Ants in the Cheerios - Final Update 12/21

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you x 2.   The PGA has chaplains, too.  But I don't think he would want to be on the road so much and away from his family right now since his children are so young.  We'll see.

EPCOT today and dinner at Whispering Canyon.  I'll have the kids ask for ketchup.  And look for the hidden Mickey that Andrew told me about.

Gwen-

I hope you see this in time.

As I understand it, you've never been to Wilderness Lodge.

For this visit, I recommend that you arrive by bus.

I've marked the path in purple in this photo showing the route you need to take from the bus stop to the small lobby area of the DVC Villas.  The Hidden Mickey is in that lobby.  Walk straight in until you get to the center of the lobby.  Look right above the path that you took to enter into the center of the lobby.  You will see carved logs.  Look for a small knot hole, and you'll find Mickey.

When you leave the DVC lobby, you can follow the yellow path I marked, and that will take you into the main building.  If you take that route, you'll pass the arcade and gift shop and enter the big WL lobby by the side.  If the weather is bad, or you're in a hurry take this route.

But, if the weather is nice, and you have time, walk back the way you came and follow the orange route I marked.  This will take you in the main entrance to the resort, which is the way you ought to see it on your first visit.  Whispering Canyon is just inside this entrance:

wl_zps9b52cf62.jpg

Have fun!

TCD

TCD, thanks for the info!  Unfortunately I didn't see it until we got back to the fort.  But I will file it away for future reference.  David and I may go back over there later.

The kids were tired and cranky.  .They all had meltdowns before we finished eating, and they just weren't up to looking for hidden Mickeys.

(The adults are tired and cranky too.)

Saw Grumpy and Grandma this afternoon.

TCD, thanks for the info!  Unfortunately I didn't see it until we got back to the fort.  But I will file it away for future reference.  David and I may go back over there later.

The kids were tired and cranky.  .They all had meltdowns before we finished eating, and they just weren't up to looking for hidden Mickeys.

(The adults are tired and cranky too.)

Saw Grumpy and Grandma this afternoon.

Are you getting in some relaxing Fort time?

Are you getting in some relaxing Fort time?

Not yet.  Will get it after Saturday morning when the kids leave.  Tomorrow MK, Saturday morning at DTD for a few hours.  While we've loved our time here with them. we won't be sorry to see them leave.

I chose to not be at the fort for Halloween.  It was a hard decision.  But I thought we needed a week at the fort after the kids left.  I think I made the right decision.  

Matthew said that he won't bring the family back until everyone is at least 48" tall.  That's gonna be about 4 years away.  

This has been a hard trip so far.  IMHO M/E have pushed the kids too much.  No downtime, no back to the hotel for naps.  Just go, go, go til they drop.

Not yet.  Will get it after Saturday morning when the kids leave.  Tomorrow MK, Saturday morning at DTD for a few hours.  While we've loved our time here with them. we won't be sorry to see them leave.

I chose to not be at the fort for Halloween.  It was a hard decision.  But I thought we needed a week at the fort after the kids left.  I think I made the right decision.  

Matthew said that he won't bring the family back until everyone is at least 48" tall.  That's gonna be about 4 years away.  

This has been a hard trip so far.  IMHO M/E have pushed the kids too much.  No downtime, no back to the hotel for naps.  Just go, go, go til they drop.

I understand the desire to see/get the kids to see as much as possible since it may be a while until you get to go back.  We have been blessed when we are there with my in-laws that they will take the kids back to the Fort or hotel while Thrill and I stay in the parks.  Our boys were more impressed with bus rides and Fort playgrounds than the parks up to this point.  The last trip they were aged 6 and 3.  In 2 weeks we go back!!!!  At 8 and 5 now they are really excited about doing the parks.  We have measured their height and talked about what rides they can do (almost all!)  Of course, I am hoping that Thrill and I will be able to take advantage of Magic Kingdom 1 - 3 am while the kids snooze with grands at AoA!

That's a recipe for disaster. I'd rather see less with happier kids.

I so agree!  But somehow they survived it.

I understand the desire to see/get the kids to see as much as possible since it may be a while until you get to go back.  We have been blessed when we are there with my in-laws that they will take the kids back to the Fort or hotel while Thrill and I stay in the parks.  Our boys were more impressed with bus rides and Fort playgrounds than the parks up to this point.  The last trip they were aged 6 and 3.  In 2 weeks we go back!!!!  At 8 and 5 now they are really excited about doing the parks.  We have measured their height and talked about what rides they can do (almost all!)  Of course, I am hoping that Thrill and I will be able to take advantage of Magic Kingdom 1 - 3 am while the kids snooze with grands at AoA!

Janet, I hope you have a wonderful trip!  Our two oldest grandchildren on this trip were 5 and almost 8.  They had a blast!  Of course the little ones had a good time too.  Our son says, though, that he won't bring his family back until everyone is 48" tall and can ride everything.

The kids left at lunchtime.  It's really quiet now.  We said goodbye with mixed emotions.  We hated to see them leave, but at the same time we are worn out and look forward to the next week of just the two of us.

Went to Lakeland to visit with my aunt and uncle today.  Uncle Clyde is Dad's last surviving brother.  Although he is several years younger than Dad, he is frail.  He has multiple health problems, and his mind is slipping away.  My aunt Jo is fine mentally but nearly immobile due to multiple strokes.  My cousin Eric and his lovely wife Jennifer are going through what we are with not living nearby and having to keep up two households.  

The visit was bittersweet.  While I loved seeing them again, it brought back so many memories of Dad.   And it brought back a lot of pain.

We can wait until you are home.  You don't need the aggravation while at the Fort.  

Thanks, Dave.  

I may have found my thread title today.  Something Miracle said.  I was thinking about calling it Yin and Yang, because the two weeks are so different, but the innocence of children can't be ignored!