No more visits to the cabin

999624_10151701643836292_1701000384_n.jp

This is what the red sign says next to the padlock.

What construction you may ask?

551399_10151702333081292_907146000_n.jpg

I have no idea but this is what I found just to the right of the cart parking in the 300 loop. And to the left is the bridge/dam that has the locked gate now.

Good job, Annie.

This is very interesting.  I am not all that surprised by the gate- I figured that would be coming after all the fencing they have put up.

But those building supplies stacked up there behind the 300 loop- those are surprising.  It looks like fence material.  Are they going to try to fence off the entire canal from the 300 loop?  That would be a big deal.  And, I don't understand why they would incur the cost to do that.

TCD

Man I was just there Saturday. First time in as long as I can remember that we didn't go back to the bridge. Stupid 1 night trips. I even started to turned the cart down the trail off 300 loop but rest of the group wanted to keep looping looking at the decorations. (Which were kind of sparse ) Wonder what that small stack of metal mesh will be used for. The stop work tag is for no permit and must be for something else other than what the building material is for. Can't wait to find out what this is all about.

I thought fencing too, but the wood is untreated.  Would rot pretty fast.

If you look at the first photo on the left side, you can see four posts sticking out of the ground.  Next to it further left but blocked by the fence is another one.  So I am not sure what they are doing.

I thought fencing too, but the wood is untreated.  Would rot pretty fast.

If you look at the first photo on the left side, you can see four posts sticking out of the ground.  Next to it further left but blocked by the fence is another one.  So I am not sure what they are doing.

I went back and looked at that photo.  Are they making forms to pour concrete?  That could explain the wood, and what looks like a bunch of stakes.  But for what?  Are they going to pour a footer for some kind of a wall?

That red stop work tag is interesting too.  It was issued by the Reedy Creek Improvement District- and it looks like they marked that the tag was issued for a "ROW" violation.  I assume that is Right of Way.  So if RCID is issuing the stop work order, who is doing the work?

I guess this will all become clear once they get going on whatever that building material is for.

TCD

I went back and looked at that photo.  Are they making forms to pour concrete?  That could explain the wood, and what looks like a bunch of stakes.  But for what?  Are they going to pour a footer for some kind of a wall?

That red stop work tag is interesting too.  It was issued by the Reedy Creek Improvement District- and it looks like they marked that the tag was issued for a "ROW" violation.  I assume that is Right of Way.  So if RCID is issuing the stop work order, who is doing the work?

I guess this will all become clear once they get going on whatever that building material is for.

TCD

From what I can gather, the ROW violation means they are blocking a right of way with their construction. So they did not obtain a permit that allows them to block the right of way (the locked gate).

It doesn't help in who or what the construction is. But Im guessing that the materials stacked behind the 300 loop is because they cannot enter the construction area due to the stop work notice. So they dumped it there.

I would also throw out there the rumor of the 4 seasons and golden oaks having boat transportation to MK. Construction in the dam area could lay creditability to this. Not to mention the construction up stream of Golden Oaks on the canal. 

From what I can gather, the ROW violation means they are blocking a right of way with their construction. So they did not obtain a permit that allows them to block the right of way (the locked gate).

It doesn't help in who or what the construction is. But Im guessing that the materials stacked behind the 300 loop is because they cannot enter the construction area due to the stop work notice. So they dumped it there.

I would also throw out there the rumor of the 4 seasons and golden oaks having boat transportation to MK. Construction in the dam area could lay creditability to this. Not to mention the construction up stream of Golden Oaks on the canal. 

You may be on to something with that rumor.

Just this year, they permanently installed a pump there at the dam.  With the pump, they don't need to mess with trying to open and close the dam to regulate water levels.

All along, I figured that Disney wouldn't give the Four Seasons and Golden Oaks folks access to Bay Lake, as they didn't sell any of this land to them.  But, who knows what kind of easement deals could have been struck?  Money talks.  It would be a huge amenity for the Four Seasons to be able to offer their snooty guests yacht rides to the MK.

And you're right Devores- there has been a lot of work going on around that canal.  Not just around the Fort, but across LBV Blvd. too.  There are times that the water level in that canal would be too low to allow a large passenger boat to pass.  But, I'm sure they could dredge and regulate the water levels if they needed to.

One more possibility as to what all that stuff stacked behind the 300 loop is- maybe it is wood that they will use to pour footers for some kind of power/cable poles. I know I've seen digging across the canal and that there are wires buried under ground there.  Maybe they're going to move all the wires above ground?  The only folks who would have to look at the ugly wires are campers at the Fort, and since when has anyone cared about scummy campers?

TCD

If they were planning on navigating that canal the dam and new pump would have to be removed and moved upstream past the resort. I don't see that happening, but it wouldn't take much effort to build a dock in the vicinity of the old cabin and swamp trail.

Of course!

Why didn't I think of that?

They're getting ready to build a monorail along the canal. The Four Seasons yachts will tie up at the new dock, and the guests will be whisked back and forth on the new monorail. Mystery solved.

TCD

I stopped by tonight.  They have the material covered in some heavy duty green canvas now.  There are stakes and flags along the canal, the bridge and on the other side. The flags say RC Property Line on them. The utility lines are flagged.  I will post the pictures tomorrow.  I used my phone and it needs to be recharged before I can upload them to facebook to get a link to post here.

Went back today but didn't take any more pictures.  The property markers are near each side of the little stream's bridge into the canal and the canal by its dam.  If they are building a golf cart track, that is not laid out yet.  Nothing that looks like a dock yet either.

My fiances parents are at the fort now and just texted me letting me know that the construction behind the 300 loop is for a bat barn on the other side of the bridge. They were informed by a CM at the trading post.

Interesting. I always kept my bats in my bat bag. They were easier to hang in the dugout. :)