Forn.

DSCN2777.JPG

Not only is this Anna pic #3, but in the background you can see some of the beautiful, grassy area that sloped down from our sites to the water. 

DSCN2779.JPG

That was about all I have for pics on Friday evening.  And I need to stop here anyways to allow some commentary to ensue, if for no other reason than to piss off Bob. 

Coming up next (after said commentary)....Saturday morning, including Fiend Breakfast Extravaganza #1! 

Annoying Bob? Pood forn? Anna pics? I'm in!

I knew you'd be on board. 

There have to be lots of pics from a GG, especially with the DiT gals involved. :)

I think I have 89 pics uploaded.  And at least 7 of them aren't food related. 

Looking forward to it!!!  Poor Bob!!! 

Now start with at least ONE picture!!

Just posted a handful. 

Sounds good to me! :D

Welcome aboard, Marty!

Some Fiends wandered over and we began what was a weekend of sitting together, running our mouths and eating. 

DSCN2774.JPG

That is Yvonne and Judy in the above pic, with INC in the background and 3 of my girls on the right (including Anna pic #2).  Also note the DIT Dog Foofy on bottom. 

Hi All

I'm here and will be happy to assist in dragging this thing out! 

ETA - I'm bringing the ghost of KFK along for the ride!

So far KFK's ghost is running rampant on this report.  Just helping STRETCH things out I guess! 

Yes DD11(aka Jessica or Jrod) and I arrived late afternoon early evening Thursday. The drive up took a bit longer as we hit a thunderstorm and had to slow down a bit.

I figured arriving safely was more important than how quickly we could get there.

Feel free to throw your pics in unless you are posting elsewhere!  Saw some on FB....

I am in.

If Bob is not going to read this (or even if he does), everyone should check in with "Go Braves" at the beginning of their posts even if you are not a braves fan. Bob loves it!!

Looking forward to Pood Forn and Anna pics!

Go Braves!

Go Braves!

I'm in especially if it annoys Bob but I love DIT daughter pi tures

Ain't nuthin like a good "Bob Annoyance" episode. 

The grassy area sloping down to water looks inviting.....so does the Octoberfest.

They go hand in hand. 

Hi All

Hola.

Count me in!

Were your ears ringing last night?  We mentioned you, wondering if you'll be able to attend next year. 

Were your ears ringing last night?  We mentioned you, wondering if you'll be able to attend next year. 

Depends on the date next year, we will be at Ocean Lakes this time next year.. But we would LOVE to make one of the GG's to meet everybody.

My ears did ring a little later in the evening, I just thought it was due to the drinks :D