This is the greatest repository of Fort info around.  Thank God I found this site.  My family and I are heading to the fort in June and we would like to not be the worst "first timers" ever.  What loops are best for big rigs?  Bring 40ft fifth wheel/toy hauler with golf cart.  Two kids age 8 and 4.  We would gladly accept and appreciate any advice from seasoned Fort campers.  Thanks so much.

Coach Seibert

This is the greatest repository of Fort info around.  Thank God I found this site.  My family and I are heading to the fort in June and we would like to not be the worst "first timers" ever.  What loops are best for big rigs?  Bring 40ft fifth wheel/toy hauler with golf cart.  Two kids age 8 and 4.  We would gladly accept and appreciate any advice from seasoned Fort campers.  Thanks so much.

Coach Seibert

First, Welcome??

What type of site did you book?  (Full, Premium or Preferred)  That will narrow down your choices.

First, Welcome??

What type of site did you book?  (Full, Premium or Preferred)  That will narrow down your choices.

We have not booked just yet.  I was hoping to narrow down and be pretty specific.  I know it will have to be a Premium given the size of the rig.

Yes, welcome.

If you didn't book a premium site, you should.  You'll appreciate the extra space that it provides.

I assume you'll want to use the pool in June?

If so, and since you'll have a couple of kids along, take a look at the 1400 loop.  But any premium loop is good if you have a golf cart to get around.

TCD

Absolutely.  The camper gave us the option of some "off" days from the parks since it drove the price down compared to places we had stayed before on property.  

Well, that's really all you can book is a site classification. The rest is request only!!  So go ahead and book a premium, look at the resources here to get an idea of what you would like to request. Make sure they note the size of your rig when you book your reservation.

Also since you haven't booked yet, may I recommend you use a travel agent that is a member here, knows the Fort well, and will handle making all your requests.

[email protected]

oh and WELCOME!!!!!!

Also since you haven't booked yet, may I recommend you use a travel agent that is a member here, knows the Fort well, and will handle making all your requests.

[email protected]

Thanks for the recomendation Carol.  It is alwats appreciated. If I can be of any assistance Coach feel free to contact me.

don't forget to download the FREE app we have for the sites at fort wilderness

just search fort wilderness on either apple or google app store and you will find it, it tells you all the dimensions of each site

also, i must remind y'all that it is not a good idea to post email addresses on a public forum, as people from other countries can get your email and hijack it.

please use the pm system, thanks  :)

also, i must remind y'all that it is not a good idea to post email addresses on a public forum, as people from other countries can get your email and hijack it.

please use the pm system, thanks  :)

ummmm, jen unless someone else posted an email address, that was the travel agent email and his email is already posted in his ad on the site

(Unless the ad format is different in some geek way than posting in the actual post section)

Just booked for June...requested premium site and I am going to try the Fax request for 1400 loop about 30-45 days out from trip. Hopefully my results will be Magical.....

too early for the fax. The Fort doesn't even get your information from central reservations until about 4 - 5 days before arrival. They assign sites 2 - 3 days before, so fax a week before arrival at the most. Others may say different, but too early and there is a chance it gets lots and not seen.

Just booked for June...requested premium site and I am going to try the Fax request for 1400 loop about 30-45 days out from trip.  Hopefully my results will be Magical.....

too early for the fax. The Fort doesn't even get your information from central reservations until about 4 - 5 days before arrival. They assign sites 2 - 3 days before, so fax a week before arrival at the most. Others may say different, but too early and there is a chance it gets lots and not seen.

Agreed.

Also, when you say "requested premium site,"  make sure that you booked a premium site- it will say on your reservation. 

You can request a specific loop now, and they'll note it on your reservation.

Also, you can request a specific loop when you do on-line check in prior to your trip. 

The conventional wisdom here is as Tim says- the best time to fax is 5-7 days before your trip.  Earlier than that is too early.

And, since you have a golf cart, don't sweat the loop thing too much- any premium loop will be fine for you.

TCD

I second, third, and fourth the 1400 loop.  Big bear and little bear are great places to be with kids.  We will be there in June for a couple of weeks and we are also trying to get our "Requests" in for that area.  Close to the movie, pool, and a nice walk to the meadows trading post.

I have also pulled a large 5er in to those spots and it worked out just fine (after I moved a trash can or two).

Agreed.

Also, when you say "requested premium site,"  make sure that you booked a premium site- it will say on your reservation. 

You can request a specific loop now, and they'll note it on your reservation.

Also, you can request a specific loop when you do on-line check in prior to your trip. 

The conventional wisdom here is as Tim says- the best time to fax is 5-7 days before your trip.  Earlier than that is too early.

And, since you have a golf cart, don't sweat the loop thing too much- any premium loop will be fine for you.

TCD

I booked a premium site int he 1400 loop. I went and checked.  Thanks so much.

I agree with the 5-7 day mark on the fax. And I know they look at them. I mentioned we loved our April 2012 site in my fax and we were given that site again for April 2013. Little bear is also really nice for kids though because it gets less traffic.

• 3 weeks later...