So.... it seems maybe coyote sightings are on the rise (?), as an internal advisory was issued...

• If coyotes have been spotted in a location, all trash cans and dumpsters should be emptied and cleaned nightly.  No food should be left out where it might be accessible.
  • Do not approach any coyote  seen approaching humans, asit may be sick or injured.  Also do not run away as this could inadvertently activate its instinct to chase. 
  • If the coyote is moving toward humans, yell loudly and wave your arms to scare it away until you can leave the area. When leaving, do so slowly  to clear a path for the coyote to exit.
  • Report all coyote sightings to Pest Management - 407-938-3902 or 8240-3902 (available 24/7)

In addition, coyote information was posted from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Committee:

• Coyotes are members of the dog family and resemble German Shepherds with a bushy tail.
  • Coyotes have appeared in Central Florida since the mid 1980s.  They are currently found in every county in Florida.
  • Coyotes can be seen during the day and at night, but are typically most active at sunset and sunrise.
  • Coyotes are skittish and not considered a threat to human safety; however, they should never be approached or fed.

This is the first I've heard of coyotes around WDW.

But, I'm not surprised.

We have a bad problem with them around where I live.

Cats and small dogs have been killed by them.

They are not native to Florida.  I don't know why they just don't eliminate them.

Or, at least bring in some Road Runners to deal with the problem.

TCD

This is the first I've heard of coyotes around WDW.

But, I'm not surprised.

We have a bad problem with them around where I live.

Cats and small dogs have been killed by them.

They are not native to Florida.  I don't know why they just don't eliminate them.

Or, at least bring in some Road Runners to deal with the problem.

TCD

I live nearby and we have quite a few that frequent our subdivision (rural).  Saw several crossing Osceola Parkway a little while ago.  Winter Garden has many, and several people have lost their pets.  A friend of mine lives there and says when he leaves in the early morning to head to work at Disney, he may see 6 or 7 of them prior to leaving his subdivision. 

I finally asked what those round things with the hole in the middle along the tree line going towards the Fort were.   I was told they are African bee traps.  I was told they haven't caught any here yet but there was a large number of them in the Tampa area.   What I would like to know is why would Africanized bees be the only ones being coerced into the traps?  Anybody else hear anything about these?

I finally asked what those round things with the hole in the middle along the tree line going towards the Fort were.   I was told they are African bee traps.  I was told they haven't caught any here yet but there was a large number of them in the Tampa area.   What I would like to know is why would Africanized bees be the only ones being coerced into the traps?  Anybody else hear anything about these?

They only serve up African foods in those bee traps...