Ants in the Cheerios - Final Update 12/21

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you x 2.   The PGA has chaplains, too.  But I don't think he would want to be on the road so much and away from his family right now since his children are so young.  We'll see.

Nice pics, Gwen! We were so glad we got to visit with you before we left!

Thanks, Rita!  We were happy we got to visit with you!

Again your pictures amaze me, and I think I am crying. I MISS THE FORT! It is COLD and WET here.   And DAVE, Balloon AND Tiara. Duh.

Awww, thank you, Laura.  Would someone please pass her a tissue?  

Today's high here will be in the 70s.  Tomorrow's high is going to be 34 with freezing rain.  I hate the cold and wet too.

And Dave, balloon, tiara, and a ticket to WWW!

Tuesday, November 12 – How Much Can I Eat in One Day?

This morning we found a few ants in Dolly.  They were so small they were barely noticeable until they moved.  Very unusual.  We've never had ants at the fort.

We had breakfast at TE again. 

01TE.jpg

Here's my food:

02Plate2.jpg

02Plate1.jpg

03plate3.jpg

I only ate the ears and used sugar-free syrup:

05plate5waffle.jpg

06plate6.jpg

Brown paint guy was painting the steps at the takeout entrance to TE.

07brownpaintguy.jpg

He caught me taking his picture and said he was flattered that anyone would do that.  (Little does he know!)  So I snapped another one.

08brownpaintguy2.jpg

David was itching to see more of Florida.  I was resolute that I wasn't leaving the fort again.  So we split up for a few hours. 

I had a great time. 

He got lost. 

When will he learn there's no better place in Florida than Fort Wilderness?  Remember last year when I had a great day in MK alone and he came back with a few ugly pictures of a lake?

So while he was out and about I wandered around the fort and finally met Val!

10pezheadval.jpg

There were a few guys on Bob's pier, but since Bob had just left I figured it was okay.

11bobsdock.jpg

12bikebarn.jpg

The canal wasn't quite as clean this year:

13dirtycanal.jpg

14bird.jpg

15pool1.jpg

16pool2.jpg

17meadowtp.jpg

18insidetp1.jpg

19inside2.jpg

20inside3mickey.jpg

21inside4.jpg

22inside5fireplace.jpg

My next stop was:

23TCDranch.jpg

24ponies.jpg

Two blacksmiths were working this morning.

25twoblacksmiths.jpg

Why does this pony have a Mickey on its rear end?  Not all of them do.

26whythemickey.jpg

28percheron.jpg

It was about 1:00.  I wonder what these horses were being readied for?

29poniesgettingready.jpg

To be continued.

Awesome photos of Brown Paint Guy!

I hadn't seen him on our last couple of trips. Good to see he's still there. That guy has the most secure job ever. Do you ever stop to think how many things there are that need to be painted brown at the Fort?

Was there a MVMCP the night you took your photo of the ponies? I believe they appear in the special parade.

TCD

We had a proposal at the rose garden the other night. They took them onto the grassy area during fireworks and he proposed during the romantic part of wishes. Instead of a ring, he proposed with a diamond encrusted tiara. He asked her to be his princess so they could live happily ever after.

We had a proposal at the rose garden the other night. They took them onto the grassy area during fireworks and he proposed during the romantic part of wishes. Instead of a ring, he proposed with a diamond encrusted tiara. He asked her to be his princess so they could live happily ever after.

AAAAWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome!!!!!!!

Those ponies look like the ones used to pull Cinderella's coach. Maybe there was a wedding that day or just some training.

Okay.  Thanks!

Awesome photos of Brown Paint Guy!

I hadn't seen him on our last couple of trips. Good to see he's still there. That guy has the most secure job ever. Do you ever stop to think how many things there are that need to be painted brown at the Fort?

Was there a MVMCP the night you took your photo of the ponies? I believe they appear in the special parade.

TCD

Wouldn't it be boring always painting the same color!

No, there wasn't an MVMCP that night.

If Jason surprised me with a tiara at Disney, I'd nominate him for husband of the year. A balloon would just be stolen by Z.

Still loving the pics. Smart on your part to stay at the Fort.

Thanks.  

How sweet!

AAAAWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

I agree.

:barf:

Hmmm ....

Sorry DIT,

I say double awwwwwww!

I double agree!

Awesome!!!!!!!

Yes!

I thought I had read that Disney didn't do proposals because every once in a while the answer is not what is expected and causes a scene

Really?  I'm surprised.  I guess I always figured if you could pay enough Disney would find a way to do it.  Provided it isn't illegal or dangerous.

Tuesday, November 12 – How Much Can I Eat in One Day? - Part 2

After lunch we drove over to DHS.  Last year the big tree was up on November 4.  This year just the decorations lining the streets were in place.

32fewdecsnobigtree.jpg

Don't remember what David did first, but I went to LMA and sat in the handicap section because my knee was hurting too much to climb stairs.  This wasn't the best place to sit for good photos. 

This guy must be a big fan: 

34LMA2.jpg

And then just as the show started, my camera quit focusing again.  I hit reset three or four times, and it came alive.

I only attended LMA because there were a few photos that I had eluded me in the past (like the red car jumping through the fire).  But, as always, my timing was off again.

Too early:

35LMA3toosoon.jpg

Too early and should have zoomed:

36lma4toosoon.jpg

Too late:

37lma5nozoom.jpg

Too early:

38lma6toosoon.jpg

Too late:

39lmatoolateintenseheat.jpg

Boy, was the heat from that fire intense!

Then I went to the Great Movie Ride.  I requested to be on the western side and finally saw it!

40gmr01.jpg

41gmr2.jpg

42gmr3.jpg

43gmr4.jpg

44gmr5.jpg

45gmr6.jpg

46gmr7.jpg

47gmr7.jpg

David visited One Man’s Dream while I was in GMR.

Finally it was time to use our TSM FPs!

48tsm1.jpg

50tsm2.jpg

51tsm3.jpg

52tsm4.jpg

53tsm5.jpg

David beat me on overall score, but my accuracy was better.  Neither of us played very well, but this was only our second time.

Didn't have time for this:

54didntmakeithere.jpg

I talked David into getting yet another picture made.

55pppic.jpg

I figured if we had enough photos taken, we would end up with one that was okay.  Guess we didn't take enough.

Then we left the park.

56tower.jpg

57gasstation.jpg

To be continued ...

I'm not the biggest GMR fan.  I like it to escape the rain, or to get some AC on a hot day.  I do enjoy One Man's Story, so probably would have opted to go there with David.

I'm not the biggest GMR fan either.  I just went there to take pics.  I do like the Wizard of Oz section.

This is just a test.  Please ignore.

I'm trying to figure out if I can "dumb down" my photos instead of paying Photobucket $29.95 a year to upgrade my service.

10moroccco4.jpg

Okay, that will have to do for now until I can figure out Picasa.  Test complete.

BTW, I finally figured out what's wearing me down doing this TR.  It's the photo editing/uploading.  What a pain.

I thought I had read that Disney didn't do proposals because every once in a while the answer is not what is expected and causes a scene

Proposals are done, but with some stipulations. For one, the ONLY sanctioned proposals are at Cinderellas Royal Table. You can buy a package that includes the ring being delivered in a glass slipper. Of course, I have seen even these elaborate scenes go wrong, one leaving a father and his kids sitting alone at the table after she said no.

But, you can find any spot and propose on your own. With some nicety, you can get some CMs involved. Like the one I mentioned. The family talked to some CMs and let us know what was going on. It started as, they just wanted to be sure a Photographer would be there to document the event. Well, I partnered with other areas and we made a big deal out of it. But most proposals are the couple just stop for a photo at their favorite spot and the guy drops to one knee, surprising even the photographer.

Another stipulation is, characters CANNOT participate in a proposal. Once the answer is given (hopefully yes) then the character can join the photos. But only then. Just in case the answer is no.

To capture action scenes, try using the continuous shutter option. You can hold down the shutter and capture the scene frame by frame and you will end up with the shot you want, then delete the other scenes. Beats trying to time the perfect shot and missing. I know my camera will do 7fps (frames per second). So every second, it will take 7 pictures. Kind of slow, but you will still get the shot unless your trying to capture a bullet being fired. 

This is just a test.  Please ignore.

I'm trying to figure out if I can "dumb down" my photos instead of paying Photobucket $29.95 a year to upgrade my service.

10moroccco4.jpg

Okay, that will have to do for now until I can figure out Picasa.  Test complete.

BTW, I finally figured out what's wearing me down doing this TR.  It's the photo editing/uploading.  What a pain.

You may or may not like Picasa, but if you have any Android devices it's great being a Google product.  Seamlessly integrates with everything Google.  

In any case, I am still thinking that your picture file sizes might be quite large, being that you have a good camera and all.  High quality photos = large file sizes.  So the uploading probably takes a while either way.   But I am certainly no expert on these matters.  

To capture action scenes, try using the continuous shutter option. You can hold down the shutter and capture the scene frame by frame and you will end up with the shot you want, then delete the other scenes. Beats trying to time the perfect shot and missing. I know my camera will do 7fps (frames per second). So every second, it will take 7 pictures. Kind of slow, but you will still get the shot unless your trying to capture a bullet being fired. 

Duh, I could have done that but didn't think about it at the time.  

And thanks for the proposal info ... not that I'll ever need it, but it's nice to know.

You may or may not like Picasa, but if you have any Android devices it's great being a Google product.  Seamlessly integrates with everything Google.  

In any case, I am still thinking that your picture file sizes might be quite large, being that you have a good camera and all.  High quality photos = large file sizes.  So the uploading probably takes a while either way.   But I am certainly no expert on these matters.  

Dave. I can't find anywhere in Picasa to get a link to post a single picture here.  Do you know how to do that?

My picture file sizes are quite large.  About half of them were shot at 20 MB.  But then my old laptop started running out of room for me to back them up every night.  I had to delete all the documents I had on it and most of the programs.

So I reduced the file size to 10 MB.  And then I cut them down to 1.5 - 2 MB to upload to PB.  I went from 34% usage in PB to 87%.  Now I'm taking my pics down to around 250 - 300 KB and hoping I can get this TR finished before I hit 100%.  I was trying to save time using the 1.5-2 MB here and in my scrapbook.  

My only alternative is to rework all the pics from all my TRs down to the 250 - 300 KB range, and that would be a royal PITA.

Gwen, what I do with TRs here is bulk upload to PB with my settings set for automatic upload at 400x600.  Then the folks here just get raw photos, and I only link the decent ones in the TR. That will save you a bunch of time in setting up the TR.

I don't scrapbook, but if there ARE any photos that I want to do something special with, I still have my original-sized ones on the hard drive and crop and edit those for printing or putting on my electronic picture frame, or whatever.