Keys to the Kingdom tour for adult first time visitor?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah, Lou - dear, dear, gorgeous-when-you-were-young-but-not-so-much-now Lou.  Bless your heart.  You just can't help it, can you?  It must be that inner urge you have to rain on parades, to burst bubbl

Lou, I especially like the Disney parks when I visit on my own because I feel safe, I can step off the airplane and immediately start enjoying the Disney experience at MCO with Magic Express. I can a

Me?? Call Lou, Magic Bus, the Grand Poobah of this site a schmuckface? It does not trip easily off the tongue. (schmuckface, schmuckface, schmuckface, schmuckface...)

Interesting, and here I am thinking that Judy has a great memory. Can I take back the up arrow I gave her?

Nope. Magic busman!

Every day I get in the queue (Too much, the Magic Bus)

To get on the bus that takes me to you (Too much, the Magic Bus)

I'm so nervous, I just sit and smile (Too much, the Magic Bus)

Your house is only another mile (Too much, the Magic Bus)

Thank you, driver, for getting me here (Too much, the Magic Bus)

You'll be an inspector, have no fear (Too much, the Magic Bus)

Every day I get in the queue (Too much, the Magic Bus)

To get on the bus that takes me to you (Too much, the Magic Bus)

I'm so nervous, I just sit and smile (Too much, the Magic Bus)

Your house is only another mile (Too much, the Magic Bus)

Thank you, driver, for getting me here (Too much, the Magic Bus)

You'll be an inspector, have no fear (Too much, the Magic Bus)

Actually that's not where I got the name from, it's work related.

Buses are referred to based on whatever bus hub they're operating from.

If you're working out of DHS, you're a Studiosbus, if you're working out of Epcot, you're an Epcotbus, and if you're working out of the MK, wait for it,........... you're a Magicbus. The other hub names didn't sound as good as Magibus, and as I liked driving out of the MK, it was Magicbus.

And while I have your attention Ramon, I'd like to respond to something you said in a previous post.

"Next time your in the MK look into the eyes of those little ones that are seeing Main Street USA and Cindys castle for the first time and tell me you don't see the magic in their eyes".

There is no need for me to go into a park to witness that, and I'm assuming that the other drivers have experienced the same thing, but I have seen that same look in hundreds of kids eyes over the years as they get on the bus.

They'll look up at me, pause, and look at me as if I'm something special, not just schmuck face bus driver.

Sometimes, I'll get a little wave from the real little ones as they pass by in their parents arms. Or every once in a while, after the ride is over, one will ask for a hug. And even though you all know I don't hug, I do.

There are 2 incidents that really stand out though. The first was when a little boy ran up to me, he was very excited. He opened up his hands and showed me a little toy Disney bus that he had just gotten. His mom told me that he just had to show it to me, wow.

And the other was when another little boy handed me a home made card when we arrived at the park which read, thanks for making my visit magical. Whoa, another big wow.

These types of incidents caught me off guard when I first started, and I remember telling my wife about them when they occurred.

My time as a WDW bus driver is probably drawing to a close in the not too distant future. It's become a job now, and after six years, it's getting kinda old. I'm going through the motions, but one of the things that keeps me going are those types of incidents, which btw, and I'm glad to say, still happen on occasion.

So yes, I do know what the magic is, and where to find it.

I had to give you an up arrow for sharing your stories.

I knew you still saw/felt the magic that is Disneyworld. We just had to get it out of you. Lol

Don't worry I won't tell anyone what you said. I don't want to ruin your street cred.

I kind of understand when you say "it's become a job now".

Not only do I love to scuba dive I was actually a instructor.

It got to the point, that even when I was on a dive vacation with other divers who didn't know me and I never told them I was an instructor, I just couldn't enjoy myself. I was constantly watching and worrying about the other divers in our group. I had to quit teaching. It became a job.

I have since gotten my solo diver certification and love diving again, even with other divers. Lol

Just curious, but are you thinking of quitting Disney all together or transferring to a different job at Disney?

Actually the perks are really good if you're a Disney person.

What are some of the perks? Do you get into the parks any time you want? Or just on slow days?

What about when family comes to visit. Do you get discounted tickets for them. Merchandise and/or food discounts?

What are some of the perks? Do you get into the parks any time you want? Or just on slow days?

What about when family comes to visit. Do you get discounted tickets for them. Merchandise and/or food discounts?

It would take me a half hour to itemize all the of the discounts and benefits CMs get. It's more than most people imagine it to be.

And the discounts are not in the 10 to 20% range, they can be as much as 50%.

If a full time or part time CM took advantage of all of them, we're talking 3k to maybe 5k a year in discounts.

It really is substantial. And as good as it is now, it was even better when I started 17 years ago.