Christmassy Boost 2014

We will be there Nov 4-10.  Also planning on the MVMCP on the 7th. 

And, since this will be probably one of the very few times we have a reason to decorate for Christmas, we will be doing so!  I got this lighted musical inflatable as a steal last year at 75% off:
th.jpg

So we plan to start the Christmas cheer upon arrival!

Ok, back to planning my trip! We have ressies for the Fort beginning on Nov 3 through the 21st, but I have to be back in Raleigh by the 15th for my first event. We want to hit Food & Wine multiple days before it ends on the 10th. And I want to get in as much Christmassy stuff as possible before leaving. I have plans to do MVMCP, probably on the 7th. And Osborne should be going by the 10th(?). What else might be done by then? It doesn't sound like the Fort or WL will be decorated. The Gingerbread house will be under construction. Will the icon trees be up at the parks? I assume DHS will, and MK will be decked out for the party. What else might be done by, say, the 13th?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I must admit that I've had my nose tweaked by more than one person on this board but it was always in good clean fun. There was once or twice that I was really offended and was going to leave. But a

We will be there Nov 4-10.  Also planning on the MVMCP on the 7th.    And, since this will be probably one of the very few times we have a reason to decorate for Christmas, we will be doing so!  I got

As long as Lou is there, I'm sure there will be no shortage

We will be bringing an array of Christmas inflatables and lights, and yes, I will start decorating right after I hook-up and put out the awning! I hope to get a site toward the road in 300, so be sure to look for us.

The Fort just announced that due to a shortage of air, those damn, annoying, inflatables that now pass as Christmas decorations, their wording, not mine, are banned.

Everyone who matters understands, so I guess it says something that you have no clue. But hey, don't let it deter you from your mission. Apparently every Disney discussion board needs a curmudgeon to serve as a sink to drain out the over-abundant joy of it's participants. I felt I understood Gatordad, though, which made him more bearable. Or maybe it was just that Christa was so cute. Either way I found him far more tolerable. I'm thinking FB feels more like home and ol Lou can SMB

Everyone who matters understands, so I guess it says something that you have no clue. But hey, don't let it deter you from your mission. Apparently every Disney discussion board needs a curmudgeon to serve as a sink to drain out the over-abundant joy of it's participants. I felt I understood Gatordad, though, which made him more bearable. Or maybe it was just that Christa was so cute. Either way I found him far more tolerable. I'm thinking FB feels more like home and ol Lou can SMB

Right here, right now, Lighten up!!  I read Lou's post and I read your response, you need to chill out.  When you have done  as much for as many as Lou has you can do what ever.  I  know Lou and know that the reason he doesn't use emoticons is because there is no "Tongue in Cheek".   :clint:   

While I hate to see Shannon leave, I also hate to see Lou described as a curmudgeon.  Merriam-Webster says a curmudgeon is a "crusty, ill-tempered, and usually old man."

Lou is not crusty.  He is not ill-tempered.  He has a heart of gold, and I wish I could do as much for so many as he does.

If you think Lou is an old man, then I am an old woman.  Just because I'm going on Medicare soon doesn't make me old.  Old is a state of mind.

Right here, right now, Lighten up!!  I read Lou's post and I read your response, you need to chill out.  When you have done have done as much for as many as Lou has you can do what ever.  I  know Lou and know that the reason he doesn't use emoticons is because there is no "Tongue in Cheek".    

Thanks Gary, I appreciate it.

The Fiends that have dealt with me on my various efforts over the past 3 years know the real me, so I'm letting this post and the Facebook post roll off and wish him the best wherever he makes his online home.

Thanks Gary, I appreciate it.

The Fiends that have dealt with me on my various efforts over the past 3 years know the real me, so I'm letting this post and the Facebook post roll off and wish him the best wherever he makes his online home.

Lou, you are such a gentleman!

Not to get all sappy here, but I would hope that we could all agree to make every attempt at making our posts courteous, informative and uplifting.  We are all hear because of a common love of Disney in general, and The Fort in particular.  Honestly, I don't get a lot of the "snarky" comments on this forum, but I also don't find them offensive.   More of a waste of time and keystrokes, but that's me.  Not passing judgement on any of the parties involved  here, but I tend to stick to my parents' advice that if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it.  

I’m going to attempt to keep this brief. First, my rant against Lou was not based on one post, or even one thread, he just tweaked my nose on the wrong night and I responded with a lot of pent up frustration. I have little doubt that Lou is a great guy in person to those he likes. I have not met him and can only judge him by the online interactions I have had with him. He seems to feel that I need to be “taken down a notch” and that for some reason this is a task that falls to him. Well, Lou, you win. You’ve managed to bring me down a notch, to where I responded in a mean-spirited, joyless way and you’ve managed to make my every log-in here a cause for concern: am I going to have a few minutes of fun as I dream about my next trip, or am I going to have a lamentable encounter with some dour fellow trying to tear me down and tweak my nose? Again you’ve won, I surrender and the playground is yours. I hope you and your remaining victims have fun. For everyone on the periphery of this mess who might have been offended, I sincerely apologize. 

Lou is a great guy in person to those he likes.

That's absolutely not the case. I treat newbies and veterans exactly the same..

I have stopped by the Fort and met new Fiends with the same attitude as I do with veterans.

I treat everyone the same.

You didn't make it known that you were at the Fort on your last visit and I only found out because someone just happened to mention it.

I had made it a priorty to meet you, but you were there and then you were gone.

I have not met him and can only judge him by the online interactions I have had with him.

Which are few and far between.

He seems to feel that I need to be “taken down a notch” and that for some reason this is a task that falls to him.

Again, absolutely 100% not the case. I don't have the need to take anyone down a notch. I'm flabbergasted that you would feel that way and don't understand where that comes from.

Do you remember a while back when you posted about a fellow Santa thinking about getting out of the business? After you posted that, who went over to DHS just to show support and to encourage him to stick with it?

Do you think I just happened to be in the area? I made a concerted effort to go over there just to talk to him because I felt it was important and that you had a concern that he was going to quit.

Well, Lou, you win.

I'm not trying to win and don't have a need to win, but I just can't seem to convince you of that.

You’ve managed to bring me down a notch, to where I responded in a mean-spirited, joyless way and you’ve managed to make my every log-in here a cause for concern:

If that's the case, I had nothing to to do with it.

or am I going to have a lamentable encounter with some dour fellow trying to tear me down and tweak my nose?

I know I kid about it, but I don't stop by and visit where I'm not welcome and I certainly don't need to tweak anyone's nose.

Believe it or not, I do have a life. I co-own and participate in a successful multi lawyer law firm. I work at WDW part time, so I have other things that I could be doing.

Again you’ve won, I surrender and the playground is yours. I hope you and your remaining victims have fun.

There are no winners or losers and there is no need to surrender and this is not my playground.

There's room for everyone.

Honestly, I don't get a lot of the "snarky" comments on this forum, but I also don't find them offensive.  

And you shouldn't find them offensive.

It's actually the basis of FF.Net's existence.

It's our roots and those that know about it practice it. It's never mean spirited and always done tongue in cheek.

but I tend to stick to my parents' advice that if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it.  

We never say unkind things about anyone.

And you shouldn't find them offensive.

It's actually the basis of FF.Net's existence.

It's our roots and those that know about it practice it. It's never mean spirited and always done tongue in cheek.

We never say unkind things about anyone.

OK, so this is interesting - that snarky comments are the basis and history of FF.net's existence.     I guess I always thought is was simply "All things Disney, Camping, WDW and more...."   What is the history of that?

OK, so this is interesting - that snarky comments are the basis and history of FF.net's existence.     I guess I always thought is was simply "All things Disney, Camping, WDW and more...."   What is the history of that?

A Snarky™ but friendly & knowledgeable community full of information on camping at Disney's Fort Wilderness...    

Been that way since our founding.

A Snarky™ but friendly & knowledgeable community full of information on camping at Disney's Fort Wilderness...    

Been that way since our founding.

Ah.   Where is that located on the site?  I was looking for an area about the history of FF, but maybe I overlooked it.