Epcot to test further restrictions on Fastpass+ usage

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, for your three Epcot FP's you have to pick either Soarin' or Test Track?  You can't have both on the same day?

And then for your other two, you have to pick from attractions that used to be walk-ons before they created this FP+ mess.  A FP for Captain EO?  You have to be kidding me.

What else can they do? As I discovered when I visited two weekends ago, all of the FP's for Soarin' and Test Track will be claimed by the MagicBand testers and gone before regular park guests could get a crack.

This is not going to be a very magical holiday season for a lot of guests.

TCD

So, for your three Epcot FP's you have to pick either Soarin' or Test Track? You can't have both on the same day?

And then for your other two, you have to pick from attractions that used to be walk-ons before they created this FP+ mess. A FP for Captain EO? You have to be kidding me.

What else can they do? As I discovered when I visited two weekends ago, all of the FP's for Soarin' and Test Track will be claimed by the MagicBand testers and gone before regular park guests could get a crack.

This is not going to be a very magical holiday season for a lot of guests.

TCD

Lets look at this scenario.

There are 40000 guests in the park. 20000 have MBs and made their 3 selections and all 20000 chose both Soarin and TT as their selections. That's 20000 FPs gone for both attractions.

Now, under the new rules,

That same 20000 must choose one or the other. So, 10000 choose TT and 10000 choose Saorin. That leaves 10000 FPs for each attraction for day guests or last minute guests. So, the system will work better for those who are spur of the moment.

Its similar to the old tiered attraction ticketing system. You get one E ticket attraction and 2 A ticket attractions.

So it sounds like one would bee better pdf not to use mb. Get there early and do regular fp for both rides. Sounds like the future is going to limit the big rides at the parks. If you only have one day in the park too bad.

How do you figure? The most I can see a standby being during Christmas is 2 hours for the headliners. And that's drastic. So you have a FP for Soarin you wait 10 mins max. Then standby for TT for 2 hours. You still have 9 hours to enjoy the rest of the park. Plus you have 2 other FPs you can use for the other minor attractions you want to do.

With the way things are going, Disney is trying to get a good feel for how the system will truly operate. This is why they are not issuing KTTW cards for this same period. They know people are still getting regular FPs ontop of the FP+ selections so they cannot see how the system truly works. So, they eliminate the possibility of the testers getting legacy FPs and see how the process works. They then can tweak it to streamline the whole thing.

So hitting rope drop and head for the ride you don't have a FP+ for would be the plan.

Yup.  There that would be the only way.

So, all that money, and what's better for a guest with a MagicBand?

TCD

That would work. No different than running for FPs now.

Hit TT track first at Rope Drop. Max an hour. FP+ for Soarin for whenever. FP+ for Spaceship Earth and Mission Space for whenever. Hit C Spot if you want. And by noon, you are sloshed in Germany wishing you could lay down and sleep off the schnitzel.

Easy.

Hit TT track first at Rope Drop. Max an hour. FP+ for Soarin for whenever. FP+ for Spaceship Earth and Mission Space for whenever. Hit C Spot if you want. And by noon, you are sloshed in Germany wishing you could lay down and sleep off the schnitzel.

Easy.

What about Captain EO?  After you get sloshed, right?

Does anyone know what is the earliest time slot to schedule a FP+ for TT?  I doubt it's 9 am.  If there are not FP's being used at opening, then that will be a quick ride a rope drop with no FP.

TCD

Umm, hello?!? You forgot get a FP for Captain Eo and Journey. Come on, you know without a FP you'll never get into to see these!

What a waste of programming, readers, etc for them.

That's only because, for a first time guest booking FP+'s on the website, it would look bad to only have FP's for the rides that had them under the old system.  Someone might think "wow, there's only 4 rides in Epcot".  But now, they look and go "hey, Epcot has TONS to do!".  But then, at the end of the day after using their FP+ for Captain Eo and Journey, they will be thinking "that was dumb". 

It's like the Emperor during the final battle of Episode VI.....Only now, at the end, do you understand. 

So I can still use my AP to get legacy fp? That would be awesome since our mbs are such a cluster...

For now. But expect that to change soon too. Once MyMagic+ goes live and is past testing, legacy FPs will be a thing of the past.

Just curious. I haven't used the fast pass+ system yet but It really seems to SMB. We are not rope drop people nor are we plan out every day of our trip. We get to the parks about 10:00-10:30am. And them decide what we want to do.

With this system I have a feeling I'm not going to able to ride soarin or TT without having to wait in long, 1 hour plus lines.

I'M ON VACATION NOT A BUSINESS TRIP!

I don't want to plan out every detail of my trip. Why the heck should I have to. I say get rid of all fast passes and let everyone wait in the lines. The lines would probably go a lot faster if they didn't have to let all those people with fast passes cut in front of the regular lines.

Maybe I'm wrong and the fast pass system makes everyone's wait shorter. If this is the case please explain to me how that works.

Just curious. I haven't used the fast pass+ system yet but It really seems to SMB. We are not rope drop people nor are we plan out every day of our trip. We get to the parks about 10:00-10:30am. And them decide what we want to do.

With this system I have a feeling I'm not going to able to ride soarin or TT without having to wait in long, 1 hour plus lines.

I'M ON VACATION NOT A BUSINESS TRIP!

I don't want to plan out every detail of my trip. Why the heck should I have to. I say get rid of all fast passes and let everyone wait in the lines. The lines would probably go a lot faster if they didn't have to let all those people with fast passes cut in front of the regular lines.

Maybe I'm wrong and the fast pass system makes everyone's wait shorter. If this is the case please explain to me how that works.

I agree about the fast pass system. That happened to us a few years back at Peter Pan. Fast pass kept getting on, then they let in 4 or 5 "regular" people. We gave up after about 45 minutes of not moving. Go back to everyone waiting!

So far I do not like the fast pass plus system. Maybe it's good at the parks but messing with it on my laptop it stinks. Way to many glitches, you have to schedule the same day 2 or 3 times before it will let your whole family ride. The system is horrible and to be honest I really don't even want to go. I was trying to keep a open mind about it but this Epcot deal just finished it off for me I had days schedule at Epcot with 3 fast passes Malestorm, TT, and Sorain, well guess what they took it away from me today and now I can only pick one.

So far I do not like the fast pass plus system. Maybe it's good at the parks but messing with it on my laptop it stinks. Way to many glitches, you have to schedule the same day 2 or 3 times before it will let your whole family ride. The system is horrible and to be honest I really don't even want to go. I was trying to keep a open mind about it but this Epcot deal just finished it off for me I had days schedule at Epcot with 3 fast passes Malestorm, TT, and Sorain, well guess what they took it away from me today and now I can only pick one.

Well that SMB. 

Update I checked my MDE app on my phone and it gave me the right fast passes on there for Epcot so that's a little better. Still not right on the laptop though but my phone goes to the park so oh well.

I would screen shot that incase it changes on you so you have proof of what it was and then possibly a better chance to complain.