DaveInNY's Time Warp 2001 (Plus 2004) Trip Report

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was a pretty short trip....4 or 5 days IIRC.  I don't remember how many park days we did, but I don't think we did any parks besides MK.  Our girls were little, and it was a quick boat ride from

Cute pictures

Thanks!

Aladdin?  In the castle?  Who let that gutter rat in?

My thoughts exactly. 

Awesome stuff, Dave!

It is a great mystery to me how you were able to trick INC into marrying you.

You got a link to the scanner you bought? I have boxes of photos I need to scan one of these days.

TCD

I could say the same about your marriage, you know.  We are blessed men, for sure. 

And the scanner is this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/271319915153?lpid=82

I bought it from a different seller on ebay but around the same price with free shipping. 

So far it is working out very well.  It is quite small, so I sit in my recliner with a photo album and the scanner and just go through it.  What's really nice is that it scans directly to an included SD card, so you don't have to hook it up to your computer to scan.  It automatically creates a 600dpi jpeg file for each scan.  You can then just pop the SD card into the card slot of your laptop and move them to your picture folders or upload them.  It will feed up to 4x6 snapshots, or you can also feed the negatives.  For what I paid and the ease of use, I'm happy with the results after finishing 2 albums.  This is my winter project. 

I could say the same about your marriage, you know.  We are blessed men, for sure. 

And the scanner is this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/271319915153?lpid=82

I bought it from a different seller on ebay but around the same price with free shipping. 

So far it is working out very well.  It is quite small, so I sit in my recliner with a photo album and the scanner and just go through it.  What's really nice is that it scans directly to an included SD card, so you don't have to hook it up to your computer to scan.  It automatically creates a 600dpi jpeg file for each scan.  You can then just pop the SD card into the card slot of your laptop and move them to your picture folders or upload them.  It will feed up to 4x6 snapshots, or you can also feed the negatives.  For what I paid and the ease of use, I'm happy with the results after finishing 2 albums.  This is my winter project.

Thanks for the link. I need to get going on something like this myself. I know there are companies that you can send a box of photos to, and they'll scan them for you. But, I'm not comfortable sending a box of photos away like that. I like the idea of scanning right on to an SD card.

TCD

And breakfast with the babes, we headed out into the Magic Kingdom.  According to my pictures, we ended up at Mickey's Toontown Fair.  The playground here was always a favorite of my girls.

EK_0052.JPG

EK_0053.JPG

EK_0054.JPG

My DD13 had just turned 1 before this trip.  She was the perfect age for the playground. 

The other 2 girls wanted to meet Mickey. 

EK_0055.JPG

Is there anything more special at WDW than a hug from Mickey himself??

EK_0056.JPG

We then rode Dumbo.  Which in those days was no small feat....before they added the second spinner the lines were typically LONG.  But anything for our kids, especially on their first trip to the Magic Kingdom.

EK_0057.JPG

For some reason, I have pictures from 2 visits to the MK on this trip....and they are almost all from Mickey's Toontown Fair.  My kids must have liked it there.  No other pictures from the park on this day. 

We left and hit the boat for the ride back to the WL.  Funny how you could take pictures inside the boats today, in 2001, or in 1977 and they'd look pretty much the same. 

EK_0058.JPG

Looks like it's nap time for DD13. 

EK_0059.JPG

Come to think of it, they ALL look tired.

EK_0060.JPG

Awww, there's a little Izzy smile. 

EK_0061.JPG

The next update will include pictures from our dinner at Crystal Palace....but I have no idea whether they were later this day or another day.  So let's just say we went back to the Lodge for a nap, and then headed back to the MK for dinner at CP!  coming up.....

Great pix

It's so neat watching your girls grow up in reverse.

Does that make sense? Lol.

I remember Dumbo lines. They SMB!

It does make sense.  Scanning all these pictures has been making me nostalgic...especially at Christmas time.  Most of them were taken up north with lots of snow!  Anyways, I do love seeing the girls younger again.  

Never did ride Dumbo as a child because my parents would not wait in the line to go in circles.

The lines for Dumbo never made sense.  You can ride the same basic ride at any county fair.

I love this report.

I got my pop-up in 1999, and the TCD gang spent a lot of time at WDW in the '99-'01 time frame.  Those photos of the play area in Toontown, Mickey in his tent, and Dumbo take me back.

And you're right about the boats- some things never change.

TCD

I think I'm safe in saying that everyone would love to see some classic TCD trip reports.  

I love this report too.

We started camping at the fort in 1988 when we got our first RV.  I should dig out those photos and do some early TRs too.

BTW, we loved Toontown.

You should post some old reports!

this TR might be full of too much cuteness

Why thank you.  And the girls are cute too!

I can't get over how much hair you had  adorably cute those girls are.  

They have blossomed into beautiful young women. 

Any time old pics of me come up at home, my girls invariably will comment on how much hair I had.  And how dark it was.  Oy.  

Love the Izzy smile! And I recognize those tired looks.... Universal among kids!

Yep....it's easy to tell when they have hit their limit.  Funny thing is, they never admit it!  

What a great report! I love looking back at our trips when the kids were little and I am enjoying your look back, too. Funny, we also had that Fisher Price stroller. Must have been popular!

I remember buying that stroller right at Fisher Price's headquarters store in East Aurora, NY.  We lived about 10 minutes down the road from it, and they had an outlet there.  Had a lot of FP stuff in our house in those days!  

This was a pretty short trip....4 or 5 days IIRC.  I don't remember how many park days we did, but I don't think we did any parks besides MK.  Our girls were little, and it was a quick boat ride from the WL. 

Our typical routine on this trip was....we'd hit the MK in the morning, then go back to the villa in the afternoon so Izzy could take a nap.  While she was napping, I would take the 2 older girls downstairs to the pool. 

So, after the nap and pool time, we headed back to the dock and caught the boat back to the MK.  I had made a dinner ADR at Crystal Palace...a first visit there for any of us. 

I booked this meal because my girls were big Winnie the Pooh fans.  And we were not disappointed with the character time at dinner!

EK_0062.JPG

I've always like Tigger. 

EK_0063.JPG

I didn't remember Izzy liking the character interactions all that much, but this picture says differently.

EK_0065.JPG

As does this one.

EK_0066.JPG

EK_0067.JPG

EK_0068.JPG

EK_0069.JPG

These are obviously out of order a bit, because I'm pretty sure each character came to our table once.  But you get the idea.

I love this one...Izzy trying to get Tigger's nose. 

EK_0070.JPG

EK_0071.JPG

Piglet is another favorite of my girls. 

EK_0072.JPG

Dessert time!

EK_0073.JPG

EK_0074.JPG

I wish I had at least 1 or 2 pictures of the buffet.  These days I'd photograph every inch of it.  But that would never occur to me when using film.  In any case, I remember being quite pleased with the selection at dinner there, and we've been back since.  It's been a few years now, so I'd like to get back at some point. 

That is all I have for this day.  In the next update, we return to Toontown we even more children. 

Great thread Dave!  I may be late to the party, but sign me up!  Add me to the list of people who think INC has not aged a bit.  My DW also hasn't changed and I tell everyone it's because she married the right guy and her life has been full of roses and easy living.

Not sure why everyone laughs so hard when I say that?

I like that scanner - I just got through spending hours scanning some old photos from my youth for a presentation at my parent's 50th wedding anniversary and was wishing I had a way to scan negatives and old slides.  You have given me inspiration and will put that on my Christmas wish list.

If I could make a suggestion?  Maybe consider one of those services where you can make a hard cover book out of the photos?  Graduation present maybe for one of the girls?  I made one as a gift to Nancy for our 20th wedding anniversary and people still pick it up and browse through it when they come to visit.

Loving your TR!  Looking forward to more Toontown pics.

Thanks Gwen!  Those pics are coming up a bit later today I think.

Your lack of pood forn pix is excused because of the great pix of the girls.

Great TR! Keep it coming.

It is odd, isn't it?  Not a single picture of food.  Just doesn't seem right.

Wow great pictures. It is also neat to see how much your girls look like each other.

Thanks Bo.  I think you're right...they looked more like each other back then than they do older.  The main thing has always been that they each got their mother's eyes.  Thankfully.  I barely have eyes.  I think I told this story before, but a few years ago my kids were looking at my drivers license, and for "Eyes", it said BL.  One of the girls asked what BL meant, and another one said "it means Barely".   :rofl2:

Just found this awesome thread!  Can't wait for more!

Thanks for reading, Leslie!  I hope your presence here is an indication that you are gearing up for a trip report yourself??  

Great thread Dave!  I may be late to the party, but sign me up!  Add me to the list of people who think INC has not aged a bit.  My DW also hasn't changed and I tell everyone it's because she married the right guy and her life has been full of roses and easy living.

Not sure why everyone laughs so hard when I say that?

I like that scanner - I just got through spending hours scanning some old photos from my youth for a presentation at my parent's 50th wedding anniversary and was wishing I had a way to scan negatives and old slides.  You have given me inspiration and will put that on my Christmas wish list.

If I could make a suggestion?  Maybe consider one of those services where you can make a hard cover book out of the photos?  Graduation present maybe for one of the girls?  I made one as a gift to Nancy for our 20th wedding anniversary and people still pick it up and browse through it when they come to visit.

I like your reasoning.....because life with me IS full of roses and easy living.  Or at least it's full of something.  

Thanks for the suggestion.  One reason I'm scanning all the photos is to preserve them before the snapshots begin deteriorating, and another is so that they can be shared with the girls electronically when they get older and move on in life.  I hadn't even considered doing something with the snapshots.  They are all in albums, but the albums themselves are beginning to fall apart.  Thankfully the pictures are still in good shape.  Do you happen to have any links to what you are referencing?  Or are these mainly local businesses that do this?

I used a service through dot photo.com because we started with that service in 2002 and have been paying a monthly fee since then (lots of photos archived there).

Just did a book for my parents that is 74 pages, paid $29 or so for design service and total cost is around $100. Might be cheaper out there. But time is at a premium these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk