For future reference when planning your next Fort trip, wood is always free on the 3000 loop.

Last time we were at the Fort (Nov) I was sorry we didn't have a fire pit.  Lots of unused firewood left behind by neighboring campers.  If you aren't above scavenging a bit, you can often find a few logs here and there that the previous occupants didn't burn.

Last time we were at the Fort (Nov) I was sorry we didn't have a fire pit.  Lots of unused firewood left behind by neighboring campers.  If you aren't above scavenging a bit, you can often find a few logs here and there that the previous occupants didn't burn.

At a lot of campgrounds we have been at on Sunday we call it the firewood round up, a lot of the seasonal roam the campground on their golf carts looking for  all the firewood the weekenders don't want to take home with them, it gets pretty funny to watch.

I've left a few logs laying around the Fort over the years.

Way to take this thread into the toilet, Dave.

I took the firepit over to the family just down from you with the Toy Story theme and they were very appreciative of the leftover wood from Jason and Kelly.  They had a roaring fire going when I went by last night.  Thanks guys.