• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is it folks. The last leg of our journey.  Again on this day we had beautiful weather and light traffic with an added bonus of some beautiful scenery. We arrived at Jason and Sil's at 3:15. Sil w

This story actually began in chat. A few of us were talking with Jason about his search for a pop up. You know how the discussion goes. Gee, I really would like to have my own pup. Nothing new but in

I just want to say a little something about our group. They are all Fiendtastic. Since day one when Jason decided to buy his PUP (which needs a name by the way :) ) Fiends have been offering assistanc

ROAD TRIP!!!!!

Fiends are awesome. That is all.

In terms of a name we are going to keep the name Metaldads kids know it by. She will continue to be Maria.

Now I have the song Maria from West Side Story stuck in my head. Thanks people!!

First thing that popped into my head, "How do you tow a pop-up like Maria??"

First thing that popped into my head, "How do you tow a pop-up like Maria??"

That's to funny.

Jason, Glad your keeping the same name. I know it is bad luck to change a ships name but not sue about a pop-up but I wouldn't want to take chance.

Wow, I am loving this tale!!  (love the title Doodle….tale/tail..very clever!)  I knew Jason was buying MD's pop up but had no idea all of this was happening.  

What a wonderful, thoughtful, generous and kind bunch of people we have around here!  Bravo to each of you who have a hand in making someone's camping life better.

MD had texted me when he and Jason made the deal to tell me it was "FF Serendipity" once again.  MD's family bought our TT back in May before we left FL for PA.  I was so sad to sell it but loved that it went to a family who would enjoy it as much as we did.  It was a similar situation too, we were just exchanging messages about other stuff and he mentioned wanting to upgrade and I mentioned that we weren't planning to take the camper with us when we moved.  Everything aligned and it worked out very well.  So happy to see it paid forward.

Here is a photo of the exchange that led to this road trip:

963934_4974763806142_1305759834_o.jpg

Please disregard the wicked bad hair day I was clearly having.

Of course, it occurred at the Fort, where we had our last stay in our beloved camper.  A sad day for us but a very happy one for MD & his beautiful family.  And now, another happy fiend will have his day!  

That camper looks a whole lot different today, too.  MD has made it his own and it is all spiffed up!

Safe travels to all and hooray for the fiends!!

Wow, I am loving this tale!!  (love the title Doodle….tale/tail..very clever!)  I knew Jason was buying MD's pop up but had no idea all of this was happening.  

What a wonderful, thoughtful, generous and kind bunch of people we have around here!  Bravo to each of you who have a hand in making someone's camping life better.

MD had texted me when he and Jason made the deal to tell me it was "FF Serendipity" once again.  MD's family bought our TT back in May before we left FL for PA.  I was so sad to sell it but loved that it went to a family who would enjoy it as much as we did.  It was a similar situation too, we were just exchanging messages about other stuff and he mentioned wanting to upgrade and I mentioned that we weren't planning to take the camper with us when we moved.  Everything aligned and it worked out very well.  So happy to see it paid forward.

Here is a photo of the exchange that led to this road trip:

963934_4974763806142_1305759834_o.jpg

Please disregard the wicked bad hair day I was clearly having.

Of course, it occurred at the Fort, where we had our last stay in our beloved camper.  A sad day for us but a very happy one for MD & his beautiful family.  And now, another happy fiend will have his day!  

That camper looks a whole lot different today, too.  MD has made it his own and it is all spiffed up!

Safe travels to all and hooray for the fiends!!

John has done quite a bit of work on your old camper. I think i saw a new sounds system and new graphics on it. Probably more. Thank you for selling yours to him. It certainly paved the way for us. 

John has done quite a bit of work on your old camper. I think i saw a new sounds system and new graphics on it. Probably more. Thank you for selling yours to him. It certainly paved the way for us. 

I know.  It's totally jacked up now.  That we still don't have one makes it all that more difficult to see the pictures he posts on FB.

Hopefully, that will change in the near future…...

I am sure you all know by now that we made it safely to Bob's. It has been a non-stop gab fest since 4 o'clock central time. Carol and Rick showed up not too long after we got here and we had a fantastic dinner and a fiendish visit. I will post pictures tomorrow so please stay tuned. It is taking all the energy I have left to just type this.

Oh and I want to say how proud i am of my fiend "kids". You behaved very well today!  :heartsmiley:

We had a fabulous evening at Bob and Kathy's!!  I had to do a bit of work after we got back home, so now I'm unwinding a bit, and thought I'd go ahead and upload my pics of the evening :)

IMG_2174.jpg

IMG_2173.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2164.jpg

IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_2162.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

IMG_2159.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_2157.jpg

IMG_2156.jpg

Great pictures, glad you all had a good time. We all know how many pictures you will get from our vist LOL.

I just found out the other day who Metaldad had brought his camper from, I know I had been told that it was another fiend and couldn't think of anyone that I knew was selling a camper, because I guess it wasn't even posted. I asked and found out who it was (fortpartyof4)

, the kids told me that they love their new camper. You started a chain of events that has made a lot of people happy. I just hope you get another camper soon.