Hows the regulating of tents going?  I remember reading about how it may or has been implemented that it is no longer allowed.  For our upcoming trip we have our trailer but I was thinking of bringing our tent down so the girls can get a taste of sleeping in a tent.  I'm also swinging by and bringing my 80+ grandmother down to visit her sister just outside of  Orlando and she "may "want to stay a night at the Fort with us.  We could all sleep in the trailer but I need more space than that when dealing with family I didn't choose or birth.

Depends what type of tent you have.  You can have a tent at any site, and a tent plus a trailer will be no problem however... if you need to stake your tent down, that can be very tough at a premium site because it's all paved (no sand/dirt)...or so at least from what I've seen.  You can find a few with yard space and I've seen tents there.  Preferred sites have some sand.

Have a great time!! :studsmatta-smiley:

Depends what type of tent you have.  You can have a tent at any site, and a tent plus a trailer will be no problem however... if you need to stake your tent down, that can be very tough at a premium site because it's all paved (no sand/dirt)...or so at least from what I've seen.  You can find a few with yard space and I've seen tents there.  Preferred sites have some sand.

Have a great time!! :studsmatta-smiley:

Great point!  I'd forgotten about that.

So if the only site I could get was a "full hookup" site and I only wanted to put up 3 tents (one big tent and two pup tents) would I be able to -- both permission wise and also space wise?  

If there are any current rules about what can go where that are on a public website, I haven't seen them.  So at the moment anything goes.

So, yes, you could put three tents on a full hook-up.  If you're only putting up tents, you might want to go with a partial site on the 2000 loop- bigger sand pad.

TCD

If there are any current rules about what can go where that are on a public website, I haven't seen them.  So at the moment anything goes.

TCD

Numerous sites in 500 and 700 that are "tent only" with two or three tents on a site, as well as RV/tent on other premium loops.

I saw that. I would not have been happy to have been in that loop with all those people. It was crazy.

It could have been better if they had adult supervision, instead of being allowed to run wild at all hours.  My daughter said several were sticking their hands up in the ice machines at the comfort station. and getting ice.  My husband had to take our dog to another loop to walk him.  Thank goodness we were only there 2 days after they arrived.

• 1 year later...

I called the Fort to ask about the Tent on Premium Site question.  I feel like the representative was reading off a piece of paper and could not give me a good reason why you pay more for a premium site but cannot put up a tent??  The sites are bigger and you pay more so you would think it would be better to use a tent on? 

Anyone found out any new information since this post in 2013?

Thanks Kristi (June 12th - First time at Fort and first time posting). 

Welcome,

While anyone is welcome to get a premium site they are geared more toward the big rigs. They are longer, wider, and designed with a wider entrance area to make them easier for the big rigs to back in.  The driveway is paved  all the way to the back of the site.  

Many people don't like the 2000 loop (partial hook up, no sewer) because of it's location and tendency to have larger groups. But it really has the best site set up for tents and popups and it's the cheapest to boot.   They have a short paved area for your vehicle and a larger tent pad area with a small offset area for picnic table and grill. 

Many people don't like the 2000 loop (partial hook up, no sewer) because of it's location and tendency to have larger groups. But it really has the best site set up for tents and popups and it's the cheapest to boot.   They have a short paved area for your vehicle and a larger tent pad area with a small offset area for picnic table and grill. 

I agree Memphis. LOVE the layout of the 2000 sites for tent camping, but the ever present possible rowdiness factor of that loop keeps me away. On the other hand, when it's empty, it's downright spooky back there :)

We stayed in the 2000 loop one time.  Never again if I can help it.  Sites were nice, there is a shortcut thru the group camp site to the 900 loop that saves a lot of walking to the meadow.

But it was a free for all the weekend we stayed.  Anything and everything goes.  Plus we lost power for over a 1/2 day. 

It's a shame Fort management decides to bury their heads in the sand instead of cracking down on the troublemakers and allow the rest of the people to enjoy their stay.