Epcot to test further restrictions on Fastpass+ usage

Soon we will all dress in drab gray clothes and stand in mindless lines to ENJOY our vacation at WDW.  It sounds like they have gotten to a point with too many guests and not enough quality attractions.  At least our kids don't do the thrill rides, so some of the attractions we do get to do will still be available on a walk-up basis.  (I won't mention the names of those attractions, so WDW will not be given a heads-up on what to mess with next.)  You can only do so much with special needs kids.  My question:  Will we still have to keep on the drab grays when we are relaxing at the Fort, or just when we join in to activities there?   :gaah:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have booked Test Track and Soarin for December 13. Hoping they don't change anything. Was I not supposed to be able to do that?

The system is still fairly new and like the Disney site in general, has its quirky times. Some people have had no problems while others have no luck. Stay positive. We have set up fastpasses for our trip in a week and a half. We will let everyone know how that works out. Keeping our fingers crossed...

Not too crazy about the new fast pass system either. We were able to leverage it pretty well with careful planning and would easily get >6 FP per visit. Now we're limited to three? Dumb. Oh, and when we booked our fast passes, we were not given the option to pick the times we want, but rather four different options for the 3 rides we selected. Dumb!

I did hear that you could still ask for a regular KTTW even if you had a magic band as a "backup" that you can book additional FPs with the old way. That's what we'll be trying to do this time around (a CM actually told me that while making reservation).

Another observation: How many more people will book these FPs and then forget about them, and thereby depriving someone else of a FP option? I can easily see that happening since you can't "see" on the magic band like you can on a paper FP when your return time is, you must use a smartphone or write it down ahead of time.

Not too crazy about the new fast pass system either. We were able to leverage it pretty well with careful planning and would easily get >6 FP per visit. Now we're limited to three? Dumb. Oh, and when we booked our fast passes, we were not given the option to pick the times we want, but rather four different options for the 3 rides we selected. Dumb!

I did hear that you could still ask for a regular KTTW even if you had a magic band as a "backup" that you can book additional FPs with the old way. That's what we'll be trying to do this time around (a CM actually told me that making reservation).

After choosing your group one you can go back in and change to specific times you want as available.

After choosing your group one you can go back in and change to specific times you want as available.

As available are the operative words there.

What are the chances that you will be able to get an earlier FP time if you want to?

When the system is made available to all guests, and not just a small test group, what are the chances of being able to get any substitute FP for one of the big rides in Epcot (or DHS)?

TCD

As available are the operative words there.

What are the chances that you will be able to get an earlier FP time if you want to?

When the system is made available to all guests, and not just a small test group, what are the chances of being able to get any substitute FP for one of the big rides in Epcot (or DHS)?

TCD

while playing with t the 30 day mark for Halloween when it was in test at all resorts I could pull up almost any time of day I wanted.

I am sure that wont always be the case but that was my experience with it. We are buying Sil's tickets for Out Christmas trip this week and then will play with FP+ after that.

Personally I try to set mine for later in the day so I can ride early stand by and then ride again as FP+

while playing with t the 30 day mark for Halloween when it was in test at all resorts I could pull up almost any time of day I wanted.

And you could also get FP+'s for Test Track and Soarin' on the same day.  Not anymore.

Things are changing.

Currently, for the week of Christmas and the week before and after, there are no FP+ times on any day at any park for the morning-only afternoons are left.  I think that means you wouldn't be able to move your FP+ to an earlier time.  As those dates get closer, the chances of swapping out a TT or Soarin' FP+ for another time on the same day won't be good.

Hey, but don't sweat it, it's only a test.  I am sure they are giving everyone a big discount for the inconvenience.

TCD

I did hear that you could still ask for a regular KTTW even if you had a magic band as a "backup" that you can book additional FPs with the old way. That's what we'll be trying to do this time around (a CM actually told me that while making reservation).

Starting this week, KTTW cards will not be issued with MBs. Only MBs will be given to testers. So no more legacy FPs. All you will have is the FP+ selections. Its starting with All Stars and working its way down to other resorts.

Starting this week, KTTW cards will not be issued with MBs. Only MBs will be given to testers. So no more legacy FPs. All you will have is the FP+ selections. Its starting with All Stars and working its way down to other resorts.

Does that mean MBs will work at the fort gate?  Last week they didn't.

Since we didn't get MBs or the ability to schedule FPs this trip, I'll reserve judgement until I get to (at least try) and use it myself.

However I can tell you that we didn't even pull a single FP the entire 3 weeks we were there.  We observed early on that it looked like many of the FP return lines were quite a bit longer than usual - noticeably so. We also noticed that the posted wait times (Disney's and also Touring Plans) were off much more than usual - in a lot of cases off by 10-15 minutes or more.  Every time this happened, we noticed that the standby line was being held up when they let dozens and dozens of people into the line from the FP line.  In the case of Space Mountain, they designated one whole line/side for FP only and when that line would stack up, they'd hold up the standby line to send FP people through that side as well. That kicked our wait time a good 30 minutes past what was posted, and this was not on a busy day.

All of this is just anecdotal observations, but I can say that we experienced this many, many times, on many different attractions, in all parks, and on days that were nowhere near what I'd call busy.

So.... I have no idea what all this means but if it's the result of the new FP+ system, they definitely still have a whole bunch of fine tuning to do.

All that said, I can tell you that you can still do pretty much all the "E ticket" rides, in all 4 parks, in one day, without a single FP.  But that's a topic for another thread...   8)

We are at the fort now. We checked in yesterday and were issued KTTW cards along with our magic bands. I am pleased to report that despite being told otherwise by CM at check in that it wouldn't work that you can use the KTTW card to get regular fast passes along with fast pass+.

We did have significant trouble checking in due to the magic band. Mine was having issues and it took over 30 minutes to check in and they still didn't get it right and they ended up issuing a new MB to me. Our payment method isn't link to our MB or our KTTW despite it saying on the card that it's valid for charging.

Last year at Christmas time the reservation system went down, I can only imagine what the reaction is when everything goes down since so much is interlinked note thanks to magic band.

Reservations, tickets, FP, purchases, ect.

The perfect storm would be to add the scanners back on the buses and have the mono rail do it's normal thing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

That kicked our wait time a good 30 minutes past what was posted, and this was not on a busy day.  30?  Only 30?  I think it was more like 45-60.....

All that said, I can tell you that you can still do pretty much all the "E ticket" rides, in all 4 parks, in one day, without a single FP.  But that's a topic for another thread...   8)  

ready anytime you are