Ants in the Cheerios - Final Update 12/21

Your grandchildren are adorable, Gwen.

I hate seeing kids have melt-downs at WDW.  But it happens.  I learned early on to not push the kids and to go with the flow.  It's much more fun that way.  I'd rather do less and everybody have a good time, than be constantly on the go and have kids melting down.  I certainly understand parents who feel compelled to get it all done.  I'm glad we lived close by and never needed to go at that pace.

I loved the photos you took of the details on Dumbo.  I have never noticed the small murals painted at the base of the ride, which I see depict scenes from the movie.  That's pretty cool.

I am wondering where you went for lunch?  You passed Be Our Guest.  So, it am guessing somewhere in Frontierland?

TCD

Thank you, TCD.

When our kids were young we felt compelled to get it all done, too.  But we left the parks in the afternoon for naps and downtime.  Then we'd go back to a park at dinnertime until close.  That seemed to work better.

LOL - I hadn't realized they were movie scenes either.

Lunch was at somewhere we've never been.

Great pix!

I hope the early meltdown is not an indication of whats to come.

What's for lunch? Pecos bills?

No, not Pecos Bill's.

Great pics!

I will officially jump in here on the official start to the TR

Happy to have you here!  Thank you!

I want lunch!

Well, it is lunchtime.  Or is your employer a slave driver?

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you x 2.   The PGA has chaplains, too.  But I don't think he would want to be on the road so much and away from his family right now since his children are so young.  We'll see.

Monday, November 4 - Who has the First Meltdown? - Part 2

We walked on past here:

001Restroom.jpg

002restroom.jpg

And we stopped for lunch at a place so many of you rave about:  Columbia Harbor House.  This was a FIRST for all of us.

I don't remember what I ate, but here are some food pics.

Lobster Roll:

003CHHlobsterroll.jpg

Kid's chicken nuggets:

004Kidschickennuggets.jpg

Kid's tuna sandwich:

005kidstunasandwich.jpg

Anchors Aweigh sandwich:

006AnchorsAweighsandwich.jpg

Certainly not up to Plaza Restaurant standards.

The verdict?  I'm not a fish and chips person, so I would have been happier at Pecos Bill's with a burger.  The rest of the family had no comment.  But at least we crossed another first off our list.

After lunch the kids wanted to see IASW, which Matthew calls snoozefest.  But the kids really enjoyed it.  I did manage to snag one interesting photo.

007IASW1.jpg

008IASW2family.jpg

At this point I need to interject a comment.  Our DDIL does an excellent job of cutting the boys' hair.  Einstein refused to have his hair cut the week before they left on their trip.  I so wish he had agreed! 

BTW, I've finally figured out what caused that weird shadow in my flash photos.  It's my lens hood.  Duh.  I should have removed it.

At this point David and I needed to go back to the fort and take Kassie for a walk.  We briefly watched the castle show.

009castleshow.jpg

Walking through the Emporium we found a few characters:

010fireman.jpg

011woman.jpg

012emporiumchandelier.jpg

Saw a little of the "Celebrate a Dream Come True” parade:

013parade1.jpg

014parade2.jpg

While David took Kassie for a walk I hopped on the GC and visited a few fiends:

015Mama.jpg

016Fiends.jpg

Guess who’s under the blanket and why she’s there!  100 points to the person who figures this out!  The who is easy.  The reason isn't.

We took Kassie looping for awhile.  That was our pattern.  Go potty, then ride.  After the first few days she returned to Dolly and just hopped right on DeeDee.  Okay, guys, it's time to go!

Meanwhile the rest of the gang wore themselves out traipsing through MK the rest of the afternoon.  Matthew figured out the FP trick with KTTW cards.  I had read that this wouldn’t work after 11/1, but it did today.

Diva was scared to death in the Haunted Mansion.  She said she would NEVER ride it again.

We had an early dinner.  Nothing fancy, just hot dogs with homemade chili and slaw.  Red decided to pursue Kassie.

017RedandKassie1.jpg

Look, Papa, I've made a friend!  Kassie thinking "Dad, I'm not so sure about this!"

018Lookpapaimadeafriend.jpg

I started a tradition that night and told the kids we would give them a small gift after dinner each day.  Last night I gave out MagicBands.  Tonight we had kits from the Disney Outlet with school supplies.  They loved them! 

019gifts1.jpg

020gifts2.jpg

021gifts3.jpg

022gifts4.jpg

Next up - a bare human bottom in AK.

More cute grandkid photos!  Nice!

I don't know who that is under the blanket, but it looks like she's still in her PJ's.

It's funny to see all the blankets.  I was just outside a little while ago, and it hit 85 degrees today in west central Florida.  Not bad for November 21.

It doesn't sound like Columbia Harbour House was a big hit with your family.  I still like it.

Why didn't you go to Be Our Guest for lunch?  If we are looking for a quick serve lunch in the MK, we always go there.

TCD

More cute grandkid photos!  Nice!

I don't know who that is under the blanket, but it looks like she's still in her PJ's.

It's funny to see all the blankets.  I was just outside a little while ago, and it hit 85 degrees today in west central Florida.  Not bad for November 21.

It doesn't sound like Columbia Harbour House was a big hit with your family.  I still like it.

Why didn't you go to Be Our Guest for lunch?  If we are looking for a quick serve lunch in the MK, we always go there.

TCD

I was wondering why you passed up BOG too.  We like Columbia House, but then we are fish and chips kind of folks.

The line for BOG was long ...plus it was more expensive.

You got some really great pics!!

Thank you!

Tuesday, November 5 – Whose Bare Bottom is That in AK?

We took the gang to breakfast at Trail’s End.  They were running late, so I took lots of photos while we waited.

001TE01.jpg

002TE.jpg

003TE.jpg

004TE.jpg

005TE.jpg

006TE.jpg

007TE.jpg

008TE.jpg

Am I boring you guys with all my flower pictures?

009TE.jpg

010TEturkeysatthesettlement.jpg

011TEfunnysign.jpg

012TEdifferentlightonPioneerHall.jpg

013TEflatvsroundlogs.jpg

014TElovethemoss.jpg

015TEsuitcases.jpg

016TEranch.jpg

016TEsign.jpg

018TEranch.jpg

019TEpioneerhallfromtheoppositeside.jpg

020TEloveflowerpics.jpg

021TEyepanotherflowerpic.jpg

022TEsignfromotherside.jpg

023TElookingtowardbeach.jpg

025TEcheckersboard.jpg

026TEsunrise.jpg

027TEstools.jpg

028TErockers.jpg

To be continued ...

Hey, are those the new or old mugs?

Never have too many photos of the Fort.

Good catch.

That right there is a coffee thief!  They haven't sold pink or black mugs for months.

(OK maybe she filled the mugs back at her campsite and brought them there).

Great photos Gwen!

I kept waiting for one that showed where the Lawnmower Tree used to be.  I don't think you got a shot of it.

TCD

Hey, are those the new or old mugs?

Never have too many photos of the Fort.

Will have to go back through my photos to figure out what you're talking about.  We bought new mugs.

Loving all the pictures of the Settlement area.  My favorite place in the world to sit.

Mine too.  I can't get enough pics of the area.

Good catch.

That right there is a coffee thief!  They haven't sold pink or black mugs for months.

(OK maybe she filled the mugs back at her campsite and brought them there).

Great photos Gwen!

I kept waiting for one that showed where the Lawnmower Tree used to be.  I don't think you got a shot of it.

TCD

I missed getting a pic of where the lawnmower tree used to be. My bad.

TCD

Unless things were different from when we were there all you would see is a GC. People are now using it for a parking space.